Pod Your Reef

My fish got a new home!

Tigahboy

Hey Tigahboy pretty soon here your going to have the Tank of The Month dude. It just gets better and better. I cant wait to see the results of your new 9 for 99 Ric. Man that's amazing. Question, you cant frag ric's can you? By the way if you frag anything more let me know. I would love to get my hands on some of your corals. Keep it coming man.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could frag rics. i've unintentionally fragged rics. Like a rock breaking apart and slicing a ric in half, and each then growing into a whole.

I have some stuff, Cesar. Let me just finalize what I am willing to sell, and I'll get back to you.

And thanks for the complements, Cesar! Haha. But I think my tank can't compare to a lot of awesome tanks out there that haven't gotten TOTM, yet.

But at least I got TOTM on fragpacks! hahahaha...even tho I was actually the only person who entered since they require tanks w/ fragpack corals, and I was the only one who had some w/ pictures.

But I get my $25 gift certificate at fragpacks for TOTM, so I'm happy!

http://forum.fragpacks.com/showthread.php?t=18

you guys should enter (oh, but you have to show fragpacks corals), before a lot of crazy folks start to enter. haha.

Why are percs such mean lil bstards? Well the ones I've had were at least.

The first one was cool for awhile, then all of a sudden she started to turn mean and would punk the firefish, when she never paid much attention to them for a month before. Then he ended up shredding their tail fins and harassing them non-stop, so I had to give him away. Lost 1 firefish as a result...although I was never able to find the body.

I got a tiny perc to replace him. He has been cool for the first 2 weeks, just clumsily swimming around. Minding his own business, now he's starting to punk my last firefish! ARG! But at least it's not to the point where I should be taking someone out. But soon I won't have any fish in my tank at all.

Okay, I know it's not a full tank shot, but I just had to show y'all these beauties! Bryan at blowfishaquatics was kind enough to reserve me a few when they came in. So ordered these guys and some nice metallic greens and others.

But for now, my newest, and favorite ricordea addition...

Rainbow madness ricordea ($11 per polyp as usual in the 9 for 99 deal)!

raibowric1.jpg

I was just looking at that ricordea on fragpacks today! That's so cool. And thanks for getting back with my on my questions.. was wondering if you missed it. I'm thinking of getting the same tank as you but I just found in the paper a 75g saltwater set up with everything... corals, live rock, stand, lights, fish, filters, and extra stuff for 400.00. So I'm waiting to hear back from the lady. The only problem is 75g is a little more than I wanted to take care of. But even if I bought a 30g or 40g and transfered everything over, then sold the tank, I would still be way ahead. Keep the pictures coming!

Full Tank Shot...w/ new black background (the ones you buy in sheets. :P)

1024full.jpg

I can't seem to take a clear shot these days...I'll try to post a better pic soon. zzz

My only complaint as of right now is the no-coral zone inside the blue dotted region shown below...

Since it's pretty dim in that area and pretty vertical, I can't seem to place anything there to fill it in.

I tried to put a green ric there, but as you can see, the ric has fallen to the bottom. That usually is the case for most stuff I put there. X)

nozone.jpg

Any advice as to what I could put in this area without having to rearrange my rocks for the 100th time?

get some sps frags and glue em to small rubble and wedge it in there.

PS... check out my new tank tiger. It's very similar to yours (40 g clear for life)

Thanks for the input, you guys!

bowfront26, I would definitely like to check out your set-up...have a link? PM it to me or leave it here. And if it is a 40g clear-for-life...there should only be a 2" difference in distance from front to back. that's pretty damn similar. Can't wait to see it.

uchiha, tubastrea would be cool, but they usually prefer to be on the bottom/sand, rite? I definitely don't have much space on the bottom, just that middle region where the rocks are mostly vertical w/ pockets of space to wedge stuff in.

I just discovered a nasty eunice worm...he was literally dragging my firecracker reds and the rock they are attached to. He must've dragged them almost 1" before he darted faster than a speeding bullet back to the depths of hell where he came from.

He also (I suspect) knocked over my ricordea rock nearby.

my eunice worm thread...w/ gross pics.

tubastrea doesn't need to be on the sand bed, they can be epoxied or superglued to over hangs or cave entrances, whatever you like... they're impartial to light so they don't mind being placed up high. or sideways as your rockwork would have you place it... as long as they get fed they will be happy :)

so if you find one, try it out!

Sorry Tigahboy dont mean to disturb the thread but do you think I can glue a Finger Leather to a LR? I cant seem to get him stable in one place without sticking him.

I'm no expert in leathers, so maybe you might want to get a second opinion....but I hear its much safer just allowing it to attach to a small rock first...then glue that rock to your LR.

Leathers seem rather slippery and difficult to glue...I also hear of toothpick methods, rubberband methods, etc. But I have no experience with leathers...

I would check out garf.org

they usually have good tips.

Are you still droppin by for the ric?

Archived