inTank Media Baskets

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

I used to use Seachem Matrix but I am always anxious about how long they last. They say 3-6 months under normal use which is like crazy long. BRS recommends changing their carbon every 2 weeks or so.

Yeah, I change it out every couple weeks actually. I figured there's no way carbon lasts that long.

• Like 3

Yeah, I change it out every couple weeks actually. I figured there's no way carbon lasts that long.

Yeah I usually change carbon about once a month when I'm running it.

• Like 2
jedimasterben

You don't need quite as much carbon as BRS recommends, not with ROX anyway. I would personally use less of it and change it more often, as after a couple of weeks it gets bacterial films on it and it will be increasingly less useful, even though technically it would not be exhausted yet.

• Like 3

I need to probably put it on my calendar as honestly, sometimes the weeks go by so fast and I know I've had this same carbon in the 20g and the 10g since 2 mos ago when I moved in.

• Like 1

Looks lovely! I know I've said it before, but I love how many colorful, active fish you have. Nice to see all the movement they provide in the video :)

• Like 1

I think the color was right on and it didn't look dark or anything.

Looks lovely! I know I've said it before, but I love how many colorful, active fish you have. Nice to see all the movement they provide in the video :)

I agree with Felicia, your tank is like a piece of the reef with all those fish swimming. It looks great!

Thanks! I love when the anthias play in the current. For their last feeding I leave the Gyre on so the food flies everywhere and they love it. Except I have to clean the Gyre all the time...

• Like 3

Video is amazing man!! Wow! My new light causes flickering in videos.. gonna have to figure out to fix, maybe I can play with settings like you did!

• Like 1

Love it ninja!

Just picked up an IM Lagoon 25 to set up in August! Now just to figure out some aquascapeing... Any ideas?

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!

Love it ninja!

Just picked up an IM Lagoon 25 to set up in August! Now just to figure out some aquascapeing... Any ideas?

I would love to have an IM Lagoon 25. I love the Reefer but my true love will always be for a shallow tank. There are so many good ways to scape the IM 25. I posted this before but here's some inspiration for you. It's bigger than the IM 25 but the dimension is proportional. I especially like the way he took advantage of the depth of his tank with the left rock that goes from front to back.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!

I would love to have an IM Lagoon 25. I love the Reefer but my true love will always be for a shallow tank. There are so many good ways to scape the IM 25. I posted this before but here's some inspiration for you. It's bigger than the IM 25 but the dimension is proportional. I especially like the way he took advantage of the depth of his tank with the left rock that goes from front to back.

Thanks man! I have a lot of time to think about it so that is the nice part. I've seen a lot of inspiration so picking which style I like most will be tough. Thanks for the video the scape is pretty sweet. I like the more minimalist with sps on the larger rock maybe some softies and zoas on the left rock?

• Like 1

What are you using to connect to the wifi? Or hard lined?

a wifi extender. I know the extender works.

61OSDKpFejL._SL1500_.jpg

Thanks man! I have a lot of time to think about it so that is the nice part. I've seen a lot of inspiration so picking which style I like most will be tough. Thanks for the video the scape is pretty sweet. I like the more minimalist with sps on the larger rock maybe some softies and zoas on the left rock?

Yup. I also like how the large rock creates ledges all around. makes the corals look like they are floating

• Like 1

my orange plate hates this tank. it is loosing tissue and dying. happened the first time i added it to the tank and happening again after the nano leaked. damn it. had this guy for 2 years now.

Ohhh no :'( Too big for the Spec V? (Or wont otherwise work there?)

• Like 1

my orange plate hates this tank. it is loosing tissue and dying. happened the first time i added it to the tank and happening again after the nano leaked. damn it. had this guy for 2 years now.

That's a bummer :(. I saw a pretty orange plate at my LFS and wanted to buy it. But I didn't. So this happened before? So there's a chance it can recover? fingerscrossed
  • Like 1

That's a bummer :(. I saw a pretty orange plate at my LFS and wanted to buy it. But I didn't. So this happened before? So there's a chance it can recover? fingerscrossed

It recovered when I put it back into the nano tank. But that tank leaked so I have nowhere to put it...

Ohhh no :'( Too big for the Spec V? (Or wont otherwise work there?)

won't work there till i clear out the bottom of GSP....