Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Custom Acrylic Tops *Tank Toppers* Limited Runs

smiz

deaclauderdale

I'm anxiously awaiting my topper, it will be the first fishing line installed topper that smiz produces and I know it's going to be amazing.

Nerd, nice laser work though.

Haha 2.0 is going to be much cooler

I'm anxiously awaiting my topper, it will be the first fishing line installed topper that smiz produces and I know it's going to be amazing.

This is on the chopping block this week! Can't wait to see how it turns out! Threading hundreds of feet of fishing line will be interesting :)

• Like 2

Haha 2.0 is going to be much cooler

This is on the chopping block this week! Can't wait to see how it turns out! Threading hundreds of feet of fishing line will be interesting :)

I can't want to see how you do that! I looked at having custom cut stainless rod with 1mm holes but nobody could do it :(

Fishing line is like comparing float glass to acrylic in terms of clarity!

Smiz, How much would a Lid cost for a JBJ 28g Nano?

Hey, that falls under standard pricing of $130 shoot me a pm if your interested and we can get started.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello my Nano-Reef friends,

It is with sadness but also relief that I regret to inform everyone that we will be closing down the top business. For the past year I have really put my heart and soul into this and can not express on a personal level how supporting this community has been.

For the past several months I have been working 80+ hours weeks to keep up with demand which is all done after my full time day job. It has now gotten to a point with our second child coming next month that I need to put this aside and start focusing on other things.

I look back and find it rather amazing where we started and where we are now and am very grateful for the experience and lessons I've learned. But with this not being a full time job I was not able to keep up with developing the product to make my partners and I lives easier. A lot of people didn't understand truly how much time went into each top, on average it was around 3 hours between all the processes. This plus continually growing expenses made it so we were not making and profit for about the past 5 months.

When I started this venture I was doing it for fun to help out a few friends fill the demand for such a product. My main goal in all of this was to provide a relatively low cost solution for the issue running through the rimless community. In part I like to think that I helped bring a bit of light on this issue and now with the void being filled by full timers who have the time and resources to supply tops, it is my time to step down.

For the time being if you are currently in contact with me we will still finish up your order( Please be patient :). We will also be building tops under 36" until we use up the rest of our material. Once that is all finished we will likely be finished with the product all together.

We have several other products that we have been developing so possibly in the future you will see us around with something new.

Again I can not being to describe how much support we got from this community and this would have never been possible without you guys!

Thanks,

Adam

• Like 5

Oh Adam, :(

Sorry to hear about ur decision, but! I truly understand ur situation. U have got to do what will be best for u and ur family!

Family must come 1st!

With that said, U know that in the future u may be able to come back to this product.

Although I have not purchased from u, I and others have highly recommended ur product to fellow reefers.

Good luck to you and to ur future!

Cheers!

Mike

• Like 1

Adam,

1. Congrats on your new child!!!

2. Your product is amazing, you know I got a couple from you.

3. Whatever you decide to make in the future, I'll be the first to try out!

Hope you made some money and thank you for taking the time to provide a product ALOT of needed. Hope you stick around the boards.

• Like 2

Hello my Nano-Reef friends,

It is with sadness but also relief that I regret to inform everyone that we will be closing down the top business. For the past year I have really put my heart and soul into this and can not express on a personal level how supporting this community has been.

For the past several months I have been working 80+ hours weeks to keep up with demand which is all done after my full time day job. It has now gotten to a point with our second child coming next month that I need to put this aside and start focusing on other things.

I look back and find it rather amazing where we started and where we are now and am very grateful for the experience and lessons I've learned. But with this not being a full time job I was not able to keep up with developing the product to make my partners and I lives easier. A lot of people didn't understand truly how much time went into each top, on average it was around 3 hours between all the processes. This plus continually growing expenses made it so we were not making and profit for about the past 5 months.

When I started this venture I was doing it for fun to help out a few friends fill the demand for such a product. My main goal in all of this was to provide a relatively low cost solution for the issue running through the rimless community. In part I like to think that I helped bring a bit of light on this issue and now with the void being filled by full timers who have the time and resources to supply tops, it is my time to step down.

For the time being if you are currently in contact with me we will still finish up your order( Please be patient :). We will also be building tops under 36" until we use up the rest of our material. Once that is all finished we will likely be finished with the product all together.

We have several other products that we have been developing so possibly in the future you will see us around with something new.

Again I can not being to describe how much support we got from this community and this would have never been possible without you guys!

Thanks,

Adam

Tough decision, but family always comes first so I salute you! I am honored to have one of your lids.

I am going to contemplate all day ordering another lid before you officially close shop - my frag tank is calling!

• Like 1

Really sorry to hear that Adam...you did amazing work. Congrats on the new addition and I look forward to purchasing whatever you have planned next.

First and foremost congratulations! Based upon what I have seen on here you do amazing work and I am certain you will be missed. Are you still taking orders for smaller pieces? I've been contemplating getting a lid for my Lagoon 25 and would love to have one of your pieces. Best of luck!

Congratulations, Adam, on successfully creating a new product, on being able to walk away on your own terms, and on baby #2! Not in that order, of course :)

• Like 2
Oceanbox Designs

Congrats on your soon to be new born! I can totally relate, the time I dedicated to this business has taken a toll on all of my holidays, weekends, and working over 12 hours on and off. Focusing on family is always the first priority so that's a good thing to set this aside for now. I had you in mind for a future custom top but looks like it has to stay top-less :lol:

• Like 2

I am uploading new pictures now the only problem is I have a HOB fuge that will need to be taken into consideration

Have done a topper for 29 Biocube and do you have a picture?

Sorry to hear this, but your priorities are right. Just glad I was able to get one of your amazing lids for my 75 - I truly appreciate the craftsmanship. Good luck with baby 2!

Sorry to see you step down but I totally understand. I am grateful to have my tops from you great products no they made keeping my fish possible which you have no idea how happy I am for that. Congrats on the new born and good luck to all your future endeavors.

Kellie in CA

I'm so sorry to have only just found you when it's too late. I've been looking for something like this for my new build (15"x15").

BTW - I have a 1 year old, I totally get it!