Coral Vue Hydros

Justin Fox's Fluval Edge 2 - New Video Page 15!

justinfox

Sinking pellets, especially algae wafers will be good for the snails.

You know what? Turns out I had sinking pellets all along and forgot I had them! I'm really kicking myself now, could have saved these snails. 2 dead, and 3rd is missing... I assume dead under the sand or behind rocks I can't see or reach. I loved how they kept my sand bed clean. Will have to buy one more in future when my tank is more mature.

Where did you fit that breeder box?

It sits perfectly in the opening at the top! I use it for water changes so water from the bucket doesn't splash hard into the tank!

nudibranch.jpg

PS: Here's a pic of the nudibranch hitchhiker!

• Like 4

Probably came in with some zoas (a reason why I always fresh water dip new zoas). I'd toss it, not worth the risk. Monti eating nudis tend to be white (camouflage with the underside of the cap), zoas eating nudis tend to be brownish (blends with the matting base of the zoas) but can take on the colour of the host colony.

• Like 2

This little tank is so clean! Love the hammer bouquet, really cool.

All your tanks have had really nice aesthetics, very 'artful', fitting you are a photographer.

The tide pools are amazeballs, It would be a happy day to be out there.

• Like 1

Probably came in with some zoas (a reason why I always fresh water dip new zoas). I'd toss it, not worth the risk. Monti eating nudis tend to be white (camouflage with the underside of the cap), zoas eating nudis tend to be brownish (blends with the matting base of the zoas) but can take on the colour of the host colony.

Ah damn! It looks so cool though!!!!

• Like 1

PS: It's a Xenia Nudibranch! I now remember seeing a white patch on my Xenia, and thought nothing much of it at the time. This could explain why my xenia has never looked happy in my tank. I'm still not sure I want to destroy it though, just looks so cool.

• Like 3
HarryPotter

PS: It's a Xenia Nudibranch! I now remember seeing a white patch on my Xenia, and thought nothing much of it at the time. This could explain why my xenia has never looked happy in my tank. I'm still not sure I want to destroy it though, just looks so cool.

HA thats awesome!

Not the whole eating Xenia thing, but the nudibranch itself. How it mimics Xenia

Followed you on Instagram today :)

• Like 1

Oh yeah, its frondy things totally look like silver Xenia. Very cool!

Now that you mention it, it does kinda look like xenia.

I have a polyclad flatworm in a 1/2 gallon jar cause I can't kill it...

• Like 2

Ill take it! My xenia has been getting quite out of control, ive just been giving it to the LFS.

• Like 1

Haha. I'm keeping it!

OK one clown fish is not swimming upright (head to the surface a lot). On closer inspection his left fin is not working. I'm hopeful he will heal in time, otherwise he truly is Nemo!!

• Like 1

She sure is! :)

PS: GOOD NEWS! Came home tonight and found that the clownfish is now using his other fin and is swimming normally!

They are not eating though. I put some sinking pellets in and both fish went for it at times but spat it out. At least it suggests that they're hungry?!

The seller told me they ate brine, cyclops and daphnia. I have freeze dried cycopeeze but not sure that's going to cut it. Any suggestions guys? I'll drop past the fish shop tomorrow to pick up some brine for sure though.

• Like 2

Still not sure on what fish! Not rushing into it, will wait for the right fish to jump out at me at the shops next time!

elegance.jpg

I have just scored this beautiful Elegance Coral though. It's already a bit big for the tank! The massive hammer was moved to the back of the rock work and it fits nicely now (see it in this side shot):

side.jpg

Really cool! I missed a lot!

HarryPotter

PS: GOOD NEWS! Came home tonight and found that the clownfish is now using his other fin and is swimming normally!

They are not eating though. I put some sinking pellets in and both fish went for it at times but spat it out. At least it suggests that they're hungry?!

The seller told me they ate brine, cyclops and daphnia. I have freeze dried cycopeeze but not sure that's going to cut it. Any suggestions guys? I'll drop past the fish shop tomorrow to pick up some brine for sure though.

1mm pellets might too big? Perhaps crush them in your fingers by rubbing them together

Suggests to me that you need very small sized food. The pellets could be pre-soaked before feeding them also.

• Like 1

I crush up pellets for my neon gobies and clowns. My female is big enough for regular size pellets but the little male is still tiny. And the gobies, well, they're puny. NLS also sells a small fish formula pellet -

They also may be biting little pieces off and spitting out the rest. I noticed the gobies will do that when a piece is too big.

Cheers ladies! I tried crushing the pellets this morning and no go. I'll duck out and get some brine today.

In other news, some of you might have seen this thread I started:

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/363977-please-convince-me-to-not-start-another-tank/

Oops!

So yesterday I was hanging out at a mates place. This mate is not at all into this hobby, but he's into a lot of things I'm also into so he understands the "bug".

I let him know about my dilemma of wanting to start up another tank and in voicing my story out loud I managed to decide NOT to start another tank.

A few hours later I impulse bought a tank LOL!!!

So I really wanted this:

maxresdefault.jpg

But I really had a hard time finding more info on it. I found their web site, but it all seemed to difficult.

Synergy-Reef-Systems-Frag-Tank.jpg

I also really want this, right down to the sexy green stands. It's using an external overflow box though, and perhaps I could get the stands themselves separate down the line if I really wanted them.

818BrXdXDUL._SL1500_.jpg

So this is what I ended up with. A JBJ 20 Frag Tank. Now to shop for a light! :)

• Like 4

Haha yup, have already sent Dave a PM! I'm also curious about the Kessil lights though, love that spotlight aesthetic (very Japanese!).

Haha yup, have already sent Dave a PM! I'm also curious about the Kessil lights though, love that spotlight aesthetic (very Japanese!).

Bro, i was in that delimma as well. But i did not like how skinny and tall the kessil a150 looked but the short fat 360 looks very aesthetic to me. What won me over was the controllability of the nanobox and just as important, the customer service that Dave provides. He even worked with my crazy picky taste on how i wanted my light to look. He stands beside his product and values his customers.

• Like 2