Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

HarryPotter

Changed out carbon yesterday so tank was especially clear today. Picture time.

New FTS:

25852425132_dab8d6232b_c.jpg

Midas posing on her monticap. Yes, it's HER monticap.

25672675310_a084fb1219_c.jpg

Not a reflection!

25344506883_973b496a7c_c.jpg

Acan is hangry

25340535034_b20c8df1ce_c.jpg

View from the staircase

25672673160_cb07330c0c_c.jpg

I am 99% positive one of the firefish died. Haven't seen it for a week. Also got a small yellow coris two weeks ago. Doing great. Another vibrant open swimmer.

Bring it forward! Looks awesome

• Like 5

On a completely unrelated topic, I was walking home today and I notice my neighbors' lawns are green. Mine is yellow / dead. WHY???? Winter just passed. How is their lawn already so much better looking than mine....

Looking great! I love the collection of open water swimming fish you have in there!

Bring it forward! Looks awesome

Staircase picture is amazing! Tank looks great.

Thanks!

• Like 2

On a completely unrelated topic, I was walking home today and I notice my neighbors' lawns are green. Mine is yellow / dead. WHY???? Winter just passed. How is their lawn already so much better looking than mine....

Thanks!

Could be a number of things. Seeded lawns green up sooner than sodded lawns. Properly fertilized lawns green up sooner. My lawn has already been cut 2 times this year while my next door neighbors lawn is still yellow.
  • Like 6

Could be a number of things. Seeded lawns green up sooner than sodded lawns. Properly fertilized lawns green up sooner. My lawn has already been cut 2 times this year while my next door neighbors lawn is still yellow.

*He is lawn so that might be why too

• Like 6

no wonder. mine was new sodded lawn done last September. I never fertilized it since...I guess I need to go to Home Depot this weekend. Any recommendation for fertilizer?

• Like 3

no wonder. mine was new sodded lawn done last September. I never fertilized it since...I guess I need to go to Home Depot this weekend. Any recommendation for fertilizer?

I always recommend using a service if you aren't familiar with chemical applications it's usually cheaper in the long run. But if you want to do it yourself you need to start with pre emergent fertilizer. http://www.garden-counselor-lawn-care.com/preemergent.html

That sod will take until end of April to green up. It still has a very weak root system but it will slowly get stronger each year.

Ha! so the grass IS greener on the other side. :D

Usually :D if you live next door to me or Ninja :lol:
  • Like 5

Must be a sign. Received a bunch if flyers for landscaping and lawn care today.

Save yourself the headache and have a nice green weed free lawn for about 35-40 dollars a application 4 times a year. The chemicals alone would cost you 75-100.
  • Like 1
HarryPotter

Save yourself the headache and have a nice green weed free lawn for about 35-40 dollars a application 4 times a year. The chemicals alone would cost you 75-100.

Do certain locations (I'm thinking of Florida, ex our lawn) not need fertilizer? We haven't had lawn care in years (My dad and I handle it) and the only things that get fertilized are the palm trees

• Like 1

Do certain locations (I'm thinking of Florida, ex our lawn) not need fertilizer? We haven't had lawn care in years (My dad and I handle it) and the only things that get fertilized are the palm trees

No all lawns need food like you and I. Some states may have more nutrients in the soil than others though. Usually lawns that don't get fertilizer tend to get weak and taken over by weeds around here. I'm not familiar with all the types of grass in the south though.
  • Like 2

Not sure how I didn't have this followed. Love your tank :wub: How is the gyre working out for you?

It's ooook. It pushes a lot of water but not much in terms of controllability. I guess if you pay for the Apex module, it will be better.

• Like 2

her name is Stella. jk. my wife named her cockroach. not jk.

Nice name :lol: How do you know it is a girl? Is there a way to figure it out?