Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

Once he finishes building you might want to watch who is goin in there. Don't want any baby fishies swimming around in the tank :lol:

She hears this every night coming from his cave :lol:

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: Pinner, i freaking love you. NO! Monday. it is getting a vinegar bath today, then drying out and getting packed up tomorrow :happydance::happydance::happydance:

(I'm a slacker)

HAHAHAHA I AM SO EXCITED AND NERVOUS!! I need to get my stand done I'm in the slacker boat with you Stella.

Sweet- chili coral what are you feeding?

Phyto, oyster feast and some other filter feeder stuff. I wait for the polyps to come out then target feed with that mix. I'm hoping I don't kill it :(

Well, I've been working on the tank all freaking day. One thing I had to do was take all the rocks I had arranged out because somehow I knocked my Katropora off the tonga and I still can't find it! I don't get how it could just disappear altogether. Still looking! Tank is a cloudy drippy mess at the moment :(

Found it!!!! It was wedged under a Tonga branch. Everything is back in and I am done for the day. Oy

REMEMBER WHEN I WAS THE ONES WITH HANDS IN THE TANK :)

Phyto, oyster feast and some other filter feeder stuff. I wait for the polyps to come out then target feed with that mix. I'm hoping I don't kill it :(Well, I've been working on the tank all freaking day. One thing I had to do was take all the rocks I had arranged out because somehow I knocked my Katropora off the tonga and I still can't find it! I don't get how it could just disappear altogether. Still looking! Tank is a cloudy drippy mess at the moment :(

Found it!!!! It was wedged under a Tonga branch. Everything is back in and I am done for the day. Oy

Awesome! Good find!

REMEMBER WHEN I WAS THE ONES WITH HANDS IN THE TANK :)

I sure do!!! I can tell you, I am you on steroids right now :) I'm sick of having my hands in the tank. Can't wait until I'm done and can sit back and watch stuff grow. My hands are so dried out to the point that they're just cracking. YUCK.

Awesome! Good find!

Kat would've killed me :)

Dang! Here's the scenario I had worked out :

1. Stella is my secret Santa.

2. She "loses" her Katropora.

3. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth ensues.

4. She sends ME THE KATROPORA.

5. I am so surprised and happy :)

Oh well :(

Dang! Here's the scenario I had worked out :

1. Stella is my secret Santa.

2. She "loses" her Katropora.

3. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth ensues.

4. She sends ME THE KATROPORA.

5. I am so surprised and happy :)

Oh well :(

:lol: That's a good idea though!!!

Stella! I posted a picture of my Katropora in the Katropora thread- what do you think? It's getting sort of weird lol. Light green base with purple polyps but higher is purple flesh!

Stella! I posted a picture of my Katropora in the Katropora thread- what do you think? It's getting sort of weird lol. Light green base with purple polyps but higher is purple flesh!

I don't have much experience with Acros at all but what I've read is that they will change colors based on environment. So the same coral in my tank could look totally different in yours depending on a lot of factors such as lighting, feeding, parameters, etc. etc.

and that's the extent of what I know!

Are you panicking Harry? :) Sounds like you're panicking.

Are you panicking Harry? :) Sounds like you're panicking.

PANICKKKKKKKKK

No I'm good. Was a bit confused that it wouldn't turn light blue like the Katropora colony you have but then Stella explained that it's different.

PANICKKKKKKKKK

No I'm good. Was a bit confused that it wouldn't turn light blue like the Katropora colony you have but then Stella explained that it's different.

The Kat grow out colony has a darker green flesh (Darth Kat) but the growth tips which are fragged look like the main colony in color. The grow out colony is under different light (better IMO because I have a hybrid and people don't)

Posting top down pictures in the Kat thread that I just took. Don't panic Harry. :)

Yes. Light green base is where the growth/encrustation is happening - that flesh will be lighter green, and it is also an area getting the best light as it is flat - again the proper color.

Higher purple flesh are your coralites - they are crowded togethe rin your frag - this will change as you see upward growth and more "flesh" comes into view vs coralites only.

Does that make sense?

Glad you found your coral :). Hope all is settled in there now for you!

Careful with Bert dropping sand on your blastos. The sand will kill them over time and it doesn't take long. Pretty much is the same for any LPS in my experience.

Careful with Bert dropping sand on your blastos. The sand will kill them over time and it doesn't take long. Pretty much is the same for any LPS in my experience.

That is my hesitation with gobies. I think the sand would irritate my clams and LPS.

That is my hesitation with gobies. I think the sand would irritate my clams and LPS.

Sand burrowing wrasses too. My acceptable fish list is pretty small these days.

Archived