Pod Your Reef

Hypes Final Nano Bommie

Rehype

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only reason I have acans as my first coral is the store messed up and put them in the 20 dollar drag section. Usualy they sell their colonies for 80 to 100 dollars

Only reason I have acans as my first coral is the store messed up and put them in the 20 dollar drag section. Usualy they sell their colonies for 80 to 100 dollars

I've had to just be really patient and sometimes settle for really small one headed or two headed frags. The only good thing is I have pretty good success with acans and they multiply rather quickly in my tank.

Mexican Turbo snails are mans best friend. Emerald crabs help too, not sure how your little Lioness views crabs though, they could be a meal.

Hey kat I took your advice and picked up some mexican turbos they are machines :o:o I think in a week or two they will have it all cleaned up.

tanacharison

Ok so heres the last rainbow I added to my acan garden. Now time to start focusing on the SPS.

24087835596_28b27033de_b.jpg

Why stop when they are this amazing. Ultra acan gardens seem like a lot of fun.

Why stop when they are this amazing. Ultra acan gardens seem like a lot of fun.

One word...$$$$$ :lol: If I had unlimited funds for this hobby id probably become a collector.

That might be the best one yet. I've never seen once that combines the inside and outside colors like that :wub:

Thanks teeny glad you like it :) Its a really healthy frag as it was puffy like that from day one.

Nice shots hype... can we see a wider shot of the acan garden?

Thanks alot man coming up soon I just have to finish mounting these last few frags.

Rehype - Great build! Would love to see a more current FTS.

What kind of lion fish is that? What does it eat?

Thank you sir its much appreciated. I plan to have one at the end of the month. Just cleaning up a hair algae outbreak

She is a yellow dwarf fuzzy. She eats silversides,krill and mysis... Pretty much anything I put in the tank

Just beautiful man... stunning.

Thanks alot Chris...its still coming along.

Thank you sir its much appreciated. I plan to have one at the end of the month. Just cleaning up a hair algae outbreak

She is a yellow dwarf fuzzy. She eats silversides,krill and mysis... Pretty much anything I put in the tank

How about your clean up crew? Smaller fish, etc? I would love to add one but I've heard they come with a cost. What's been your experience as "Reef Safe"?

How about your clean up crew? Smaller fish, etc? I would love to add one but I've heard they come with a cost. What's been your experience as "Reef Safe"?

They dont bother hermits or snails but small fish or shrimp will become snacks in a heartbeat.

You should.. they're an awesome coral :)

Ordering a couple frags from a sale i think... What kind of lighting and flow and feeding do they require?

Ordering a couple frags from a sale i think... What kind of lighting and flow and feeding do they require?

Low to medium lighting, medium to high flow and if you want them to grow fast target feed them mysis or krill.

so bottom half of tank, target feed semi often, got it! Thanks!

They are also super fun to feed. Greedy little piggies waving their little tentacles...

i want my sump pics bro!!!! :D

I didnt forget about you bro its finally looking and functioning the way I intended. Equipment is:

• Curve 5 Skimmer
  • Sice return pump
  • (2) Jager Heaters
  • Drews Doser
  • Small LED for Mangroves
  • CFL PAR 38 Daylight Bulb for Caulerpa
  • Tunze ATO

Its a four chamber sump which function as follows:

(1) Filter sock and a bunch of grape caulerpa

(2) Deep sand bed and mangroves,

(3) Skimmer,heaters,doser output, and ATO sensor,Probes

(4) Return Pump