inTank Media Baskets

Teenyreef's IM40 Not-So-Teeny Tank - August FTS

teenyreef

You'd be surprised, especially in a tank with a bunch of other softies, the allelopathy seems to get stronger and stronger!

One of my sinularia that I've had next to a gorgonian for months all of a sudden started attacking it and the gorg has small patches of flesh missing.

Yeah, but you have all kinds of weird things happen in your tank...?
  • Like 2

I sold my old camera to Spectra, since it had just been sitting in my desk drawer ever since I got the new one. I'm looking forward to seeing lots of pictures of his tank now. :D

I then spent the money on new corals. Well, maybe I spent a little more than the money from the camera. Well, maybe more than double. But it's not my fault! First, Unique Corals was offering a free bonus frag pack plus some nice sale prices. So I've got some new sticks coming this weekend!

Second, when I went to the LFS to get some frozen food, and pods, and a brine shrimp net, they only had the frozen food. But, to make up for it, they had a some really nice sticks on sale at four for $80. So I brought them home too, along with a yellow clown goby for the frag tank and an emerald crab for the 10g tank.

So you can see that it clearly wasn't my fault I overspent on corals. It's a perfectly reasonable thing to happen ;)

• Like 7

Speaking of too many frags, I broke out my sixth (and last) frag rack. I now have two days to come up with a plan for the Cultivated Reef frags that are coming on Saturday :scarry:

I'm really happy with the frags I got at the LFS today. All four of these for $60, which is downright cheap for my area. Usually every LFS in the area wants at least $30-$50 for an acropora frag because they're "exotic" or something.

Unfortunately, the guy that owns all the frags wasn't at the shop today, and the part-time guy that was there was a pretty much unsure what any of the are. Hopefully I can get positive IDs on all of them soon.

Part-time guy thought this was a "myagi tort" but I'm pretty sure that it's not :huh:.

31854277651_d01b4b28aa_b.jpg20161229-untitled-002-3-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

31130803044_15e88b375f_b.jpg20161229-untitled-010-2-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

P-T guy says "Ummm, some kind of deep water acro?"

31854277021_c668f29973_b.jpg20161229-untitled-001-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

31161432243_6fa13e33e3_b.jpg20161229-untitled-011-2-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

P-T guy: "I'm almost positive this is a California Tort!"

31822887142_932e5fa305_b.jpg20161229-untitled-004-3-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

31854281591_aea445ec76_b.jpg20161229-untitled-007-3-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

P-T guy: "This one's some kind of red mille. I think." :lol:

31854279691_b42625d89f_b.jpg20161229-untitled-005-2-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

31854282111_6bb0b52eb1_b.jpg20161229-untitled-008-3-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Whatever they are, I Iike them :D

• Like 5

Depends if there is anything else you want. I'll PM you

Yeah, but you have all kinds of weird things happen in your tank...

I think I should get a commission for helping set up these frag swaps :D

• Like 2

So I think I have good ID's on all but one of the new corals. In the order I posted, I think they are:

1. Mr Pacman Acro

2. Montipora Setosa

3. California Tort (Mr. Part-time Guy got one right!)

4. Digitata Montipora of some sort. Maybe Superman, maybe Red.

• Like 2

So I think I have good ID's on all but one of the new corals. In the order I posted, I think they are:

1. Mr Pacman Acro

2. Montipora Setosa

3. California Tort (Mr. Part-time Guy got one right!)

4. Digitata Montipora of some sort. Maybe Superman, maybe Red.

2. Montipora Setosa will grow fast. It both encrusts and tabular. I had a small frag that went from 2" to over 8" now spreading in all directions. Be careful where you put it =P

• Like 2

2. Montipora Setosa will grow fast. It both encrusts and tabular. I had a small frag that went from 2" to over 8" now spreading in all directions. Be careful where you put it =P

Good point! I've found that in general, anything with "Monti" in it's name can be a fast grower :blink:

• Like 2
RIP Sebastian

It's totally not your fault! My order from Austin Aqua Farms came in today- a torch and an acan that I didn't order. I think they sent it to me because I'm having trouble with one of the ones I previously ordered. Then, I went to the LFS to drop off some insulated shipping boxes (my Humira arrives in them and the owner said he'd take them) and I came home with a little Maxima!

• Like 2

Just heard from the original frag seller, and he confirmed the IDs. #4 is definitely a red digi.

It's totally not your fault! My order from Austin Aqua Farms came in today- a torch and an acan that I didn't order. I think they sent it to me because I'm having trouble with one of the ones I previously ordered. Then, I went to the LFS to drop off some insulated shipping boxes (my Humira arrives in them and the owner said he'd take them) and I came home with a little Maxima!

It's really nice to hear about a seller taking care of their customer! I've never ordered from Austin Aqua Farms but I'll have to check them out. Congrats on the maxima!

RIP Sebastian

Just heard from the original frag seller, and he confirmed the IDs. #4 is definitely a red digi.

It's really nice to hear about a seller taking care of their customer! I've never ordered from Austin Aqua Farms but I'll have to check them out. Congrats on the maxima!

Thanks! Yeah, Austin is pretty great.

• Like 1

I call it a booger frag :lol:

what are they selling back there.........

You don't want to know what I got for 80 bucks today :lol:

3" strawberry shortcake frag, 3" red dragon frag, 30 zoa polyps..........8 peppermint shrimp and a really nice mushroom that is almost the same color as my jawbreaker but was sold to me as an ironman shroom...........

• Like 3

Yeah, that haul would run at least two or three hundred dollars at any LFS near me.

Booger frag :lol:

I think the rock is bigger :wacko:

or plug

but its encrusting so good things are happening......

• Like 1

I realized that the dendros are all flat in every picture I've posted, so I took a shot of them last night right after feeding them. I used frozen spirulina enriched brine shrimp, so even the babies got something to eat.

31111049834_26188469ce_b.jpgHungry Dendros by TeenyReef, on Flickr

While I had the camera out, I took a few pictures under the blue lights.

The candy canes / trumpets (is there a difference?) have mostly recovered. There's just one head that still has algae on it, I may spot treat it with some peroxide today.

31111050774_9a0e71337f_b.jpgTrumpets by TeenyReef, on Flickr

The blue kenya tree looks super blue and super cool under the blue lights :)

31141846153_97f7641fef_b.jpgBlue Kenya Tree by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Blue fts and top down:

31141847803_c9b63af3dd_b.jpg2016-12-28 IM40 FTS (Night) by TeenyReef, on Flickr

31141850873_79a0bee351_b.jpg2016-12-28 IM40 Top Down (Night) by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Sshhheeesshhhhh looking killer! Especially that last one
  • Like 2

Sshhheeesshhhhh looking killer! Especially that last one

Thanks!

I think the rock is bigger :wacko:

or plug

but its encrusting so good things are happening......

Yeah, all four frags are encrusted which is why I had to leave them on their plugs. Normally I pop them off the plugs before dipping in Bayer.

The new corals from Cultivated Reef arrived this morning! omgomgomg

They shipped overnight and were in great shape. After unbagging them I put them in a sunny spot on the floor to take pictures and the polyps started coming out immediately. I ordered the four corals in the top row: ORA Red Planet, CR Strawberry Fields, Oregon Tort, and CR Electric Myagi Tort. Holly added the three on the bottom at no charge: Orange Monticap, Tyree Bali Tricolor, and a neon green Acro.

31166982964_e8b5d51112_b.jpgORA Red Planet, CR Strawberry Fields, Oregon Tort, CR Electric Myagi Tort, Orange Monticap, Tyree Bali Tricolor, Neon Acro by TeenyReef, on Flickr

I'll get some better pictures once they're dipped and set up in the tank.

• Like 9

Oh, and you can also see parts of a hitchhiker micro brittle star hiding under the strswberry fields frag plug. I put him in the 10g tank since I need to beef up the cleaning crew there. Hopefully he'll multiply :)

• Like 3