Pod Your Reef

Hypes Final Nano Bommie

Rehype

You wont be disappointed.I think its a fantastic light....severely underrated.

Yea i was pretty impressed when i saw it. Not sure i want to give up my t5 though. Hows the heat on that fixture? Does it get really hot?

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea i was pretty impressed when i saw it. Not sure i want to give up my t5 though. Hows the heat on that fixture? Does it get really hot?

Yea thats a tough decision as T5's are fantastic. For me though it came down to overall aesthetics and halides are still my favorite. I love the look of a shallow and deeper water reef.

The fixture itself gets hot but in terms of heat transfer it increases the temp of my tank anywhere from 2-3 degrees.

tort under 10k

23931570444_669aa813bf_c.jpg

Following along. I'm just a few weeks post cycle on my new tank. I'm going SPS only.

Thanks alot. Following along your build as well cant wait to see how it progresses.

Sticks omgomgomg

They just kept calling and calling me kitty.....and I finally answered :( Honestly my tank is still a bit immature for SPS but I just figure ill just try to keep things as stable as possible till I hit the year mark.

red planet under 10k

24479236901_87af32f1ce_c.jpg

The Acros look beautiful man. :happy:

Thanks alot Shaun much appreciated :)

What about a FTS?

Coming soon...just have to finish getting rid of a hair algae outbreak

masterbuilder

Damn it Hype..... My Mini is just starting to really settle in and NOW I just might have to screw the whole thing up and get a ReefBright MH/LED hybrid!

Looking good!

Mark

Damn it Hype..... My Mini is just starting to really settle in and NOW I just might have to screw the whole thing up and get a ReefBright MH/LED hybrid!

Looking good!

Mark

Thanks alot Mark!...Your tank looks great though man I wouldnt mess with a thing B)

Man, those acros are so healthy! Great pics.

Thanks alot mark I think they could be doing a bit better but im working on it.

Looking great Eugene. Can't wait for an FTS of this one :).

Thanks alot jase....Yea me too its taking alot longer than i hoped to get things cleaned up.

Enjoyed your Sps fotos! Have you checked par under the halide? They all look really happy

Thanks alot man the ones at the top are getting around 300.

Loving those last few photos. Always good to get caught up on your thread.

Thanks alot Brad I really appreciate you checking in.

Great thanks, I'll be borrowing my lfs par meter soon- I need to start looking at Sps placement also for the new tank ?

Great thanks, I'll be borrowing my lfs par meter soon- I need to start looking at Sps placement also for the new tank

Np. Im personally amazed at how much par sps actually need to thrive. In the past I always thought they needed really high PAR levels (500 and above) and while this may be true of some species the majority can thrive on much much less. After I started measuring the PAR levels of my tank and other long time reefers the numbers were always surprising. The majority of SPS did extremely well with PAR levels of 200-300.

Np. Im personally amazed at how much par sps actually need to thrive. In the past I always thought they needed really high PAR levels (500 and above) and while this may be true of some species the majority can thrive on much much less. After I started measuring the PAR levels of my tank and other long time reefers the numbers were always surprising. The majority of SPS did extremely well with PAR levels of 200-300.

Do you mean PAR right where the coral is? Or just at the surface? I recently got a PAR meter and I'm still figuring out exactly what it means when I measure it :)

jedimasterben

When my 80 was just getting settled before dinos killed all my SPS, I was getting fantastic growth with some in the 120 range. :)

Do you mean PAR right where the coral is? Or just at the surface? I recently got a PAR meter and I'm still figuring out exactly what it means when I measure it :)

Yes PAR right at the corals. This way you can measure exactly how much each coral is getting based on depth/placement.

When my 80 was just getting settled before dinos killed all my SPS, I was getting fantastic growth with some in the 120 range. :)

Totally agree my buddy has a few colonies that are on the sandbed and they are definitely getting in the 80-100 range yet they're already huge. So going forward I have been extremely modest with how much light my corals get. In fact my 250watt halide is only running at 50% so far everything has been growing just fine and the colors are pretty good.

It funny you mentioned dinos Ben as Im in the midst of an experiment with treating dinos. I plan to outline the details shortly so I want some of your feedback :)

Archived