Top Shelf Aquatics

IM Nuvo Lagoon 25 Owners Thread

jjwukasch

• 2 months later...

Is anyone running thier lagoon with only a return pump(s) and no powerhead in the display? 

My rw-4 has been out for a couple months, but honestly, everything seems to enjoy the lower flow. 

I am considering adding a second rfg (I run one spin stream) and just buying a better return pump. Just not sure what kind of flow rate I should look for. 

• 1 month later...

Is anyone still following along on this thread. Just ordered an Im 25 and have the mars aqua 165..wondering what settings everyone is using and how high above the tank are your lights.. 

• 2 weeks later...
NaturallyKait

Hey all, I’m wondering after sand/rock/etc what your actual water volume actually is (approximately of course) in these tanks? I’m pretty sure I’m ordering one this week or next and trying to plan ahead for the upgrade! 

On 12/14/2019 at 4:55 PM, kimberbee said:

Is anyone running thier lagoon with only a return pump(s) and no powerhead in the display? 

My tank's still pretty new, but I'm only running the stock pump. Tried a spin stream but it was pretty loud, does that go away after a break in period?

Considering upgrading to the next highest strength version of the stock pump, just for a little more oomph. Love the accessible "feeding mode" button on it.

8 minutes ago, NoriMuncher said:

My tank's still pretty new, but I'm only running the stock pump. Tried a spin stream but it was pretty loud, does that go away after a break in period?

Considering upgrading to the next highest strength version of the stock pump, just for a little more oomph. Love the accessible "feeding mode" button on it.

My spin stream never made noise. Some people say they will get quieter with break in. After a few years (maybe 4?) I think mine is wearing out. I've cleaned it a few times, but it doesn't seem to be spinning very well. 

I like to feed particle foods like reef roids often so I keep going back n forth between new rw-4s or an upgraded return. It's nice to have just powerhead flow to get the small foods broadcast fed vs letting it all get sucked into the return. 

NaturallyKait

Prime HD users, I’m going with a prime for my new tank I’m ordering this weekend. Which mount option do you use? Visually I prefer the metal bracket but I know a lot of people seem to use the flex arms. I dislike the flex arm on my Kessil I have on my current tank and I worry I would dislike the AI one too. 

MainelyReefer
On 1/27/2020 at 8:29 AM, NaturallyKait said:

Hey all, I’m wondering after sand/rock/etc what your actual water volume actually is (approximately of course) in these tanks? I’m pretty sure I’m ordering one this week or next and trying to plan ahead for the upgrade! 

It took just under 20g to fill mine and I don’t even have all the sand I intend to get.  

• Like 1
GrumpyDaddy68
On 1/31/2020 at 4:10 PM, GraniteReefer said:

It took just under 20g to fill mine and I don’t even have all the sand I intend to get.  

On mine I believe I have around 17 after rock, sand... 

If I could I probably would have gone with the EXT version; however, I like mine a lot (small profile, shallow, etc)

On 1/31/2020 at 3:12 PM, NaturallyKait said:

Prime HD users, I’m going with a prime for my new tank I’m ordering this weekend. Which mount option do you use? Visually I prefer the metal bracket but I know a lot of people seem to use the flex arms. I dislike the flex arm on my Kessil I have on my current tank and I worry I would dislike the AI one too. 

Metal Bracket +1

• Thanks 1
NaturallyKait
3 hours ago, GrumpyDaddy68 said:

On mine I believe I have around 17 after rock, sand... 

If I could I probably would have gone with the EXT version; however, I like mine a lot (small profile, shallow, etc)

Metal Bracket +1

Yeah I’d do EXT if I could, but I’m in a rental and the landlord wasn’t on board with anything that had a separate sump. 

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone say with confidence which skimmer is the best for this tank?

I read through all the posts in this thread and it seems like the Tunze 9001 isn't good

Then some changed over to the K1 Nano skimmer.

Also if I'm running a heavily stocked Nem only tank + 4 clowns max + 1 baby YT (Tang Police Look away), do I actually need a skimmer? 

An external chaeto reactor should work + carbon should work?

I'm moving all the nems from my 225 gallon into this AIO.  I've never ran a AIO nor a small tank before. I'm very worried about the chemistry to be honest.

Smaller volume tanks are must LESS forgiving than larger volume tanks. 

Thanks

On 9/26/2017 at 11:59 PM, Thrassian Atoll said:

Here's my setup.  Little over 2 months old.IMG_1415.thumb.JPG.4c286a3c3c75512e5fccf88bf12d4832.JPG

IMG_1390.thumb.JPG.4e89efb6d9da4205933f4f34e143e716.JPG

IMG_1293.thumb.JPG.4d0a637369679fbfee7998105513f501.JPG

IMG_1282.thumb.JPG.ad2b109cb3158f7a191e1a4f8005a216.JPG

Hey pal.

I know you've upgraded to a larger tank, but I was wondering if you could answer a few questions on what you had going in the back chambers of the AIO.

1. Where did you get the clear brackets to add your own filter floss on both sides of the tank?

2. What skimmer are you using?

3. What are the clear plastic chambers next to your skimmer?

4. How many return pumps did you use?

Thanks!

• Like 2
Thrassian Atoll
4 hours ago, iammrhappy said:

Hey pal.

I know you've upgraded to a larger tank, but I was wondering if you could answer a few questions on what you had going in the back chambers of the AIO.

1. Where did you get the clear brackets to add your own filter floss on both sides of the tank?

2. What skimmer are you using?

3. What are the clear plastic chambers next to your skimmer?

4. How many return pumps did you use?

Thanks!

1. Intank filter floss holder on ones side and Intank media basket holder on the other.  
https://intankaquatics.com/shop-by-tank/innovative-marine/fusion-lagoon-25/

2. Comline DOC Skimmer 9001 DC (9001.001) - Tunze.  I had to move the magnet to the wide side

3.  What’s the question?  The hoses?  The racks?

4. 2 return pumps.  Remove the y and ran 2 eheim 600s.

Heres my thread with more info.

17 hours ago, Thrassian Atoll said:

1. Intank filter floss holder on ones side and Intank media basket holder on the other.  

2. Comline DOC Skimmer 9001 DC (9001.001) - Tunze.  I had to move the magnet to the wide side

Thanks for answering my questions!

Sorry for #3, I was referring to the clear tubes next to your skimmer.

Thanks!

Thrassian Atoll
6 hours ago, iammrhappy said:

Thanks for answering my questions!

Sorry for #3, I was referring to the clear tubes next to your skimmer.

Thanks!

Ones the ATO return line and one is the air tube for the skimmer.

• 1 month later...
YouKnowBlev
On 2/19/2020 at 6:02 AM, Thrassian Atoll said:

Am I missing your skimmer? Where is it located?

Thrassian Atoll
1 hour ago, YouKnowBlev said:

Am I missing your skimmer? Where is it located?

The skimmer was located in the middle return chamber.  2E3617EA-4AD5-4488-AFBA-9A2CEC6F045E.thumb.jpeg.f6b79cfda6c1a640906fcce1cafa3bc2.jpeg

CollegeReefer

Hey, I was hoping someone could share with me what kind of stands they are using for this tank. I'm interested in the tank and will probably buy it, but I don't want to pay $300 for the Innovative Marine stand that was made for this tank. 

Any recommendations on cheaper stands? Or how to build a stand using limited resources?

21 hours ago, CollegeReefer said:

Hey, I was hoping someone could share with me what kind of stands they are using for this tank. I'm interested in the tank and will probably buy it, but I don't want to pay $300 for the Innovative Marine stand that was made for this tank. 

Any recommendations on cheaper stands? Or how to build a stand using limited resources?

i had a local cabinet maker make me a stand. i got exactly what i wanted for a third of the price as the APS stand.

• 3 weeks later...
bozoreefer

I used a sektion ikea base cabinet 

I reinforced the hell out of it

bought like 20 metal L brackets from Home Depot and placed them all over the interior of the cabinet 

Then I got 1x8 plywood and put them vertical on each side of the cabinet.

pretty damn stiff. 

I basically built my own stand... and used the ikea stuff as a skin

1 hour ago, iammrhappy said:

I used a sektion ikea base cabinet 

I reinforced the hell out of it

bought like 20 metal L brackets from Home Depot and placed them all over the interior of the cabinet 

Then I got 1x8 plywood and put them vertical on each side of the cabinet.

pretty damn stiff. 

I basically built my own stand... and used the ikea stuff as a skin

I did the same thing, works pretty well! 😊

Currently cycling my new 25 lagoon and wanted to say hello and thank you! This thread has been incredibly helpful during the setup process. You all have amazing tanks and I'm seriously in awe of your collective body of knowledge.

• 1 month later...
tranceFusion

Just got one of these tanks! I haven't had a tank in over a decade so I'm not familiar with LED lighting. I ordered a single AI Prime HD. I noticed a lot of nice looking IM25's have a little beefier lighting though. Should I go ahead and order a 2nd Prime, or swap for another option? Or will a single Prime be good to get started with?

I'll probably be sticking to soft corals for a while but eventually would like to add a clam and hard corals and I don't know if it will piss the whole tank off to switch up the lighting down the road.

Also, it looks like there are a ton of settings for the AI lights. Where can I get a good starting point?

On 6/24/2020 at 10:21 AM, tranceFusion said:

Just got one of these tanks! I haven't had a tank in over a decade so I'm not familiar with LED lighting. I ordered a single AI Prime HD. I noticed a lot of nice looking IM25's have a little beefier lighting though. Should I go ahead and order a 2nd Prime, or swap for another option? Or will a single Prime be good to get started with?

I'll probably be sticking to soft corals for a while but eventually would like to add a clam and hard corals and I don't know if it will piss the whole tank off to switch up the lighting down the road.

Also, it looks like there are a ton of settings for the AI lights. Where can I get a good starting point?

1 single prime worked well for me. 

I added an HD and I've had to keep them both on lower settings.

If you plan on sps dominate, I would get 2.