Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

IM Nuvo Lagoon 25 Owners Thread

jjwukasch

On 5/27/2019 at 6:50 AM, ikiwi said:

For those of you with two return pumps installed, do you have them running at max or dialed down?   I am trialing a Tunze Silence 1073 with an IM Mighty jet desktop size (I did have a solo mightyjet midsize which was great, but I want more real estate in the return chamber for probes etc, so switched it out).... right now, both pumps are at full tilt, but i’m getting microbubbles and my filter floss clogs quickly causing water level issues in the return chamber etc.  

Dial them down?   Suggestions? 

Update:  I did dial both pumps down a bit ( still waiting for clarity after messing with them) .... I also removed some water to drop the level in the back chamber now that flow is down a little.   Now, I notice that sump area water level is SUPER sensitive to my filter floss pad and I have a “waterfall” noise from the 4th chamber flow (where I have the new IM skimmer).     Can’t believe how much tweaking this takes to dial in.   

Still in in need of suggestions... 

I use a Mighty Jet. Larger of the 2 models on full blast with IM spinstreams.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
GrumpyDaddy68

Hi all,

I'm looking for an alternative to the really expensive MP10 powerhead.

I read some reviews and they have the Jebao SW4, SW2 or RW-4 as options; however, they all were all reviews/models.

Does anybody have new recommendations with more current models?

Thanks in advance,

GrumpyDaddy68

Thanks Kelly,

Do you have a picture with the location in your tank? Does is not cramped the middle chamber with more cables and the magnet?

Kellie in CA

It’s one cord up and over the top. To me it’s way less noticeable than something attached to the side. Also, the magnet is flat so it’s not really taking up any space. The only thing is that it has to be mounted close to the waterline for it to work. Any lower and the magnet won’t stick through the double wall. 

I have the new jaebo's, they work well for the money. Flow doesn't compare to a vortech though. I need two of them per 1 vortech imo. 

Just depends the type of corals you have and how much flow you want and how much you have to spend $$. 

I like a lot of flow, more than most so take it for what its worth... I put a vortech on my 2.5g and thats the right amount of flow for me. 

GrumpyDaddy68

Kelly, 

I looked at the review of the 'Aqamai KPS' and it looks good. I might give it a try (also, I like the small profile).

Tamberav,

I'm planning soft corals and maybe LPS... I really like the vortech MP10 but the price is just a pill hard to swallow.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s my Lagoon 25. Been at it for about 8 months. Still battling some algae on the sand bed but finally getting to a spot where I’m proud enough to share. One shot under intense blues, another taken during the middle of the day. Both taken with my work-issue iPhone7 and the Polyp Lab Coral Lens V2.0

Tank is stocked with mostly euplyllia, zoas/palys, acans and also a fungia, scoly. Fish consist of a pair of Extreme Helmet Picasso’s from Sustainable Aquatics and a Tailspot Blenny.

7C63BA02-3239-4E69-A9C9-B2C52305A896.jpeg

C7292BC3-7E5D-4A05-992B-105B10571F59.jpeg

52F9B43A-D3BE-4792-915E-08A82FA4022C.jpeg

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone know of a UV Sterilizer that fits in the rear chamber? I'm having some Dino and GHA grow that I can't seem to beat.

I was looking at the "AA Aquarium Green Killing Machine Internal UV Sterilizer with Power Head" ($50) on Amazon, but I don't know if it fits. Anything cheaper that you guys have used on this tank?

Maybe something like this? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MV1WXZM/ref=sspa_dk_detail_3?th=1

17 minutes ago, scrappy34 said:

Anyone know of a UV Sterilizer that fits in the rear chamber? I'm having some Dino and GHA grow that I can't seem to beat.

I was looking at the "AA Aquarium Green Killing Machine Internal UV Sterilizer with Power Head" ($50) on Amazon, but I don't know if it fits. Anything cheaper that you guys have used on this tank?

Maybe something like this? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MV1WXZM/ref=sspa_dk_detail_3?th=1

I use the IM drop in one..since they are made to fit these tanks. It won't help with gha and only helps with certain types of dino that go into the water column at night. UV can only kill what flows through it.

5 hours ago, Tamberav said:

I use the IM drop in one..since they are made to fit these tanks. It won't help with gha and only helps with certain types of dino that go into the water column at night. UV can only kill what flows through it.

Do you keep it running 24/7? I just ordered one, hope it will help with some of my issues

• 3 weeks later...
GrumpyDaddy68

... just wanted to share one pic from my lagoon. Cycled was over and I got two 'DaVinci clownfish'.

Plans are to add more fish and coral (softies) but I will go slowly.

Thanks for all help!!

2_GrumpysLagoonFishMedium.jpg

• Like 2
On 8/14/2019 at 4:41 PM, GrumpyDaddy68 said:

... just wanted to share one pic from my lagoon. Cycled was over and I got two 'DaVinci clownfish'.

Plans are to add more fish and coral (softies) but I will go slowly.

Thanks for all help!!

The aquascape is very nice I think! 🙂

Sup everyone I was wondering if this is something I need to worry about? Nothing’s loose or leaking but just kinda worried this may be a problem down the road. 

9A3FC178-8715-4115-9FD2-9DA46D324FE6.jpeg

Returning reefer, grabbed a lagoon & stand. Dry until the RO arrives (with the sand & rock) next week and the cycle begins. Current question - is there an alternative to the cheesy mesh top it came with? Should I look for a place than can cut me some custom acrylic? Added bonus would be reduced evaporation.

• 5 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, koreandrama said:

Thinking of ordering a 20lb box Carib Sea Life Rock Shapes, is that amount too little? I never liked having too much rock

I ordered two boxes of this product.  It was WAY more than I needed.  One would have been plenty.  However I will say it was really nice being able to pick through 2 boxes to get the exact shapes I wanted. Some of the rock will arrive a little broken and chipped too, so it was nice to have options.  I sold the remainder of what I didn’t use back to my LFS.  Worked out fantastic.

2 minutes ago, Opotter said:

I ordered two boxes of this product.  It was WAY more than I needed.  One would have been plenty.  However I will say it was really nice being able to pick through 2 boxes to get the exact shapes I wanted. Some of the rock will arrive a little broken and chipped too, so it was nice to have options.  I sold the remainder of what I didn’t use back to my LFS.  Worked out fantastic.

Thank you!

What's up guys, just started my 25 lagoon 5 weeks ago. Running an AI Prime and just added a Nero 5...

Any recommendations for the Nero 5 % settings? Trying to figure out what's "too much" flow. Looking to add soft corals and LPS. Thanks in advance. 

20190924215818.jpg

• Like 1

Hi all,

I was just wondering if some of you could share a pic on how do you do 'cable management' (Is it all behind the stand? Or inside the stand?)

I have now:

- Return pump

- Heater

- Skimmer

- ATO

- Light

- two power heads

I still would like to add a 'refuge' at some point... and GFO.

I'm looking for ideas on how to organize all cables, power adapters and so on...

Thanks in advance,