Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Teenyreef's IM40 Not-So-Teeny Tank - August FTS

teenyreef

Sounds like a solid plan. Im sure within a week or so verything will be back to normal and it'll be good as new. Maybe the sand was trapping crap,or something had died.

• Like 1

tank is looking awesome! filling up quickly =P

Thanks, Ninja! I really need a working frag tank, the 4g just hasn't been stable enough. I'm starting to get visions of something "small" like about 20g, with a sump. I have a lot of frags that are extras and just need to grow out so I can get rid of them :)

Wow the orange from the dendro is sooo bright, it's awesome!!!

Yeah, I love the dendros, they really make for a nice splash of color, and you can put them anywhere since they're non photosynthetic. I target feed them every few days and they seem to be doing very well that way. They're popping out lots of babies. Now that I'm on vacation I should have time to take a few more pictures.

Sounds like a solid plan. Im sure within a week or so verything will be back to normal and it'll be good as new. Maybe the sand was trapping crap,or something had died.

Thanks! There's this weird gray algae that just takes over everything. I can knock it back for a few weeks by scrubbing the rocks and/or dipping in peroxide, but it comes right back because it's so thick in the back of the rocks where I can't reach it.

Drink up Teeny. :D

Yes, that's some great advice! drinking-wine-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 1

Thanks, Ninja! I really need a working frag tank, the 4g just hasn't been stable enough. I'm starting to get visions of something "small" like about 20g, with a sump. I have a lot of frags that are extras and just need to grow out so I can get rid of them :)

Just send them to me =P

• Like 1

Just send them to me =P

I told you I'd buy some of those frags, I'm OK with a late Xmas present. ;)

I'd like to share some but right now they have various green and brown things on them that shouldn't be there and I don't want to infect anyone's tanks. If I have to I'll just grow them out in this tank but I'd really like to have them grow well in a frag tank so I don't have to overcrowd this tank.

Hopefully by the time the weather warms up enough to ship corals again I'll have a nice bunch of frags going in the frag tank!

Christmas was good to me, I ended up with a bottle of MB7, some Ic-gel glue, some new organza bags for media, a gift certificate to the LFS, and a really nice gift certificate to AquaSD. Once I get some of the extra frags out of this tank, I plan to order some nice sticks from AquaSD, and maybe some more acros. :D

Also, I just realized I never posted a picture of the Christmas tree. The star is crooked :rolleyes:

31813311925_300bd2801f_b.jpg20161217_203030.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 9

I got IC gel, too! The packages were apparently from Jess and Griffin (my clowns), so the fish know how to online shop! :P

Your fish have great taste in glue :lol:

New pictures of coral progress coming up! The tank is doing well overall, with most of the "rescue corals" responding well. All of the SPS are continuing to grow and are slowly coloring up. Even my ice fire echinata which I was sure was doomed to die is still alive, even if it's not exactly thriving yet.

Top down, middle of the tank.

31079333484_11bea2e25a_b.jpgAcans recovering by TeenyReef, on Flickr

The acans that were almost dead in the 10g are recovering well. They are all puffy, even the ones that were receding from the center. Hopefully it won't be long before they all recover their tissue.

31079335394_407f4a796f_b.jpgAcans recovering by TeenyReef, on Flickr

My absolute favorite zoas right now. I got these from Reefgen but I don't know what they're called.

31771806332_53d16f682e_b.jpg20161227-untitled-009-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Bird of Paradise has encrusted and is starting to form little branch nubs :)

31771807172_20146d7a66_b.jpgBird of Paradise by TeenyReef, on Flickr

The Poinsettia Favia is encrusting, and has brighter colors on the top edge where there's more light.

31079330764_2cbdfd5344_b.jpgPoinsettia Favia by TeenyReef, on Flickr

The blue digi is growing nicely and is a little bit blue, too.

31110064983_5b12621e3a_b.jpgBlue Digitata by TeenyReef, on Flickr

The pink acro colony is getting a few hints of other colors. I'm interested to see what it turns out to look like once the SPS in this tank get all their colors.

31079329454_521d2b5f9f_b.jpgPink Acros by TeenyReef, on Flickr

The ice fire echinata is still nothing special, and it's really hard to photograph because it's so small. But the simple fact that it's still alive is a big win in my book :D

31079331904_ceb8c56b9c_b.jpgIce Fire Echinata by TeenyReef, on Flickr

The blue slimer is fully encrusted at the base and looks like it is getting ready to start growing fast. I'm still waiting to see it go from green to blue but it's getting there.

31771807902_ae5c9b5f74_b.jpgBlue Slimer by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 9

A few more updates...

Green slimer is encrusting and getting greener :)

31777744402_28185745bd_b.jpgGreen Slimer by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Blue Kenya Tree is getting bigger.

31888179426_98433c196e_b.jpg20161227-untitled-008-3.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Tubbs Stellata Montipora - you can see the green polyps from across the room :o

31888180476_9feda0b995_b.jpgTubbs Stalleta Montipora by TeenyReef, on Flickr

I'm really happy with the blueberry shortcake, at one point I thought it was going to die, and now it's got color again, and it's turning back to it's normal colors with green skin and blue polyps.

31888181306_5ce51c68ba_b.jpgBlueberry Shortcake Acro by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 6

That plate looks sweet!

Mine is a little bleached now I think........it used to look like that.

Dang, any idea why it bleached? It's such a pretty blue/purple color.

those zoas are nice!

Thanks! This tank really likes zoas for some reason. Compared to my other two tanks, they grow like crazy and have been coloring up really well.

One of the things I love about the zoas in this tank is that many of them are survivors from the 4g tank crash. In many cases there were only one or two polyps left, and since zoas never grew very well in the 4g, they never really multiplied or colored up. Now many of them have dozens of polyps, and they've turned colors that I never saw in the 4g tank.

31928825115_c30895515e_b.jpgZoas by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 9

Dang, any idea why it bleached? It's such a pretty blue/purple color.

Not sure all I know is it has lightened up since I got it. But at the same time other colors have come out that were not there. It now has a ring around the outside under the T5s.

• Like 1

Coral colours look amazing! I don't know how you capture the colours so accurately, with just LEDs.

Your favourite zoas look like "blue eyed blondes", I have some, but not nearly as nice as yours.

Looks like you got awesome reef gifts!

• Like 1