Pod Your Reef

Hypes Final Nano Bommie

Rehype

Don't be shy...FTS!

I know we just won't see it til the end, and you love teasing!

Sorry guys I was planning a full update but it turns out im moving alot sooner than I originally planned (like in 12 days sooner lol) and ive started breaking down the tank in preparation. If all goes well with the move Ill do an update with the tank as it will give me a chance to redo my scape (which ive been itching to do)

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we'll just have to be surprised later. Just be careful. Just don't do what I did... have everything doing well in the bin, transfer it into the tank, and accidentally bump your light into the water because it was sitting temporarily on lighting crate, and electrocute it. :wacko::tears:

Good luck with the move!

Thanks alot nano I appreciate it!

Well we'll just have to be surprised later. Just be careful. Just don't do what I did... have everything doing well in the bin, transfer it into the tank, and accidentally bump your light into the water because it was sitting temporarily on lighting crate, and electrocute it. :wacko::tears:

:( I hate moving tanks as so many bad things could happen but the only good thing is im not moving far so in theory I can transfer everything over to the new place before theres even a significant drop in water temp or oxygen within the transport bins. But ill keep you guys posted on my progress.

1st off. Man, those macros are incredible. You're quite a wiz with that lens.

Yep this is the plating variety. There is a branching type as well... looks really cool as it matures.

2nd. I have a love/hate relationship with my M. spongodes. On one hand, it is absolutely a centerpiece of my tank. On the other hand, it's easily the fastest growing coral I've ever had and it gobbles up space at an alarming rate. It's one of two corals in my tank I have to frag constantly to keep in check or it'd be in the square foot range. Looks awesome when its competing with other corals though.

1st off. Man, those macros are incredible. You're quite a wiz with that lens.

2nd. I have a love/hate relationship with my M. spongodes. On one hand, it is absolutely a centerpiece of my tank. On the other hand, it's easily the fastest growing coral I've ever had and it gobbles up space at an alarming rate. It's one of two corals in my tank I have to frag constantly to keep in check or it'd be in the square foot range. Looks awesome when its competing with other corals though.

Thanks alot man I appreciate it...ive just had alot of practice.

I totally agree with you its such an awesome looking coral im hoping I can find the branching variety to pair it with.

Thanks alot man I appreciate it...ive just had alot of practice.

I totally agree with you its such an awesome looking coral im hoping I can find the branching variety to pair it with.

Well, if you were anywhere nearby, I'd give you a 2" wide piece for the price of having it out of my tank. lol.

Well, if you were anywhere nearby, I'd give you a 2" wide piece for the price of having it out of my tank. lol.

And I would accept it graciously :D

Good luck with moving.

:scarry:

Thanks kitty! I know im a bit stressed :unsure: as Ive always had limited success with moving tanks. This time im a bit more prepared but the unknown is always a bit scary.....too many things can potentially go wrong and these sensitive animals can die with the smallest mistake or miscalculation.

Best of luck with the move! I need you to make sure it all survives because I am in need of additional inspiration!

Thanks alot buddy! I was bummed to hear you were taking down the tank but im hoping you'll be back sooner than later :happy:

Hungry Acan

24602987551_819690cd9e_z.jpg

If I ever move again I'll be borrowing a small generator and a pickup truck when it comes to the tank.

Thats a great idea. Im going to borrow my buddys truck but i dont think ill need a generator since im only moving 7 minutes away.

If I ever move again I'll be borrowing a small generator and a pickup truck when it comes to the tank.

For my recent 500 mile move I had a power inverter running off the cigarette lighter that powered a 25W heater in the bucket with my fish, inverts, and some of my coral. I had a battery operated air pump hooked up to an airstone for circulation. The rest of the corals I bagged individually and put in a big styrofoam box with a heat pack, just like when corals get shipped to you. Was a lot of work, but happily, everything lived. Live rock was in a tote with water, but no heat or circulation. I ditched my sandbed and did not move that.

Thanks kitty! I know im a bit stressed :unsure: as Ive always had limited success with moving tanks. This time im a bit more prepared but the unknown is always a bit scary.....too many things can potentially go wrong and these sensitive animals can die with the smallest mistake or miscalculation.

If you need help of any kind, holler at me.

Hungry Acan

24602987551_819690cd9e_z.jpg

Beautiful shot.

Sorry if you've already covered this somewhere, but what Camera/Lenses are you using for photography?

If you need help of any kind, holler at me.

Thanks kitty will do.....I may need some frags from your ahhhmazing collection if i lose anything fingerscrossed

Beautiful shot.

Sorry if you've already covered this somewhere, but what Camera/Lenses are you using for photography?

Thank you sir.

All the macro shots are with a Canon 7D and 100mm macrolens

Good luck with the move. I'm sure everything will be fine. :)

Thanks alot shaun I sure hope so :unsure:

The little setosa that could...I thought i lost this frag a few weeks ago when it was dislodged from its rock. I couldnt locate it at the time but as I was breaking down the scape guess who was hiding in a crevice. Surprised he was in such good shape considering how little light he was getting...

24878435246_1d7c8aa5e0_z.jpg

Archived