inTank Media Baskets

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

Sand burrowing wrasses too. My acceptable fish list is pretty small these days.

I have a sand burrowing wrasse (yellow coris) but he does not really throw up any sand when he burrows at night. They just slide under the sand gently.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad you found your coral :). Hope all is settled in there now for you!

Careful with Bert dropping sand on your blastos. The sand will kill them over time and it doesn't take long. Pretty much is the same for any LPS in my experience.

oh boy. I better be vigilant about blowing them off :wacko: either that or maybe I need to move them. He loves the cynarina though and doesn't seem to drop sand in that direction.

I LOVE Bert. That could keep me entertained for hours watching him. My brother's never put that much effort into doing anything, he just liked to dart in and out of one of the rocks instead!

It seems that he's calming down with the digging. Maybe now that he's got a big enough burrow, he'll stop spitting it all over my corals :)

I have a sand burrowing wrasse (yellow coris) but he does not really throw up any sand when he burrows at night. They just slide under the sand gently.

Mine liked to sleep under coral on the sand. Like my open brain coral. Covered in sand all the time. Luckily it survived that. But sand would get blown onto my blastos and it killed them. She was a messy leopard wrasse.

Darling avatar stella. I love the original grinch with Boris Carlach, (no sure how to spell his name).

Me too! One of my christmas favorites :)

check out this macro, dawn! Sargassum.

AqThYJs.jpg

sefLXxB.jpg

AqThYJs.jpgsefLXxB.jpg

I love it. I have seen it in Gulf Coast ecosystems inventory. I don't think I knew it had little berry like things on it. Just like holly at Christmas, ha ha! Is it a pretty brownish gold? Its hard to tell the color since your blue lights are on.

I love it. I have seen it in Gulf Coast ecosystems inventory. I don't think I knew it had little berry like things on it. Just like holly at Christmas, ha ha! Is it a pretty brownish gold? Its hard to tell the color since your blue lights are on.

It is brownish gold! I'll include some with the spiny purple stuff :)

Darling avatar stella. I love the original grinch with Boris Carlach, (no sure how to spell his name).

Agreed on the grinch but not the Avatar... She's all sad and depressing.

Try this one!

how-to-draw-cindy-lou-who_1_000000021473

Edit: it's hella big lol

Agreed on the grinch but not the Avatar... She's all sad and depressing.

Try this one!

how-to-draw-cindy-lou-who_1_000000021473

Edit: it's hella big lol

I'm very emo though, Pinner.

(do kids these days even use the term emo??? :lol: )

I'm very emo though, Pinner.

(do kids these days even use the term emo??? :lol: )

:lol: Last I checked that is still a thing but, thankfully, the trend looks to be fading fast.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wooo! Looks awesome! Nice job mounting all those frags. Can't wait to watch this one fill in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wooo! Looks awesome! Nice job mounting all those frags. Can't wait to watch this one fill in.

Nems nems nems :wub:

Your tank is going to look so nice as it grows out!

Thanks boys! I hate the look of frags so I'm looking forward to seeing stuff fill up the tonga branches for sure!

Full house!!!. What project do you have in mind while you're waiting for it to grow out?

something that doesn't involve buying more corals :lol:

jedimasterben

Sargassum is pretty cool looking, especially the dark red strain, but it doesn't really do well in tanks. Does best floating in the ocean. :)

Have your Coris speak to my Melarnus then! My Melarnus lives in my BB frag tank, so he has his bowl of sand as his bed. Every time I clean the tank I have to vacuum up the sand that has gotten everywhere throughout the tank and put it back in his bed.

AqThYJs.jpg

Are the ball things it going sexual?

Also, GWYB!

Sargassum is pretty cool looking, especially the dark red strain, but it doesn't really do well in tanks. Does best floating in the ocean. :)

the one from Live plants says it is the only strain that does well in aquariums - so there, JMB :lol:

Sargassum is my all time favorite macro.

Want some?

jedimasterben

the one from Live plants says it is the only strain that does well in aquariums - so there, JMB :lol:

Want some?

I collect the same strain they do ;)

Archived