Innovative Marine Aquariums

Hypes Final Nano Bommie

Rehype

RAWRRRR!

Fantastic shot, definitely remarkable detail and clarity.

It's remarking like I am...WHOA!!!!!

Thanks so much guys its definitely one of my faves :happy:

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a stunning yellow fuzzy! Nice find! I hope she's settling in well for you. What is she eating? Is she on frozen yet or still live?

Beautiful photography too!

so jealous of this fish, i come here everyday to look at it.

Dude! That Lion! Amazing

Thanks alot guys!!!!

That is a stunning yellow fuzzy! Nice find! I hope she's settling in well for you. What is she eating? Is she on frozen yet or still live?

Beautiful photography too!

Thanks so much felicia. Shes doing very well so far. Shes eating frozen krill and mysis with reckless and abandon :lol: Im working on getting her to take fish and clams so she has a more varied diet.

Thanks! :happy:

Does she know you're the food God, does she come to the front when she sees you? What does she do all day, if there was ever a reason to put a net on the tank, here she is.

Yep she comes to the front whenever I'm close to the tank :) Shes not very active during the day pretty much hangs out in the shadows but once the lights go out she's all over the place hunting.

Way ahead of you ;):) Had this made first. All the fish I plan on adding are notorious jumpers

22230891534_734069d869.jpg

Glad to hear she's already on frozen for you! You said she's like 3" right? She's quite a bit bigger than my dwarf zebra or my antennata, so she should be able to take bigger foods. My zebra and antennata both eat almost exclusively PE mysis, but I do give them little chunks of scallops as well. I actually went to the fresh fish marker here and picked up scallops, squid, prawns, and salmon and then chopped those and some silversides into bite sized chunk and froze them in individual serving sized cubes. The fu manchu and eel really love that mix and get some great variety. Its actually cheaper for me to do it this way too than to buy a variety of frozen fish foods.

Glad to hear she's already on frozen for you! You said she's like 3" right? She's quite a bit bigger than my dwarf zebra or my antennata, so she should be able to take bigger foods. My zebra and antennata both eat almost exclusively PE mysis, but I do give them little chunks of scallops as well. I actually went to the fresh fish marker here and picked up scallops, squid, prawns, and salmon and then chopped those and some silversides into bite sized chunk and froze them in individual serving sized cubes. The fu manchu and eel really love that mix and get some great variety. Its actually cheaper for me to do it this way too than to buy a variety of frozen fish foods.

Thanks so much felicia.. DC had already trained her for me :) Although fuzzies have always been the easiest to train IME. Her mouth isnt as big as males ive owned but she takes the largest krill ive offered so far. Ive wanted to buy fresh foods myself as well for variety. Ill definitely pick some up next week.

Im happy to see all of your preds doing so well!! Youve done an exceptional job.

Thanks so much felicia.. DC had already trained her for me :) Although fuzzies have always been the easiest to train IME. Her mouth isnt as big as males ive owned but she takes the largest krill ive offered so far. Ive wanted to buy fresh foods myself as well for variety. Ill definitely pick some up next week.

Im happy to see all of your preds doing so well!! Youve done an exceptional job.

So lucky getting such a beautiful fish and already trained onto frozen too! I lucked out on that front with my fu manchu, but the other two I had to wean onto frozen myself.

Thank you! Mine are all doing great! Definitely isn't anything special I've done. Once I got all of them onto frozen, they're super easy :)

So lucky getting such a beautiful fish and already trained onto frozen too! I lucked out on that front with my fu manchu, but the other two I had to wean onto frozen myself.

Thank you! Mine are all doing great! Definitely isn't anything special I've done. Once I got all of them onto frozen, they're super easy :)

Yea i definitely was fortunate! My fu took the longest to train but it wasnt too difficult just takes a bit of patience.

Agreed weaning take a bit of work but at this point I have pretty much perfected that method so much so i think I could wean just about any predator.

Yep, definitely not hard, just requires patience. Draco (my zebra) took FOREVER to get onto frozen, so I was getting really sick of buying live ghost shrimp. So glad he finally converted. Now that I've done it for 2 lions, I think I'll be confident about doing it for any others going forward. I'm hoping in a couple years, I can upgrade to a big tank (~100 gallons or so) for the predators since they'll be getting bigger. Then I could also add a couple more lionfish. A fuzzy is definitely the top of my list. I originally planned to get one for my current tank, but then I found my dwarf zebra and fell in love with him, so I decided to go with the zebra over a fuzzy. I know those two species tend to fight in smaller tanks, so I didn't want to risk putting them together. Someday with a big tank though, I can have both :)

I was so sad when you said you were taking down your Zero Edge (a picture of it may or may not be my desktop background....) but I'm so glad you've got this new tank going!

I had to break down my 29 gallon bow front back in February due to having to move cities for a new job and so now that I'm settled I'm in the process of planning and I just find so much inspiration from your tanks though I'm still having trouble picking the tank I want. I fell in love with the IM lagoon 25 gallon and it has the perfect dimensions to what I want though there is a part of me that wants a sumped system just so I don't have to cram everything into an AIO like my old system. If only I could find a tank with Lagoon 25 dimensions that's plumbed reef ready. If you have any ideas let me know though I know cause I'm up in an igloo in Canada ( :P ) it might complicate ideas!

Because of your tanks I'm tempted by the idea of a fuzzy but I also love clownfish to death and hate the idea of having to choose.

Yep, definitely not hard, just requires patience. Draco (my zebra) took FOREVER to get onto frozen, so I was getting really sick of buying live ghost shrimp. So glad he finally converted. Now that I've done it for 2 lions, I think I'll be confident about doing it for any others going forward. I'm hoping in a couple years, I can upgrade to a big tank (~100 gallons or so) for the predators since they'll be getting bigger. Then I could also add a couple more lionfish. A fuzzy is definitely the top of my list. I originally planned to get one for my current tank, but then I found my dwarf zebra and fell in love with him, so I decided to go with the zebra over a fuzzy. I know those two species tend to fight in smaller tanks, so I didn't want to risk putting them together. Someday with a big tank though, I can have both :)

That would be so awesome to have a menagarie of lionfish. I cant wait to see that build :happy: Ive actually never heard of anyone successful of keeping both zebra and fuzzies in the same tank but I think if anyone could be successful it would be you. I tried it briefly once but the fuzzies were so aggressive towards the zebra I had to abandon the dream.

I was so sad when you said you were taking down your Zero Edge (a picture of it may or may not be my desktop background....) but I'm so glad you've got this new tank going!

I had to break down my 29 gallon bow front back in February due to having to move cities for a new job and so now that I'm settled I'm in the process of planning and I just find so much inspiration from your tanks though I'm still having trouble picking the tank I want. I fell in love with the IM lagoon 25 gallon and it has the perfect dimensions to what I want though there is a part of me that wants a sumped system just so I don't have to cram everything into an AIO like my old system. If only I could find a tank with Lagoon 25 dimensions that's plumbed reef ready. If you have any ideas let me know though I know cause I'm up in an igloo in Canada ( :P ) it might complicate ideas!

Because of your tanks I'm tempted by the idea of a fuzzy but I also love clownfish to death and hate the idea of having to choose.

Thanks so much mipster I appreciate you following the builds! You know I had the same conundrum...deciding between a IM AIO and a sumped system. Im such a huge fan of refugiums and that ultimately swayed my decision as I wouldnt have been able to have my DSB and caulerpa clump for filtration. You could go with something like the cadlights versa and I know they deliver to cananda :)

You could totally keep a fuzzy with a clownfish especially if the clownfish is over 2". I actually had one with my clownfish for a short time on my previous tank until the clownfish carpet surfed.

Yeah I definitely want a menagerie of lionfish. Wasn't sure if a bit tank/enough territory would make a dwarf fuzzy be ok with a zebra. If not, then there are plenty of other great lionfish species I can add to my collection. Someday when I have a big tank, I'd love to have some of the large lionfish like Volitans.

To chime in on the fuzzy with clownfish, that should work fine as long as the clownfish are decent sized, just like Rehype said. I've got a clown pair that has been with my zebra, antennata, and fu manchu for over 6 months without an issue. My zebra and antennata are too small to eat them. My fu manchu is big and could probably eat one if he wanted, but my clowns are always down in their smush of 7 anemones, so that really protects them.

Yeah I definitely want a menagerie of lionfish. Wasn't sure if a bit tank/enough territory would make a dwarf fuzzy be ok with a zebra. If not, then there are plenty of other great lionfish species I can add to my collection. Someday when I have a big tank, I'd love to have some of the large lionfish like Volitans.

To chime in on the fuzzy with clownfish, that should work fine as long as the clownfish are decent sized, just like Rehype said. I've got a clown pair that has been with my zebra, antennata, and fu manchu for over 6 months without an issue. My zebra and antennata are too small to eat them. My fu manchu is big and could probably eat one if he wanted, but my clowns are always down in their smush of 7 anemones, so that really protects them.

Yeah im not certain if a big of enough tank would minimize aggression as Im not aware of anyone whos tried it but the good thing is you could always catch and relocate if it became an issue. But your absolutely right you could literally have 6-7 species in one tank which would be wicked.

Yea I had a couple of smaller fish with my fu and fuzzy and never had an issue. Generally if they were over 2 inches they lions didnt show any interest.

Your lion is really photogenic (because it can't always be the camera, or the person behind it) ;)

Thanks man.. Your dead on she is super photogenic :happy:

Archived