SaltCritters.com

Teenyreef's IM40 Not-So-Teeny Tank - August FTS

teenyreef

Nah, I'm going with a slightly different strategy. Got this from a local reefer today!

32393623716_7c4769a148_b.jpg20170121-untitled-003.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Deep Blue 30g rimless reef ready with cabinet, plumbing, DJ-style power strip, cabinet light, and an Somatic modular sump.

He kept the skimmer that comes with the sump, and he didn't have any of the modules for the sump, so I still have to buy some stuff. But the best part is I paid $225 for everything. I feel like I pulled off a Harold-style deal! omgomgomg

• Like 11

Nah, I'm going with a slightly different strategy. Got this from a local reefer today!

Deep Blue 30g rimless reef ready with cabinet, plumbing, DJ-style power strip, cabinet light, and an Somatic modular sump.

He kept the skimmer that comes with the sump, and he didn't have any of the modules for the sump, so I still have to buy some stuff. But the best part is I paid $225 for everything. I feel like I pulled off a Harold-style deal! omgomgomg

SCOREEEEEE

Now figure out how to plumb them together so there's not much more maintenance!

• Like 2

SCOREEEEEE

Now figure out how to plumb them together so there's not much more maintenance!

That may be a bit of a challenge since the 40g is in the other room :lol:

• Like 1

wow, that's very nice! looks like new! and you finally got a sump!!!!!

Yeah, I'm very excited to finally have a sump - this frag tank is going to have the best equipment and set up of all my tanks, which is kind of ironic.

That is a stupid good deal !! Wow. This frag tank will be amazing :happydance:

Thanks! Yeah, when I saw it posted I messaged the seller immediately. Even so, I was #2 in line. Fortunately buyer #1 backed out and I got the tank.

Score!

I've always wanted a shallow tank ever since I found your thread. Who knows, maybe I'll run it as a display tank someday!

RIP Sebastian

Everyone's gettin' one of these damn things. How are you justifying all of these purchases to your family?

• Like 1

Everyone's gettin' one of these damn things. How are you justifying all of these purchases to your family?

Something tells me that Mr Teeny is not so teeny if Mrs Teeny keeps signing off on these TeenyTanks......if you know what I mean.

• Like 6
RIP Sebastian

Something tells me that Mr Teeny is not so teeny if Mrs Teeny keeps signing off on these TeenyTanks......if you know what I mean.

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jp

• Like 5

Lol, I told her it was a super teeny price!

• Like 3

lol sweet deal! But Im still wondering why it wont be set up as an actual tank...

Because then the cost won't be so teeny... :lol:

But I agree it's too good to be just a frag tank.

cuz he needs an excuse to get another tank but can't be an actual tank

Ha ha, actually it will be a real tank, it's just going to be set up to grow frags, at least at first.

Awesome tank and even better deal! Still wish I had my deep blue 30 sometmes!

I'm really impressed, both the tank and the stand are really nice :)

What light are you going to use ?

Well, I was considering Nanobox Duo, Kessil A360WE, or Radion XR15g4. But earlier today somebody listed the Kessil with controller and gooseneck for $315 so I'm going to try that and see how it works.

I actually like the idea of a single source light so I'll have shaded areas for low light corals like acans.

Because then the cost won't be so teeny... :lol:

But I agree it's too good to be just a frag tank.

Well, so far I've bought a pump, skimmer, sump modules, and light. It's definitely going to be a real tank :)
  • Like 5

Well, let's see how I'm coming on getting stuff together for the frag tank. Here's my list of stuff that's either ordered or already on hand:

Pump: Jebao DCS2000

Skimmer: Coral Box D300

Jebao/Apex controller adapter

Somatic sump goodies: return pump basket and filter, sock holder, dosing tube holder, and drain cover

Finnex 150w heater

Apex and BRS dosers from current frag tank

Autoaqua Smart Micro ATO from current frag tank

Bio brick from current frag tank

TLF Phosban 150 reactor from my attic :)

To buy or find:

3g ATO reservoir (from Walmart)

Yoga mat (to level the tank)

Misc plumbing parts once I see how I need to plumb the tank with the pump in place, and to hook up the reactor

New sponges for the TLF reactor

To make:

Eggcrate frag rack, painted black

Install new exhaust fan

To figure out:

What to do with bare bottom - leave bare or put some kind of finish underneath, or do starboard, or what?

Still to do:

Start build thread!!! :D

• Like 1

Well, let's see how I'm coming on getting stuff together for the frag tank. Here's my list of stuff that's either ordered or already on hand:

Pump: Jebao DCS2000

Skimmer: Coral Box D300

Jebao/Apex controller adapter

Somatic sump goodies: return pump basket and filter, sock holder, dosing tube holder, and drain cover

Finnex 150w heater

Apex and BRS dosers from current frag tank

Autoaqua Smart Micro ATO from current frag tank

Bio brick from current frag tank

TLF Phosban 150 reactor from my attic :)

To buy or find:

3g ATO reservoir (from Walmart)

Yoga mat (to level the tank)

Misc plumbing parts once I see how I need to plumb the tank with the pump in place, and to hook up the reactor

New sponges for the TLF reactor

To make:

Eggcrate frag rack, painted black

Install new exhaust fan

To figure out:

What to do with bare bottom - leave bare or put some kind of finish underneath, or do starboard, or what?

Still to do:

Start build thread!!! :D

Wicked deal. Do the yoga mats work pretty well for levelling?

• Like 1

Oh yeah, you just reminded me, I at one point need to have a gravity fed ATO going, homemade using the dripline I got from Stinkybunny. Want to keep things as consistent as possible for these babies.

• Like 1

Wicked deal. Do the yoga mats work pretty well for levelling?

I've never done it myself but that's what I hear from the smart people on the forums B)

Oh yeah, you just reminded me, I at one point need to have a gravity fed ATO going, homemade using the dripline I got from Stinkybunny. Want to keep things as consistent as possible for these babies.

Yep, that will be nice!

Sweet deal Teeny! The yoga mat will be just fine. I grabbed one that was a 1/4" off amazon. Hopefully that light works out for you. I had one on my Fusion 20 and liked it but yes way to many shadows for me.

• Like 1