Coral Vue Hydros

Custom Acrylic Tops *Tank Toppers* Limited Runs

smiz

Do you have one made for an Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 20? If so, how much? Thanks.

Hey Max, that would fit our standard size and be $130 plus shipping. If you would like a hinged feature it would be an additional $20. This covers clear or black. If you'd like a color option we are currently just charging material costs. Will send this in a PM as well so I can keep track :)

Just wanted to give a quick little spiel and give every one an update.

I am currently swamped with my day job for the next few weeks so im trying to make time to handle all the top work after hours. I really make it a point to return emails within a hour or two so if you haven't heard from me or are waiting on me then please message me and let me know!

We have a lot of exciting things lined up and I can't wait to be able to spill the beans on it all! But for now to curb your appetite I will leave you with a quick sample of what you all have been bugging me about :) Routed edges to be able to place your top on your glass and not have clips!

Now for the catch, this test was successful but it is not passing my quality check! We need to buy and rig up a router to be able to make this process smooth and make perfect cuts before we can offer it!

Drum roll.....

6AD2C6E1-DFF1-4CE7-9959-E169E3C1B596_zps

• Like 3

Oh yes! Now we're talking!

Could you accomplish the same but with straighter edges by laminating 2 layers together, or would it be too hard to avoid bubbles between the layers?

Oh yes! Now we're talking!

Could you accomplish the same but with straighter edges by laminating 2 layers together, or would it be too hard to avoid bubbles between the layers?

This was actually my original thought on how to accomplish this. Routing the edge and polishing it is very scary to me. I'm taking an almost finish product and then burning it with a torch lol. I bought several products and tried several tests to try to laminate the pieces but it just will not meet our standard for cleanness. I am fairly new to acrylic, I've heard of a few shops that can properly manage lamination like this but I don't have that touch yet!

This was actually my original thought on how to accomplish this. Routing the edge and polishing it is very scary to me. I'm taking an almost finish product and then burning it with a torch lol. I bought several products and tried several tests to try to laminate the pieces but it just will not meet our standard for cleanness. I am fairly new to acrylic, I've heard of a few shops that can properly manage lamination like this but I don't have that touch yet!

Yeah, those damned TAP Plastics videos make it look so easy...

Yeah, those damned TAP Plastics videos make it look so easy...

HAHA so true. You should see the first piece we tried to weld, lost half the bottle on the part and ruined the piece lol.

Awesome work! I just can't see myself covering my rimless. Do you make invisible lids? Lol

I can't wait to see the one with fishing line threaded through those 200+ holes...I think I'd like that design. Fluorocarbon line would be pretty much invisible.

I've got a 42L x 30W x 19T peninsula style tank I need a top for. Its a rimless design and haven't found any tops "sufficient" enough for my standards. Personally, not a fan of clips. Looking for either recessed or inside tabs. What do you think? I'd need some clearance on the back wall (in black) for gyre cables and apex feeder mount.

Top view

20131126_181205.jpg

Center back wall overflow

20131126_181141.jpg

Why can I not see any of the pics that smiz posts?

Fixed! Ran out of bandwidth lol

I've got a 42L x 30W x 19T peninsula style tank I need a top for. Its a rimless design and haven't found any tops "sufficient" enough for my standards. Personally, not a fan of clips. Looking for either recessed or inside tabs. What do you think? I'd need some clearance on the back wall (in black) for gyre cables and apex feeder mount.

Totally doable, We could go around your overflow and have the top recessed into the tank.

• Like 1

Smiz, really love your work man! Just one question, what would happen i f my cat decides to take a nap on top of it?

HAHA good question, provided the thread on the acrylic hold id imagine it would be a very comfortable cat nap. On the contrary though if the screws break it is going to be a very terrible nap. I will do some tests tonight to see if these are kitty proof :).

• Like 1

HAHA good question, provided the thread on the acrylic hold id imagine it would be a very comfortable cat nap. On the contrary though if the screws break it is going to be a very terrible nap. I will do some tests tonight to see if these are kitty proof :).

Just lay your daughter down for her nap on one... see if it holds.

Just lay your daughter down for her nap on one... see if it holds.

HAHA that will be a great thing to explain to my wife why my baby is soaking wet lol.

Gotcha, thank you! Now that I can see it your work is great. Are you using lasers to cut this with? the edges look so smooth.

Yup everything gets laser cut. If that doesn't cut it then we flame polish the edges.

Just to know could you pm me the price for a (red sea) reefer nano top?

PM sent!

AND LOOK I HAVE A PROFILE PIC

• Like 1