Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting there! (dirty glass inside and out)

ISSdbt3.jpg

Trumpets from Gena :wub:

GPu934G.jpg

Beautiful stella, it is really beautiful. I have been dying to see a shot of your tank and it has not disappointed!

Agreed on the grinch but not the Avatar... She's all sad and depressing.

Try this one!

how-to-draw-cindy-lou-who_1_000000021473

Edit: it's hella big lol

Sorry pinner, I don't see sad and depressing...I see adorable and expressive. Just saying...

wut wut, i prune it. it over grows. nutrient export at it's best.

I'm just imagining that you coined a new phrase for "getting a Brazilian"

Sorry pinner, I don't see sad and depressing...I see adorable and expressive. Just saying...

That was the scene where she was asking "But Santa, Why are taking our Christmas tree? Why!?!" Also I have a peeve about seeing children in distress. New one is still adorable and expressive, happily adorable and expressive. :)

That was the scene where she was asking "But Santa, Why are taking our Christmas tree? Why!?!" Also I have a peeve about seeing children in distress. New one is still adorable and expressive, happily adorable and expressive. :)

So she changed it and I didn't even notice. Oops, my bad. Shows you how observant I am. I agree, the one you chose is happily adorable and expressive!

All fish and beings are in the new tank! holy freaking crap. that is a PAIN IN THE ASS! Everything out of the cube, it's been vinegared, still needs some scrubbing. Holy moly.

video of Vit and Mona's new home.

Some stuff still needs some rearranging as I needed to move some of the gorgs to make room for the clowns' toadstool rock.

Catching the fish was NOT fun. Nope. Not at all. Actually, Mona my crazy female clown, saw my hand coming near the tank with a net and literally jumped IN the net as soon as it hit the water. I couldn't freaking believe it. Easiest fish catching of the day. Vit, the male clown took a little bit. The skunks took an age. then came the gobies. HOLY crap. Those little fish swim fast. They took me over an hour to catch. But everyone is in their new home.

So you have ONE consolidated tank now? Praise the lord.

well, I still have the 12 long with some frags in it that I'm shipping out this week and some more that need to make their way into the big tank. but 6 is broken down, the cube is soaking. Down two tanks. THANK GOD!

Catching the fish was NOT fun. Nope. Not at all. Actually, Mona my crazy female clown, saw my hand coming near the tank with a net and literally jumped IN the net as soon as it hit the water. I couldn't freaking believe it. Easiest fish catching of the day. Vit, the male clown took a little bit. The skunks took an age. then came the gobies. HOLY crap. Those little fish swim fast. They took me over an hour to catch. But everyone is in their new home.

well, I still have the 12 long with some frags in it that I'm shipping out this week and some more that need to make their way into the big tank. but 6 is broken down, the cube is soaking. Down two tanks. THANK GOD!

:lol: You suck at catching fish. Shoulda called/texted for tips. Without the rocks it should only take about ten secs to catch any of those. Especially in a tank that small. You got :owned:

Seriously tho, Glad you're getting over that whole MTS.

:lol: You suck at catching fish. Shoulda called/texted for tips. Without the rocks it should only take about ten secs to catch any of those. Especially in a tank that small. You got :owned:

Seriously tho, Glad you're getting over that whole MTS.

Oh I suck BIG TIME :lol: I totally should've asked for tips! I just realized I forgot to look for my hermit :( I mighta killed him.

For future reference the trick is to "inflate" the net at the fish's favorite swimming level facing, and about 6" away, from the corner. Make sure the nets one edge is up against the front of the tank and hold the net perfectly still. Then using your hand, or favorite beating stick, chase the fish around the perimeter of the tank. They usually bolt around the perimeter mouse style and will stop at the opening of the net all WTF? Don't move the net! Keep running you hand around the perimeter till you catch up to the fish. As soon as the fish feels pressure along it's lateral line from you hand it'll bolt headlong into the stationary net. Yank the net straight vertical and it'll deflate folding over the fish.

For future reference the trick is to "inflate" the net at the fish's favorite swimming level facing, and about 6" away, from the corner. Make sure the nets one edge is up against the front of the tank and hold the net perfectly still. Then using your hand, or favorite beating stick, chase the fish around the perimeter of the tank. They usually bolt around the perimeter mouse style and will stop at the opening of the net all WTF? Don't move the net! Keep running you hand around the perimeter till you catch up to the fish. As soon as the fish feels pressure along it's lateral line from you hand it'll bolt headlong into the stationary net. Yank the net straight vertical and it'll deflate folding over the fish.

Great tip, Pinner!!!!

I used a big cylinder vase when I needed to catch my fish. I also had all my rocks out and a lot of the water drained. Then I used food to get my fish and shrimp to go into the opening of the vase. Used the net to just shoo them into the vase (it it clear glass), and then lifted the vase out of the water. Super easy.

I just wave the net everywhere and scare the shit out of the fish till it jumps and pick them off the floor...

:lol: The visual of this is freaking hilarious.

I've always thought it was hilarious how fat my female hybrid goby is. Her belly is HUGE. This pair spawns a lot in my tank - so I'm thinking that is the reason her belly is so fat, but it is actually comical. I have always had trouble getting photos of these guys as they lived in the back of the rocks in my biocube. Now they're right on the side. Check out that gut!

zIpGRkU.jpg

zKV9ACS.jpg

CsFlaAX.jpg

Big Momma:

K1En4rx.jpg

awww

Too much work waving nets and shit. I bought a fish trapper.

Archived