ReefCleaners.org

Justin Fox's Fluval Edge 2 - New Video Page 15!

justinfox

nice shots. hammers look great!

think the algae looks like some intergalactic space nebula...not so bad.

guess you have to use a blade-on-a-stick-cleaner with this tank. not lookin forward to that.

Very good choice you're asking Mr. T. Blenny for help!

• Like 1

nice shots. hammers look great!

think the algae looks like some intergalactic space nebula...not so bad.

guess you have to use a blade-on-a-stick-cleaner with this tank. not lookin forward to that.

Very good choice you're asking Mr. T. Blenny for help!

100%! I've just ordered one of those long reach scrapers! Will be fairly easy as it's only the back wall and that's where the Fluval Edge's little opening is!

I'm glad to hear someone else say this in print! I love Xenia too, though at the moment I keep mine in my frag tank as it is easier to corral in there.

Haha! Yeah I know a LOT of people hate it, and think it's a weed. But I like weed ;) so it's all good!!!

Just a few shots from this morning. I know you're not meant to have direct sunlight shining onto a tank... but it just looks so awesome at sunrise (I'm 40... I tend to get up early for no good reason!). The sun blasts it only for a few minutes (she rises fast!), so I think it's AOK!

19645013126_650c327bbb_b.jpg

19048641544_4d297943c0_b.jpg

• Like 6

In other news. I'm thinking about removing the sand bed!

As soon as I put the sand in I regretted it. I should have gone with my gut and made the call earlier on to get it out, but part of me was thinking that the coral sand buffers the water nicely so I went with it.

I know a lot of people out there love sand beds. Definitely more natural with sand, but I have a bit of of a fetish for good coral display tanks at fish stores, and a bare bottom tank reminds me of that. Like a frag tank (which I'd love to start up one day for the fun of it!). The cleanliness of it just does it for me!

I've removed a heap of sand from my 6ft aquarium before. Bit by bit with water changes (with a large diameter hose). I'm not too worried about a tank crash so long as I do bit by bit with my weekly water changes. I'm more worried about the rock work falling apart (it will I'm sure).

• Like 1

OK I've slept on it (always a good thing) and have decided to keep the sand in there for now. I don't run a skimmer (yet?!) on this tank so perhaps bare bottom isn't such a great idea. In other news I've received notice that my MP10 will get to me this week. It's been over a month since I've ordered it, and I've seen one at a local fish store too (this makes me mad), but hey. All good. I'll be happy when it arrives!

I'm also trying to order some snails for the sandbed. Ceriths (can't find any right now) and I've managed to find some Nassarius snails though! I'm securing that order now.

PS: I just stumbled upon xiaoxiy's thread, which I really enjoyed scrolling through because he posts up food he cooks. I've also really enjoyed seeing cat photos (yeah I'm a cat guy!) in various member's aquarium threads too, so I figure I might start posting up other things I'm into in here as well.

I'm a man of many pursuits! Cars, guitars, design, art, photography and photography... so this may get a little freaky! I'll kick it off with a photoshoot I had at my place yesterday with Lily, a make-up artist. I love the shots in the garden especially (a big tree in my yard fell over during a storm a few months ago and I've just left it there lol!).

justinfox_lily_garden_1.jpg?format=2500w

justinfox_lily_garden_2.jpg?format=2500w

justinfox_lily_garden_3.jpg?format=2500w

justinfox_lily_garden_4.jpg?format=2500w

More photos and info in my blog (in my signature).

• Like 7

If you find the need for a second MP10ES I will be selling mine soon, with the PicO Aquariums shield :). Fantastic pictures as always, I'll check the blog out on my lunch break :).

• Like 1

Love this. My tank gets sun (through the perforated blinds in my window) in the late afternoon. It washes out a lot of color, but does looks cool and creates some very neat shadows.

• Like 1

Cheers guys! Still missing my 6ft tank. Corals and especially my fishies which I donated to my local fish store. I hope they went to good homes! Here's one of the last shots of it showing a lot of growth and much more colour.

5243492112_628cb12390_b.jpg

Earlier shot.

5281991815_71388b2b76_b.jpg

6171728596_f1af8db3fd_b.jpg

Last shot.

• Like 7

This is clearly TOTM right there! What are you dosing? Clearly have huge growth so it must be doing great.

Unfortunately that is the old tank, has been down for some time. I'm sure the new tank will be a TOTM contender in the future though ;).

• Like 3

Mr.Fox everything looks great man,that 6 footer looked really good,I tore a big one like thst down for a neighbor,man,that was labor intensive. Got a bunch of awesome stiff though for free.

I love my mp10 alot so do my corals haha,sorry it took so long to get to ya.

Nice photography also.

Unfortunately that is the old tank, has been down for some time. I'm sure the new tank will be a TOTM contender in the future though ;).

Jase would know :)

Love this. My tank gets sun (through the perforated blinds in my window) in the late afternoon. It washes out a lot of color, but does looks cool and creates some very neat shadows.

I open my sliding door blinds for a few hours a day and let the tank bathe in it with my nano box lights on,coral seems to like it :)

Good show sir

• Like 1

WOW! :wub: women, coral, interior design. I envy you. Makes me wish I paid more attention in photography class. You have an eye for beautiful things.

• Like 2

The best thing is you are getting through with those mecha / transformer models on your shelf ?

They look so cool. Please tell me how to convince my gf to have those ?

• Like 3

The best thing is you are getting through with those mecha / transformer models on your shelf

They look so cool. Please tell me how to convince my gf to have those

My place, my shit all over it! And IMHO if your GF doesn't support what makes you happy, then you can do better!!!!!! Harsh... I know but I'm straight up LOL!

Small update: I stumbled upon a guy on Facebook, Adam from Aquarium Excellence, who delivers natural sea water around Sydney. He also sells a big variety of drums of all shapes and sizes. I ended up getting a 220 litre food grade drum delivered to me, with natural sea water. His hose was long enough to reach around 1/4 of my house to my laundry! So cool. I now have so much fresh sea water which will make water changes a breeze! I could even do 80% weekly water changes and not dose a thing from now on! Such a luxury! And in an event of a tank crash (touch wood it never happens!) I have plenty of ready to go sea water.

19765214005_5c68079697_b.jpg

He also sells corals so I bought some star polyps off him. One piece had a pretty big aiptasia on it. I thought about keeping it, but then I remembered how quickly these things spread so I took the coral out and broke off a fair bit of the GSP to make sure he was gone for good!

I also took delivery this morning of 3 x small nassarius snails from Darren at Reef Secrets in QLD (to keep sand bed churning over!). They came overnight (with another hammer coral too) and everything was packed super well, with a heat pack and all snails made it (they burried themselves into the sand bed right away!), and hammer is opened up already!

Photos of the tank tomorrow, not sure if I can capture the snails in a shot as they're under the sand bed, but I assume they will come out for food!

• Like 5

Some pics as promised!

hammers1.jpgNew hammer on the bottom right. Older hammers are going off and getting more fluffy and puffy by the day.

morph.jpg

This morph is getting bigger by the day too.

gsp2.jpgStar Polyps, still closed up because I took this whole piece out and cut an Aiptasia off. Love how these guys move in flow though, very happy.

gsp1.jpgSmall star polyps. Much much smaller than the polyps on the other piece.

• Like 7

I had to go into my instagram and unlike your photos. :( I love your work, but based on my "likes" instagram was showing me a lot of half nekkid girls. I like girls just fine ;) but my little niece and nephew look at my instagram with all the fish and coral photos. So I had to do a little aunty control. I'm still following you, I like them all. :flower:

WOW! :wub: women, coral, interior design. I envy you. Makes me wish I paid more attention in photography class. You have an eye for beautiful things.

He does! Oh boy he does.

• Like 4

I had to go into my instagram and unlike your photos. :( I love your work, but based on my "likes" instagram was showing me a lot of half nekkid girls. I like girls just fine ;) but my little niece and nephew look at my instagram with all the fish and coral photos. So I had to do a little aunty control. I'm still following you, I like them all. :flower:

He does! Oh boy he does.

Haha! It's all good Kat! I get this ALL the time! Heaps of guys out there have let me know that they would love to like my images, but they get in trouble from their girlfriends/wives. It's all good. I completely understand!

I have a beautiful soul staying with me for a week. She loves the tank! She's an awesome artist, and like a true artist, she's without money or a home at the moment (LOL!). I love arty types so I'm more than happy to put her up for a week. One night in and we've already had a tonne of awesome D&M's!

Here are a few photos of her that I took (isn't it funny how when you're an aquarium fanatic you tend to want to fill your bath tub up with fish?!).

krystal_le_bath_justin_fox_bw14.jpg?form

krystal_le_bath_justin_fox_bw7.jpg?forma

krystal_le_bath_justin_fox_bw18.jpg?form

• Like 4

fluval-edge-2-reef-nano.jpgFTS.

fluval-edge-2-reef-nano-topdoen-lps.jpgI love the top down view!

19232486893_2f919eec5c_b.jpg

When re-filling the tank during water changes I use this little breeder box which perfectly fits on top of the little opening on the edge tank. I can pour water from a 20 litre bucket into the tank at full speed and this breeder box disperses the water so well (IE: none of my sand gets kicked up at all).

Just a couple more corals from Aquaristic. An orange torch and a green leather (miss the one I had in my old tank!). Coraline is starting to appear on my heater's black bits.

PS: Here's Mia, my Russian Blue :)

justinfox_hannah_10.jpg

• Like 11