Coral Vue Hydros

Custom Acrylic Tops *Tank Toppers* Limited Runs

smiz

Just got back from the FFM and what a great event! Got to meet a ton of people and cant wait to do it again next year!

I unfortunately have to travel for work this week but will still be answering emails and getting things sorted for when I return!

Just received my custom top for my Cadlights 4g. The top is routed out so that it sits right on top of the edge. It looks great!

Smiz Top by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Got my custom 5.5 gallon clear mesh top...love it....fits perfectly

10 gallon nuvo fusion clear mesh top

Looks great guys! Glad you like them

Pm sent

PM sent back!

• Like 2

I posted a picture of my new top for my Cadlights 4g on the previous page, but since I wanted to provide a mini-review, I'm posting a few more pictures.

25511352945_d42f66e22d_b.jpgSmiz Top by TeenyReef, on Flickr

The top is very well made, and all of the edges are straight and smooth. I ordered mine with all clear acrylic so that the frame wouldn't block any light, and it works great.

One of my concerns when I ordered the top was that the water level in such a small tank is within 3/4" of the top, and it surges even higher when the flow is high. So the traditional top clips I had were always causing salt creep, and sometimes would even siphon water over the edge of the tank. So I really didn't want a traditional mounting method using clips for this tank.

Adam and I PM'd a lot, exchanging dimensions and drawings. I asked about doing a routed edge so that it could rest directly on the edge of the tank. Even though Adam didn't yet have the tooling and methods to route acrylic, he told me he was working on figuring it out. So I told him I was willing to wait until he worked it out, and a few months later he sent me his first try.

The first version had a few imperfections in the routed edge but still looked pretty good. Unfortunately it didn't quite fit because the routed edge wasn't quite rounded off enough on the front corners to fit. I let Adam know, and he offered to send a fixed version immediately, but also said he was still working on the routing technique if I wanted to wait a little longer for the next version.

The next version was sent free of charge a couple months later, and it was definitely worth the wait! The routed edge is exactly what I needed, and it is beautifully clean and smooth all around. The top fits perfectly, and is easy to put on and take off. And it looks great! :happydance:

Here's a closer view of the edge:

24949296013_f44c6c2891_b.jpg20160304-untitled-007.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

I would recommend Adam's work to anyone - his customer service is excellent and the price is very reasonable considering everything is custom made exactly the way you request it. Thanks, Adam!

• Like 3

Wait - are these now constructed with a true routed edge on a single piece of acrylic for the frame? Or are there two layers of acrylic bonded to form the lip?

I'm still trying to figure out how best to make one of these work with lighting that rests on the edge of the tank.

I posted a picture of my new top for my Cadlights 4g on the previous page, but since I wanted to provide a mini-review, I'm posting a few more pictures.

Smiz Top by TeenyReef, on Flickr

The top is very well made, and all of the edges are straight and smooth. I ordered mine with all clear acrylic so that the frame wouldn't block any light, and it works great.

One of my concerns when I ordered the top was that the water level in such a small tank is within 3/4" of the top, and it surges even higher when the flow is high. So the traditional top clips I had were always causing salt creep, and sometimes would even siphon water over the edge of the tank. So I really didn't want a traditional mounting method using clips for this tank.

Adam and I PM'd a lot, exchanging dimensions and drawings. I asked about doing a routed edge so that it could rest directly on the edge of the tank. Even though Adam didn't yet have the tooling and methods to route acrylic, he told me he was working on figuring it out. So I told him I was willing to wait until he worked it out, and a few months later he sent me his first try.

The first version had a few imperfections in the routed edge but still looked pretty good. Unfortunately it didn't quite fit because the routed edge wasn't quite rounded off enough on the front corners to fit. I let Adam know, and he offered to send a fixed version immediately, but also said he was still working on the routing technique if I wanted to wait a little longer for the next version.

The next version was sent free of charge a couple months later, and it was definitely worth the wait! The routed edge is exactly what I needed, and it is beautifully clean and smooth all around. The top fits perfectly, and is easy to put on and take off. And it looks great! :happydance:

Here's a closer view of the edge:

20160304-untitled-007.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

I would recommend Adam's work to anyone - his customer service is excellent and the price is very reasonable considering everything is custom made exactly the way you request it. Thanks, Adam!

Thanks for the review teeny! And an even larger thanks for being our patient guinea pig!

Wait - are these now constructed with a true routed edge on a single piece of acrylic for the frame? Or are there two layers of acrylic bonded to form the lip?

I'm still trying to figure out how best to make one of these work with lighting that rests on the edge of the tank.

These area now constructed from a single piece of acrylic that is actually routed.

If you have lighting that is attached to the glass on your tank we would just notch that out and route everything else around it.

• Like 2

Top looks great and fits really well. Packaged extremely well, thanks Smiz!

Looking good! So happy the new shipping material is working out!

Oh man those routes tops are nice

Thanks hairball!

NR I need your help! We made way to many IM tops lol. We have IM 10g Fusion and IM 20g Fusions ready to go.

IM 10 will be $40 for 1/4" material and $70 for 3/8" or colored. Limited supplies last! We have a Red and a White top made.

IM 20 will be $110 we have 2 3/8" clear tops ready to go!

Prices dont include shipping.

Now for pics!

8869F2B7-A9AB-4FE7-8EF3-942F22160BD1_zps
A1A29529-B8C7-4843-842A-A7C7BC4BB5DA_zps
50C56CC4-7CCE-4EC2-BF9E-81F7A0887A95_zps
  • Like 1

NR I need your help! We made way to many IM tops lol. We have IM 10g Fusion and IM 20g Fusions ready to go.

IM 10 will be $40 for 1/4" material and $70 for 3/8" or colored. Limited supplies last! We have a Red and a White top made.

IM 20 will be $110 we have 2 3/8" clear tops ready to go!

Prices dont include shipping.

Now for pics!

8869F2B7-A9AB-4FE7-8EF3-942F22160BD1_zps
A1A29529-B8C7-4843-842A-A7C7BC4BB5DA_zps
50C56CC4-7CCE-4EC2-BF9E-81F7A0887A95_zps

Maybe I missed this in your thread. Do these tops have the routed edges so I can ditch the side clips? I'm incredibly interested if so.

• Like 1

Do you have these in black or light grey? I am interested in an IM 10 but not clipped edge. I suppose clipped would do providing fish can leap through.

Do you have these in black or light grey? I am interested in an IM 10 but not clipped edge. I suppose clipped would do providing fish can leap through.

Hey Sun,

We currently don't have any black or grey made but could certainly get one built for you! Whether you'd like to use existing clips, have us make you custom low profile clips, or go with the routed clip less look we can make it happen!

Maybe I missed this in your thread. Do these tops have the routed edges so I can ditch the side clips? I'm incredibly interested if so.

All the current IM10 tops have the design to use the existing clips. Or you can purchase our low profile clear clips that will work with it as well. We are currently offering routed design on all tops so if you're interested in that route we can certainly accommodate.

Hey Sun,

We currently don't have any black or grey made but could certainly get one built for you! Whether you'd like to use existing clips, have us make you custom low profile clips, or go with the routed clip less look we can make it happen!

All the current IM10 tops have the design to use the existing clips. Or you can purchase our low profile clear clips that will work with it as well. We are currently offering routed design on all tops so if you're interested in that route we can certainly accommodate.

I'm also interested in a routed black top. PM the info. I may not order for another couple weeks, but it's definitely on my list of upgrades for this tank.

Hey Smiz. Can you give me a quote on a routed IM 10 top? Thank you!

I'm also interested in a routed black top. PM the info. I may not order for another couple weeks, but it's definitely on my list of upgrades for this tank.

Add another interested in routed black IM10 top.

Three in a row! :wizard:

Sending PM's now!

Hey Smiz. Any overstock for Bc29?!! Ur tops look amazing. Do you have a website with pics?

Nothing on hand, we generally cut to order!

Thanks for the compliment :D we are hopefully finishing our website this month and will have all sorts of goodies posted!

Guys!!! I need your help!

If you are handy with a camera and own a top please tank a nice picture for the website! Just looking for a few gems.

You can PM here or email to tanktoppersales@gmail.com

Been getting a lot of question on the new style of routing we offer. Here are some pictures.

This is for the Innovative Marine Fusion 10g25400077160_ddd76da26b_k.jpg

25070394314_25cc9d6bbe_k.jpg

Here was a CAD 70g

25070399324_6097f97afe_k.jpg

A smaller CAD 4g

25070405094_a4fddfefa6_k.jpg

And finally a little custom etch on the front of the top. Was an interesting thing to etch on a top but the customer gets what the customer wants lol

25582228962_5851d2b4c1_k.jpg

• Like 2

If I missed it, I apologize - but have you made tops for the JBJ 3g picotope with a space for an HOB?

I am actually making one now! I have been sent a nice cardboard cutout and will be finishing it up next week!

• Like 1