Top Shelf Aquatics

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll love it. If you're using carbon in there, make sure you pack it and don't let it tumble. If you're using GFO, it likes to tumble. Don't put both in at the same time :)

Ok, you probably know all this, but figured I'd share anyway!

I did figure that, but I'm not sure what the rules are for aluminium-based media like Phosguard. I'll just mix a little Phosguard in with the carbon the way Seachem packages 'Seagel', I suppose.

Thanks!

I got the BRS reactor and it's HUGE. I hate it. But I already paid for it. Sigh.

They sell on the classifieds for around $50 shipped often. You could sell the BRS for $40 with the pump and buy a used one?

I have a midsize IM reactor that is running just floss. Works well, like Lawns crapper trapper :)

I got the BRS reactor and it's HUGE. I hate it. But I already paid for it. Sigh.

Can you sell it and buy one of the minimaxes? They're on Amazon for $69 right now!

I did figure that, but I'm not sure what the rules are for aluminium-based media like Phosguard. I'll just mix a little Phosguard in with the carbon the way Seachem packages 'Seagel', I suppose.

Thanks!

Yeah not sure about the phosguard! I haven't gotten that far yet :) When you figure it out, let me know!!!

I may buy one just cuz i am a hoarder...

I was thinking the same thing :lol:

Well, that and I want two - one for GFO and one for carbon. I am not going to run the stuff unless I have to, but it would make it easier to have two and it is so small, it doesn't take up hardly any room in the sump.

And $69 is an awesome deal!

well, I must be in the mood for posting photos. Here's a photo of a leptastrea I bought at LC's August live sale. I think it is my favorite thing I got during that one. It's so fluffy :)

UM7Q1FN.jpg

I was thinking the same thing :lol:

Well, that and I want two - one for GFO and one for carbon. I am not going to run the stuff unless I have to, but it would make it easier to have two and it is so small, it doesn't take up hardly any room in the sump.

And $69 is an awesome deal!

I am just worried it's toooo small but not enough for my 75 gallon.

Well, good point. I don't run carbon or GFO regularly - only when I need to. You may need to change it out more with a smaller amount, but not sure!

If you run BRS high capacity GFO you will be fine. I ran 4 teaspoons in it on my 45 and changed it every 2 weeks. That kept my phosphates really low. That hugh capacity GFO is some strong stuff.

If you run BRS high capacity GFO you will be fine. I ran 4 teaspoons in it on my 45 and changed it every 2 weeks. That kept my phosphates really low. That hugh capacity GFO is some strong stuff.

I plan to use it for biopellets

what?! i been reading biopellet is better than running GFO / carbon for heavy bioload.

I am not doubting you. I was just saying I haven't heard much about them lately. I use to read something about them everyday it seems like a year ago. So I was just wondering if people still use them. I remember reading people having algae blooms from them. You heard anything like that?

Stella! It went perfectly! I used a razor to "score" where I wanted it to break and then tapped on it to break it there.

The clam is about 3.5 inches! It's an amazing piece, by far the biggest I've ever taken off.

C7D0CFCA-F04C-471F-8A16-B60627B36204_zps

Stella! It went perfectly! I used a razor to "score" where I wanted it to break and then tapped on it to break it there.

The clam is about 3.5 inches! It's an amazing piece, by far the biggest I've ever taken off.

C7D0CFCA-F04C-471F-8A16-B60627B36204_zps

:wub: that's a beautiful piece, Harry!!!!!

Archived