SaltCritters.com

Justin Fox's Fluval Edge 2 - New Video Page 15!

justinfox

nudis.jpg

Zoa Eating Nudibranches!

YAY!

I spotted a tiny nudibranch on the glass a few days ago, and killed it, then I spotted another one a couple of days later, and on much closer inspection I found a few of them, all on zoa frags and all sorts of different colours too (cute looking guys, really!).

frags.jpg

I decided to act and put some RO water into a container and dipped a few of my zoa frags and moved these zoa frags to my frag tank too for quarrantine (which I will do with the frag tank from now on).

PS: CHEMI-PURE BLUE is amazing!!! I've only been using it for 8 days and already all the hair and bushy algae on my return pump inlet and heater are all gone! On it's own too! IE: I didn't have to remove it, it just disintegrated slowly on it's own over 8 days! Very happy!

• Like 4

In other news, I supported my ex/bestie Nanami Cowdroy last weekend who was invited to be a part of a panel discussion at CURVY Women's Creative Conference (so proud of her!). Here are a few shots:

curvy_ambush_sj.jpg

becwinnel_ambush_curvy_justinfox.jpg

beibadgirl_ambush_curvy_justinfox.jpg

curvy_panel_ambush_justinfox_1.jpg

Nanami on the mic! She did SO well!

curvy_justinfox_ambush-640x958.jpg

Hey Ladies! Nanami on the far left.

And some of Nanami's AMAZING work:

01_NanamiCowdroy_slider.jpg

sa0101.jpg

BF01.jpg

2338215_5069713.jpg

More: http://www.nanamicowdroy.com/

More on my blog: http://www.justinfox.com.au/curvy-womens-creative-conference

• Like 11

nudis.jpg

Zoa Eating Nudibranches!

YAY!

I spotted a tiny nudibranch on the glass a few days ago, and killed it, then I spotted another one a couple of days later, and on much closer inspection I found a few of them, all on zoa frags and all sorts of different colours too (cute looking guys, really!).

frags.jpg

I decided to act and put some RO water into a container and dipped a few of my zoa frags and moved these zoa frags to my frag tank too for quarrantine (which I will do with the frag tank from now on).

PS: CHEMI-PURE BLUE is amazing!!! I've only been using it for 8 days and already all the hair and bushy algae on my return pump inlet and heater are all gone! On it's own too! IE: I didn't have to remove it, it just disintegrated slowly on it's own over 8 days! Very happy!

are you dipping zoas in just straight rodi water no salt?

have you ever tried hydrogen peroxide, works really good to kill algae. May require 1-2 dips to kill algae.

I got sick of buying coral rx / coral cleaner its mostly pine oil and lemon peel oil. and made my own oraginic coral dip- shrimp zoo coral dip.

works as good or better than coral rx.

if anyones on a budget you can make your own coral dip, but kinda time consuming. or use h202 to kill algae.

• Like 2

are you dipping zoas in just straight rodi water no salt?

Yes thats right, just dipping in RO and with a bit of a shake the nudi's just fall off.

Sorry you got hitchikkers.

But happy i fund my next tatoo(if you dont mind)

It's amazing how many people have had her work inked! Google "Nanami Cowdroy Tattoo", so many!

Holy crap it is a small world. The was the Gelaskin on my old laptop!

100% it's a small world! I've also got mates who have her Gelaskins laptop covers but didn't know of her, or her and I!

Looks great.

It us no coincidence her art is all fish themed?

She LOVES koi and goldfish but no, she has a lot of different themes! Check out her work: http://www.nanamicowdroy.com/

• Like 1

Hey Justin, just a quick question about your clowns; where do they sleep?

I have mine sleeping sideways on the top against the glass. Do yours behave the same?

Mine both sleep close to the MP10! In the corner underneath it pretty much!

Mine both sleep close to the MP10! In the corner underneath it pretty much!

Yeah I figured. I understand they try to sleep in a low flow area. Such confusing behaviour that makes you question your care :)

• Like 1

vedtank.jpg

Pretty exciting news! My mate Ved (who's a professional photographer and videographer) came over yesterday to shoot my tank, just for the fun of it! He brought over some amazing gear, the slider footage is crazy! It's going to be epic, will share the final video when it's done! In the meantime check out some of his work here (and a recent video of his below): http://www.selectnine.com.au/

• Like 8

vedtank.jpg

Pretty exciting news! My mate Ved (who's a professional photographer and videographer) came over yesterday to shoot my tank, just for the fun of it! He brought over some amazing gear, the slider footage is crazy! It's going to be epic, will share the final video when it's done! In the meantime check out some of his work here (and a recent video of his below): http://www.selectnine.com.au/

Dude... B)

• Like 1