Coral Vue Hydros

pgrVII

jedimasterben

On another note,I rehomed the sebae with someone locally,it didn't wanna settle,so to avoid it meeting my power head I went that route. I'll probably order a bta from cultivated a while down the road.

Sebae nems typically want to be at the sand/rock line but want tons of light, being a Heteractis nem, so typically they never find a 'happy' place in most tanks. They also come in with bacterial infections sometimes and that I think can also lead to them wandering more.

I'm still upset that I lost mine years ago when I moved into the 80g tank, it was a beauty. It went from badly bleached tiny thing to an 8" tan/purple beauty :(

• Like 1

Great picture! Are you a middle child like me? :)

Thanks Gena. :) no I am the oldest of us

Sebae nems typically want to be at the sand/rock line but want tons of light, being a Heteractis nem, so typically they never find a 'happy' place in most tanks. They also come in with bacterial infections sometimes and that I think can also lead to them wandering more.

I'm still upset that I lost mine years ago when I moved into the 80g tank, it was a beauty. It went from badly bleached tiny thing to an 8" tan/purple beauty :(

Yea that's what I was thinking too. I know I can keep btas happy. Just gonna let the tank season up a bit :)

How are you sir?

That's a nice looking bird!And the FTS looks great as normal!

Thanks spectra :)

How are you my friend ?

• Like 4

Thanks spectra :)

How are you my friend ?

Doing well one more day off then it all starts again on Tuesday :lol: Getting ready to swap tanks in a few weeks so working on a temporary set up. Tried the sand and just to fine it clogged up the OB filter I was using......

How are things on the east coast?

• Like 1

On another note,I rehomed the sebae with someone locally,it didn't wanna settle,so to avoid it meeting my power head I went that route. I'll probably order a bta from cultivated a while down the road.

No Lawntip? :(

• Like 1

No Lawntip? :(

No they didn't handle the transfer,so I rid the tank of them before my powerhead did. If lawn gets one to split then I'll be plus a lawntip :)

Doing well one more day off then it all starts again on Tuesday :lol: Getting ready to swap tanks in a few weeks so working on a temporary set up. Tried the sand and just to fine it clogged up the OB filter I was using......

How are things on the east coast?

Very cold ! Lol. Glad you got some time off man,much needed I'm sure.

Tank swaps are always awesome! What's the details?

No they didn't handle the transfer,so I rid the tank of them before my powerhead did. If lawn gets one to split then I'll be plus a lawntip :)

Very cold ! Lol. Glad you got some time off man,much needed I'm sure.

Tank swaps are always awesome! What's the details?

Just temporary 20 long in the garage until I can get carpet out and back in. I have a Versa 42 going up as soon as Carpet goes in. There is a build thread somewhere buried in the forum.

• Like 1

Just temporary 20 long in the garage until I can get carpet out and back in. I have a Versa 42 going up as soon as Carpet goes in. There is a build thread somewhere buried in the forum.

Very nice! I'll track it down and check it out. The versa is a nice tank :)

So I know my coral selection is limited at the moment, but,over the past week I've noticed really excellent PE from these guys.

20160214_180018_zpsbc81telp_edit_1455491

20160214_180002_zps0g6jxc9q_edit_1455491

• Like 4

So is yellow coraline algae a thing?

20160215_175259_zpsw1akxn1l_edit_1455576

It looks more green in the pic,in person this stuff is big bird yellow.

Also,never was quite sure what this jazz is,but it's growing rather quickly and is really puffy all the time.

20160215_175528_zps23zalw35_edit_1455577

• Like 6

I have seen yellow but usually in shade. Looks kinda like a acan.

It's on the bottom of the tank,kinda under an ovee hang but not shaded really.

Good deal. I thought that or favia of some variety or another

• Like 1

It's on the bottom of the tank,kinda under an ovee hang but not shaded really.

Good deal. I thought that or favia of some variety or another

Might be a favia after all but maybe more of a expert will chime in
  • Like 2

Might be a favia after all but maybe more of a expert will chime in

I think it looks like a favia. I have a couple that look just like it. Nice score :)

Thanks guys! Yea it was a cheap pick up,was kinda rough lookin too

• Like 2

So is yellow coraline algae a thing?

20160215_175259_zpsw1akxn1l_edit_1455576

It looks more green in the pic,in person this stuff is big bird yellow.

Also,never was quite sure what this jazz is,but it's growing rather quickly and is really puffy all the time.

20160215_175528_zps23zalw35_edit_1455577

micromussa maybe?

• Like 1