ReefCleaners.org

My fish got a new home!

Tigahboy

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that's looking awesome. i also just decided that for my birthday i want my parents to get me metal halides. what type would you suggest.

How big is your tank and how many inches in length?

Since these are my first metal halides, I can't honestly say which is the "best." But I am very pleased w/ the ones I have now.

It's an Aquamedic 150w 20000K Double Ended HQI metal halide pendant. You can find them at marinedepot.com or premiumaquatics.com.

But really depends on what size tank you have.

And thanks for the compliment! :)

Tigahboy,How much is the shiping on your frag packs.Is it over night?

Well Jim will have you pay exactly what it costs to ship it. So it varies depending on how big the box is and how much it weighs.

I say the lowest amt spent on shipping was $33, while the highest (since the box was HUGE), was around $41.

And yes it is overnight.

And thank you for compliment.

i think that i am going to go with two 150w metal halides and one actinic blue. my tank is 43"L 14"W 18"H

That will be a nice lighting system for sure. I can't afford something even close to that right now. hehe. Those dimensions are huge...how many gallons is the tank?

I'm assuming it gonna be 150w w/ 10000K + actinic....cuz 150w w/ 20000K + actinic will be very very blue.

Tigahboy, eney thing new to ur fuge?

Not really...chaeto is growing somewhat...but I need to upgrade lights and I want to add more sand...

Fuge is crawling w/ pods, worms, and snails...and the pods are taking over my main tank!

I might get a wrasse to complete the food chain.

Hahah...I am running out of money....but I did get new stuff this past friday....like a small SPS frag I'm trying out under my lights, firecracker red zoo's, and a blue mushroom rock....When I have the time, I will post pics. The zoo I bought for cheap since the colony didn't look so good in the LFS, so I'm trying to bring it back to life...wish me luck!

Oh...and more stuff coming in this Friday! I usually order stuff to be delivered on Fridays.

Will post pics of ALL the new stuff this weekend...stay tuned.

Just placed an order w/ blowfishaquatics.com as well.

So this Friday I should be getting the following:

From blowfish:

-9 for $99 pack of ricordea floridas :)

My first time ordering from blowfish...Bryan seemed really nice and accomodating, and I hear good reviews of that vendor, so I'm expecting (hopefully) good stuff!

Got my 9 ricordea fl for $99 at blowfishaquatics.com today!

I know many may be skeptical to order a 9 for 99 deal since you can't see pictures of the exact piece of coral, but I think blowfishaquatic's deal is absolutely WORTH IT.

I gave Bryan at blowfish a rather LONG list of preferences and I can honestly say that Bryan really went out of his way to make sure that my preferences were met! He even called me up when I got my order in today to ensure that I was satisfied...that's great customer service for ya.

Anyways, my 9 for 99 deal came w/ over 11/12 ricordea, a bunch of BRIGHT pink mounted on one rock, another cluster of amazing blues w/ purple undertones, a couple of crazy orange polyps and this crazy green, orange, and light blue ricordea which was attached to a rock w/ some zoanthids!

I will take better pictures later, but for now, here's what I got (and these are NOT tiny polyps at all):

ab1.jpg

ab2.jpg

If you want ricordea fl, give Bryan at blowfishaquatics a call...he'll hook you up.

Archived