Coral Vue Hydros

Custom Acrylic Tops *Tank Toppers* Limited Runs

smiz

Hey Sea,

We're currently testing out using a two part to seal all the edges for this very reason. Originally we opted away from this as we figured people might want to switch colors some day, but we are leaning towards the way of having it solid and unable to take apart.

Looks awesome! Been in and out of urgent care with my daughter but screws are shipping tomorrow!

Thanks Adam. In reference to the moisture in between layers... I noticed some condensation had weeped in between the layers this morning. But after the lights came on and things heated up just a bit, it is all gone. I guess maybe having the unsealed edges works both ways. May let in some moisture, but also allows it to evaporate back out. If you got salt water in between the layers, I would think there would be some residue though. Just an observation.

FINALLY!!!!!!

First successful routed top on the new setup!

Thank you all for being patient as this happened, it was not an easy task and ate up almost all our free time for several weeks. For anyone waiting on a routed top they will be getting worked on this week as time permits!

7D808C6D-AB45-429F-AE13-0838E6097A0C_zps

• Like 9

Thanks Adam. In reference to the moisture in between layers... I noticed some condensation had weeped in between the layers this morning. But after the lights came on and things heated up just a bit, it is all gone. I guess maybe having the unsealed edges works both ways. May let in some moisture, but also allows it to evaporate back out. If you got salt water in between the layers, I would think there would be some residue though. Just an observation.

Awesome Phin great to know. Seems it's a bit of a trade of with having the precaution to prevent salt creep or to have the versatility of taking the top apart.

Looks sweet

Thanks!

How does it sit on the tank? Flush with the top of the glass? Get us a pic!

I'll get a pic next time I go to the shop.

But the larger part sits on top of the glass flush with the outside of the tank. The grooved part then recesses into the tank and prevents it from moving around.

+1! I want to see!

For those wondering about the non-routed tops, on my tank, using Smiz's clips, the top extends above the rim of my tank by 3/16". In my case, I am happy that it does. The waterline in my tank is fairly high and I did not want the top too close to the water. Tried to get some pics.

DSC09586_zpssvq2fcq0.jpg

DSC09584_zpsrxuxa5q7.jpg

DSC09585_zpsgprkuewa.jpg

• Like 1

On my tank, using Smiz's clips, the top extends above the rim of my tank by 3/16". In my case, I am happy that it does. The waterline in my tank is fairly high and I did not want the top too close to the water. Tried to get some pics.

I already have one of his tops but I bought clips online and it sits flush with my glass. Was just curious on the routed edges.

I already have one of his tops but I bought clips online and it sits flush with my glass. Was just curious on the routed edges.

Yeah routed is really for people who don't have enough room from their overflow to the top of the tank to allow it to sit into the tank.

• Like 2

Yeah routed is really for people who don't have enough room from their overflow to the top of the tank to allow it to sit into the tank.

That pic looks familiar :) I can't wait!

FINALLY!!!!!!

First successful routed top on the new setup!

Thank you all for being patient as this happened, it was not an easy task and ate up almost all our free time for several weeks. For anyone waiting on a routed top they will be getting worked on this week as time permits!

7D808C6D-AB45-429F-AE13-0838E6097A0C_zps

Shit yeah! Now we're talking. Looks smooth!

Yeah, sorry. Realized that after I posted. :blush: I am curious to see how the routed ones look/work with the mesh installed.

• Like 1

I got a top by smiz, and it's awesome - I finally had time to get it installed (had to cut some mounting tabs off the stock NC28g rim), but this mesh top is awesome, and sits right down inside the rim. Thanks smiz for the awesome work!

VIEW FROM TOP:

IMG_6767.jpeg

VIEW FROM FRONT:

IMG_6766.jpeg

• Like 3
reefernanoman

I got a top by smiz, and it's awesome - I finally had time to get it installed (had to cut some mounting tabs off the stock NC28g rim), but this mesh top is awesome, and sits right down inside the rim. Thanks smiz for the awesome work!

VIEW FROM TOP:

IMG_6767.jpeg

VIEW FROM FRONT:

IMG_6766.jpeg

Can this work with my Rimless NC 28G?

Looks great!

Gorgeous!

Thanks Hairball!

• Like 2

That looks pretty sweet! Nice to know the big ones look nice too. I think that is what I will need for the 125, to fit down inside of the Euro-bracing and almost flush with the top of the tank. I got two SeaSwirls for that tank, so I will need to have areas cut out in the back for those. I will get you the measurements, if I ever get the tank in from Reef Savvy.

reefernanoman

Yup sure can. We would have to mount it with clips to suspend into the tank.

Looks beautiful with those curves BTW! Awesome. My next purchase when I get some $.