Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Teenyreef's IM40 Not-So-Teeny Tank - August FTS

teenyreef

Nah, I'm to cheap to drop the bucks on a reefer, I'd rather waste my money on live corals so they can die :lol:

But I definitely would like to go with a sump in my next build, whenever that is. The IM40 is a nice tank but there's a lot I would do different if I was redoing this tank. I'd have a sump, and I'd have a slightly smaller/less tall tank with a little more room around the sides and back. Right now, if I spill any water down the sides on the back half, it's almost impossible to clean the glass because there's no room. Oops :blush:

hahah, I had the same issue with my shallow tank on the fireplace before, barely any room around or behind the tank.

• Like 1

The corals from AquaSD came today! I'm never drinking and ordering corals at the same time again, I think I have a real problem.

Like, way too many corals :lol:

I've been dipping and rinsing and moving corals around from one frag rack to another for hours now. I haven't glued up any of the previous corals I got, plus I still had all the corals that were in temporary quarters in this tank from the frag tank and the 10g. So I moved the monticaps out of the frag tank back into the 10g, and I moved the zoa and little monto cap frags out of the this tank and back into the frag tank. That freed up enough frag racks for almost all of the new ASD corals. Now I just have to figure out where I can find room on the sand bed for the three sps colonies, so they can get acclimated to the light before I glue them up to the rocks...

• Like 12

:lol: All I have so far are the quick flash pics I took before I dipped them. All the corals are diipped and in the tank now. And I'm very tired :closedeyes:

The two corals on the left side and the one in the top middle were freebies :)

31301800773_75f64c25f5_b.jpg20170104-untitled-008.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

10-pack of acros:

31301804053_9456936a94_b.jpg20170104-untitled-010.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Colonies:

31301806723_64f77f83a2_b.jpg20170104-untitled-011.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 10

And the sps frags are color coordinated on the left side, a little rainbow display. You sure do have many. It's gonna be fun putting this puzzle together. What works best where.

• Like 1

And the sps frags are color coordinated on the left side, a little rainbow display. You sure do have many. It's gonna be fun putting this puzzle together. What works best where.

You're right, it is like a puzzle! I hadn't thought of it that way.

• Like 1

I need to take lots more pictures, many of the ones I took this evening were either out of focus or the corals hadn't really opened up yet. But here's one of the corals in the 10 sps pack, which is already one of my favorites :)

31965729422_7c6b02a60d_b.jpg20170104-untitled-029-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

lol you filled that 40 up pretty quick!

Inorite?

In my defense, many of these corals should be in the 10g tank. But still... :rolleyes:

• Like 7

Yes! A display tank turned frag tank is the best kind (speaking from experience :lol: )

All mine seem to end up that way eventually! I just can't resist collecting candy :)

That mummy eye is beautiful!

Thanks! That's actually the coral that tempted me into starting the order. It all went downhill from there...
  • Like 2
Marc.The.Shark

Oh my! I'm gonna need that of mummy frag! Lol. Luv'em. Saw those on SD, they were sweet looking & obviously didn't disappoint!

A6922A99-272B-4F94-934F-2DA4ACC2EF2E.jpg

• Like 1

I'll need another day or two to get decent pictures of everything, but here's a teaser top down shot of my embarrassingly overcrowded tank :)

31303081793_bb76520165_b.jpg2017-01-04 IM40 Top Down by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Was it you who said stadium seating in one of my threads ;)

I am not a chalice person as they sometimes have those sweepers.......but yes the mummy eye is one that has always been a nice one.

• Like 1

" What had happened was.... "

Just be careful and watch your levels. Adding a ton of different corals will throw some things off. Just keep an eye on it. :D

-Dave

• Like 2

You have more acros than I do. :D

I missed over a week of updates, good grief! I am very happy for you and also scared to death. Remember, low Alk does damage but an Alk spike will kill. Dose accordingly and test daily please. A reminder I'm sure you don't need, but still, that's a lot of little acros.

• Like 1