Pod Your Reef

Justin Fox's Fluval Edge 2 - New Video Page 15!

justinfox

I really need to get me some wheels for my 86...

Haha! Nah keep it stock! They're SO perfect stock! Yes, ugly wheels, but damn those Prius tyres like to slide around with the traction control turned off!!!

:wub:

I like them all!

Okay, He is Juu

:wub:

Thank you Justin

AWESOME! I wish I could meet Juu in real life!

• Like 3

I love your thread and your tank! It checks all the boxes to get my full interest, and your photography is fantastic :wub: Btw, that M3 really caught my eye, as I used to have one too (just a stock E46, nothing like that one...)

Looking forward to the updates - have you made a decision about the tiger goby yet?

• Like 3

Haha! Nah keep it stock! They're SO perfect stock! Yes, ugly wheels, but damn those Prius tyres like to slide around with the traction control turned off!!!

I plan on going wider on the wheels and keeping the stock tyres until they are useless (well, more useless then they already are ;)). Then I can upgrade so something nice and sticky.

• Like 1

Justin, regarding your Q on instagram, a YCG stays on the upper regions of the tank. Not sure which shrimp you have that could be a threat but the YCG is a little fish with a Napoleon complex, they're brave little guys.

• Like 4

Still not sure on what fish! Not rushing into it, will wait for the right fish to jump out at me at the shops next time!

elegance.jpg

I have just scored this beautiful Elegance Coral though. It's already a bit big for the tank! The massive hammer was moved to the back of the rock work and it fits nicely now (see it in this side shot):

side.jpg

• Like 8

Wow, it looks like you planned a space for that hammer and waited to get just the right size coral to fit in it :D

That elegance has really pretty colors. It almost looks like the colors in some of the darker green/blue duncops when it's zoomed in.

• Like 1

Wow, it looks like you planned a space for that hammer and waited to get just the right size coral to fit in it :D

That elegance has really pretty colors. It almost looks like the colors in some of the darker green/blue duncops when it's zoomed in.

I know right?! Got so lucky with that huge hammer fitting in behind all the rockwork, looks perfect from the side! And yeah I love the elegance! I've had one before but it didn't have amazing colours like this one!

PS: I really really love your Green Banded Goby! Definitely keen for something "different" like him, then again I could always give in to a pair of very small clowns haha!

PPS: I'm going to move my leather away from the torches as the torches have exploded in size and are stinging the leather now. Shame as I really wanted to keep the leather on the far left!

• Like 1

PS: I really really love your Green Banded Goby! Definitely keen for something "different" like him, then again I could always give in to a pair of very small clowns haha!

DO IT :D

succ+square+1500.jpg

For as long as I can remember. I have wanted a succulent garden. I've got a big deck out in my backyard, and I wanted to start in a corner, and just buy a new different succulent in a different pot every week and start filling up a part of the deck.

I've always looked at growing corals a lot like growing plants, especially SPS. I've been wanting a little frag rack for my Fluval Edge 2 for a while now but have resisted, mainly because I think it might detract from the overall look of the tank.

It's got me really wanting a frag tank but, lol! I think it's potentially the succulent garden I've always wanted?! Could be a lot of fun, and super satisfying too.

A little research, just for the fun of it:

maxresdefault.jpg

Synergy-Reef-Systems-Frag-Tank.jpg

Never mind me, just planting seeds, haha!

• Like 7
HarryPotter

Look gorgeous!

I made one for my Mom's birthday all from Home Depot Succulents. It worked out awesome- just leave them alone and they grow haha.

IMG_9691_zpsk9juzzc0.jpg

• Like 1

Great journal mate - good to run into you and finally meet you today!
You've inspired me to start a TJ for my new Red Sea Reefer 170 build.

BTW I've got a bunch of GSP that I'll be throwing out from my old tank, if you're keen on some, let me know.

• Like 1

Great journal mate - good to run into you and finally meet you today!

You've inspired me to start a TJ for my new Red Sea Reefer 170 build.

BTW I've got a bunch of GSP that I'll be throwing out from my old tank, if you're keen on some, let me know.

So random but awesome running into you! And you had me googling Red Sea reefers for an hour or so. Saw the one for sale too, DAMN TEMPTING but noooo. Must not! Haha!!!

I'm 100% keen on some GSP. I have the purple variety but not the green! Add me on FB!

• Like 1

floating.jpg

I put in a big order for frags from Fragalicious and luckily I could acclimatise them all at the same time in my massive salt water drum (which is heated to the same temp as the tank).

zoas.jpg

The last time I bought frags off these guys the zoas took weeks to open, this time around they started opening straight away, which suggests my water quality is awesome now!

hammers.jpg

Hammer island! I have 9 hammer coral pieces all up now! Crazy!

duncan.jpg

I impulse bought this duncan (it’s still opening up). Different colours to the usual. I had placed him on the left, and he looked perfect there, but the torch started stinging him so I’ve had to move him over to the right for now.

backcorner.jpg

I’ve got a fair few frags on the sand bed for now until I find a better place to put them. Note the leather is coming back too now that it’s not touching the aggressive torch corals.

fts_august_2015.jpg

Top down shot.

• Like 5

That's it, I'm sold. Definitely having a Euphyllia garden in my new tank. Will add some fantastic movement to go with the SPS. You have a very nice collection there Justin, you really have packed that Edge in a very short space of time.

Oceanarium are shipping again from Perth after the cold spell, check out their website ;).

• Like 1

That's it, I'm sold. Definitely having a Euphyllia garden in my new tank. Will add some fantastic movement to go with the SPS. You have a very nice collection there Justin, you really have packed that Edge in a very short space of time.

Oceanarium are shipping again from Perth after the cold spell, check out their website ;).

Haha I've been waiting for Oceanarium to start shipping again! Truth is my tank is getting rather full though!!! HAHA!

And yeah, hammers! What's really awesome about hammers is that they sit really really well together and end up forming quite a nice uniformed shape once they sort out who's puffier than who! If anything I want the even more 'rare' hammers, like the golden variety, and I'd like to move my most toxic yellow hammer up to the very top as I think it deserves the top spot!

PS: My new duncan isn't enjoying the direct from from the MP10. I might have to move it to the sand bed. That spot on the right is reserved for SPS in any case ;)

• Like 1

Haha I've been waiting for Oceanarium to start shipping again! Truth is my tank is getting rather full though!!! HAHA!

And yeah, hammers! What's really awesome about hammers is that they sit really really well together and end up forming quite a nice uniformed shape once they sort out who's puffier than who! If anything I want the even more 'rare' hammers, like the golden variety, and I'd like to move my most toxic yellow hammer up to the very top as I think it deserves the top spot!

PS: My new duncan isn't enjoying the direct from from the MP10. I might have to move it to the sand bed. That spot on the right is reserved for SPS in any case ;)

That is one of the things I like about the hammers and frogspawn Euphyllia's also, the way they clump together looks stunning. While I do like torch corals also (would love a nice gold one) they are the more aggressive of the 3 and if your not careful they can deal some serious damage to close by corals. I'd like to build up a nice collection on a small island :).

I would imagine the duncans would not appreciate the direct flow. They should be fine a little out of the direct line of fire :).

• Like 1