SaltCritters.com

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

it's april and snowing like crazy here...wtf

It's April and already 10C 14C outside here. Wanna swap? This warm weather is eery, although it has been nice to wear shorts almost all the winter. (Note: I'm a delivery driver, so "shorts weather" while I'm working goes down to about -5C or so)

• Like 2

It's April and already 10C 14C outside here. Wanna swap? This warm weather is eery, although it has been nice to wear shorts almost all the winter. (Note: I'm a delivery driver, so "shorts weather" while I'm working goes down to about -5C or so)

i will take it!

snow stopped, sun is out. freakish weather today.

• Like 2

now that my RFA craving is gone, I am on to zoas. Where do everyone get their zoas from? I know Glenn at CGA has a 99 polyps for $99 deal on Ebay right now but I already have the zoas he listed....

• Like 2

now that my RFA craving is gone, I am on to zoas. Where do everyone get their zoas from? I know Glenn at CGA has a 99 polyps for $99 deal on Ebay right now but I already have the zoas he listed....

I've always liked what I got from cultivated reef :) decent prices and good frags. Tell holly I sent ya :)
  • Like 1

I've always liked what I got from cultivated reef :) decent prices and good frags. Tell holly I sent ya :)

I missed their sale for free $50 frag when you spend $150 =(. If not, I will be all over it right now. I will wait for their next sale.

• Like 1

I missed their sale for free $50 frag when you spend $150 =(. If not, I will be all over it right now. I will wait for their next sale.

You won't be disappointed, my gow palys are huge!

The trick with them is getting the tier discount of $15 and waiting till they do the spend 150 get 3 free deal ;) I love their frag packs,and the bta they sent me is a show stopper.

• Like 1

You won't be disappointed, my gow palys are huge!

The trick with them is getting the tier discount of $15 and waiting till they do the spend 150 get 3 free deal ;) I love their frag packs,and the bta they sent me is a show stopper.

yea, i want to get in on their next sale. they have some zoas i want.

• Like 2

finally removed most of the GSP from the Fluval Spec V. Have sheets of GSP. Perfect if someone wants it to make a GSP backwall for their tank. $15 shipped 2 day USPS priority mail. Some of the smaller pieces will not be included since they are lost already....

DSC_9537.jpg

• Like 3

Your box is full :lol:

Anyhow wondering what you think of the 700? Looking at one for another build........

I like it for the price. It is a bit sensitive. Sometimes it overflow, sometimes it doesn't. Still trying to get it perfect.

• Like 1

I like it for the price. It is a bit sensitive. Sometimes it overflow, sometimes it doesn't. Still trying to get it perfect.

Overflows :blink: The AP700 the light :lol: if it is overflowing there are issues.......

• Like 4

Overflows :blink: The AP700 the light :lol: if it is overflowing there are issues.......

omg, my skimmer is D700. LOL. I am liking the spectrum more now that I have the app to control it. Still think the app sucks but the actual light is good. I am impressed it can output this much light with just two pucks. But I am not liking the shadows. I only have a tiny acro frag but I can tell shadow is bad. It is nice to have just one fixture with one power supply. The tank mounts are pretty slick too.

• Like 1

I had a 360 and yes the shadows stink but this will not be a SPS tank as I think the Kessil is not really a SPS light. I did love the look and the shimmer of the Kessil but the 360s are just to bulky looking to me. I love the sleek look of the AP700.......also love the way it looks over your tank!

• Like 2

I had a 360 and yes the shadows stink but this will not be a SPS tank as I think the Kessil is not really a SPS light. I did love the look and the shimmer of the Kessil but the 360s are just to bulky looking to me. I love the sleek look of the AP700.......also love the way it looks over your tank!

The AP700 will be great for LPS. If you hang it, it will look even sleeker. Just remember you need an Android TABLET or IPad for the app. There's no online version or mobile phone version.

• Like 2

The AP700 will be great for LPS. If you hang it, it will look even sleeker. Just remember you need an Android TABLET or IPad for the app. There's no online version or mobile phone version.

I can just steal the wifes Ipad :lol:

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Hey ninja are you running an apex? If so I made a few acrylic float switch mounts that fits perfectly in the ATO and the switch goes off when it's low. It looks pretty nice too... 1 piece. Want one?

• Like 1

Hey ninja are you running an apex? If so I made a few acrylic float switch mounts that fits perfectly in the ATO and the switch goes off when it's low. It looks pretty nice too... 1 piece. Want one?

Yup, running Apex but the ATO is working pretty well so far. I dont have space to put a bigger reservoir in the other chamber. I just fill up a couple of 1 gallon jugs every few days.

HarryPotter

Yup, running Apex but the ATO is working pretty well so far. I dont have space to put a bigger reservoir in the other chamber. I just fill up a couple of 1 gallon jugs every few days.

Do you have a breakout box on the apex?

I mean what I have sounds an alarm (by "closing" a switch with apex) when the water level gets too low in the Reefer ATO reservoir :)

Do you have a breakout box on the apex?

I mean what I have sounds an alarm (by "closing" a switch with apex) when the water level gets too low in the Reefer ATO reservoir :)

oooo i thought u meant u have another reservoir that the apex will turn on when the ATO is low =P. I dont have a breakout box =(.

HarryPotter

oooo i thought u meant u have another reservoir that the apex will turn on when the ATO is low =P. I dont have a breakout box =(.

The breakout box is one of the cheaper modules OR you can DIY one for under $20.