Top Shelf Aquatics

pgrVII

Yea it's rated for 25 gallons,system is really 20 gallons of water

Ok cool. Yeah the water changes every other week shouldn't be an issue then and doing a pretty good amount for that size tank even with every other week :)

• Like 1

Ok cool. Yeah the water changes every other week shouldn't be an issue then and doing a pretty good amount for that size tank even with every other week :)

I like the feed the shit outta my coral so I figure a 25 % helps keep it down in the extra waste, I also like to drop selcon in a few times a week the sps really open up for it

Currently i am doing 10% water change on my reefer, total 90 gallons display + sump. Been debating whether I can get away with doing 10% every 2 weeks instead.

Only one way to find out :)

I'm sure it'll be fine ninjamyst you do nice work

• Like 2

I like the feed the shit outta my coral so I figure a 25 % helps keep it down in the extra waste, I also like to drop selcon in a few times a week the sps really open up for it

Feeding is fun, especially when you get a nice response! You get noticeable PE extension then I take it :)

FYI, my corals all really liked acropower as well, lps especially. I'd add a little before feeding reef roids to get them all in the mood to chow ;)

• Like 2

Feeding is fun, especially when you get a nice response! You get noticeable PE extension then I take it :)

FYI, my corals all really liked acropower as well, lps especially. I'd add a little before feeding reef roids to get them all in the mood to chow ;)

I've seen that stuff recommended by a good bit of people I will have to try some. Right now I'm using coral frenzy
  • Like 1

I've seen that stuff recommended by a good bit of people I will have to try some. Right now I'm using coral frenzy

I've never tried the coral frenzy, but I've heard of people that like it quite a bit as well. Probably fairly similar, obviously tho I'm a fan of if its working for ya why mess it up. You seem to be having good results man I don't know that I'd change anything right now if you didn't need to lol

• Like 1

I've never tried the coral frenzy, but I've heard of people that like it quite a bit as well. Probably fairly similar, obviously tho I'm a fan of if its working for ya why mess it up. You seem to be having good results man I don't know that I'd change anything right now if you didn't need to lol

Agreed lol. I tried to keep this tank pretty simple.

• Like 1

Thanks man,yes,I agree to simple approach

Sometimes complicated is fun tho ;) LOL

Well I'm gonna get off here, got a bunch of stuff to do tomorrow. Oldest boy is turning 5 this week so got family coming over tomorrow. Have a good night man!

• Like 2

Sometimes complicated is fun tho ;) LOL

Well I'm gonna get off here, got a bunch of stuff to do tomorrow. Oldest boy is turning 5 this week so got family coming over tomorrow. Have a good night man!

Thanks! Have fun with the bday party :)
  • Like 1

I feed acropower too, but I never tried dosing it before the reef roids. I'll have to try that! :)

• Like 2

I feed acropower too, but I never tried dosing it before the reef roids. I'll have to try that! :)

IME the acropower gets a pretty good response going especially on my LPS and get them "in the mood" to chow. Not that it really takes long to get most of them ready when I feed anything but the acropower seems to get me the fastest response. Hopefully it will do the same and work good for you too :)

Daily FTS

20160207_101409_zps0vhkllgb_edit_1454858

:Looking good as usual. I love seeing the fish out front and center like that.... I imagine they are like FEED MEEEEEE :D

• Like 2

IME the acropower gets a pretty good response going especially on my LPS and get them "in the mood" to chow. Not that it really takes long to get most of them ready when I feed anything but the acropower seems to get me the fastest response. Hopefully it will do the same and work good for you too :)

:Looking good as usual. I love seeing the fish out front and center like that.... I imagine they are like FEED MEEEEEE :D

Thanks man,yea,they are pigs lol
  • Like 1

And thanks dawn. I've been trying really hard to keep on keeping the tank clean looking.

Really enjoying watching this tank fill in and mature, looking great!

Thank you,it's slowly shaping up. :)
  • Like 1

your daily FTS is a great idea. your water is sooo clear too.

Thanks ninja, admittedly, I changed 5 gallons yesterday so that helps the clarity. But also,this glass is really really nice so it makes for easy pic taking.
  • Like 6