Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

Thanks! Those are my favorites too! Well, in my top 5 favorites anyways. It's hard to pick a number 1 :).Hah! Everyone loves Jack. He gets so much attention when we go for walks or friends come over. He's the definite crowd favorite :).

He just looks so chill :).
  • Like 2

What is the color on them called? I've never had a crested, but those two are certainly awesome.

Scarlet is a red and cream harlequin and vanilla bean is a tri-color harlequin with cream, yellow, and brown. Colors and patterns change on them as they grow so it will be fun to see what they do!!!! That's one of the best things about these guys for me. Is seeing what they turn into as adults :).

I mean the colors won't change drastically but they will spread more. The color you see is pretty much what they will be but they can be more intense at times.

Gena! LOVE the photos!!! All of them. Jack is adorable. So is everyone, but that face!!

Yeah..he's a big lug LOL. And not that chill when people first come to the house LOL. He's very hyper for the first 5 min. and then he settles down nicely.
  • Like 2

Scarlet is a red and cream harlequin and vanilla bean is a tri-color harlequin with cream, yellow, and brown. Colors and patterns change on them as they grow so it will be fun to see what they do!!!! That's one of the best things about these guys for me. Is seeing what they turn into as adults :).

I mean the colors won't change drastically but they will spread more. The color you see is pretty much what they will be but they can be more intense at times.

Yeah..he's a big lug LOL. And not that chill when people first come to the house LOL. He's very hyper for the first 5 min. and then he settles down nicely.

HA! Kind of like Franklin. Well, then he has to go try to SIT on people. Not everyone wants a 75 lb dog sitting on their lap.

• Like 3

Awesome! It'll be great to see what they change into!

• Like 1

HA! Kind of like Franklin. Well, then he has to go try to SIT on people. Not everyone wants a 75 lb dog sitting on their lap.

LOL...same here! It's embarrassing. They just love love :).

Awesome! It'll be great to see what they change into!

For sure! And I'm really hoping they will both be girls. Although even if they are boys that's ok. Just really hoping for girls fingerscrossed.
  • Like 2

LOL...same here! It's embarrassing. They just love love :).

It really is!! We live in an old house and our half bath on the first floor, well, the door doesn't latch very easily. So if people don't close the door until it latches, I generally hear from the other room "oh HI Franklin" while they're in there. OMG. I feel so bad. And it's not like I want to go and get him because HELLO, they're in the bathroom.

• Like 4

It really is!! We live in an old house and our half bath on the first floor, well, the door doesn't latch very easily. So if people don't close the door until it latches, I generally hear from the other room "oh HI Franklin" while they're in there. OMG. I feel so bad. And it's not like I want to go and get him because HELLO, they're in the bathroom.

That's hilarious :lol:. I see what you mean by not wanting to go get him in that instance LOL.

Oh man, that is probably a big surprise for them! Haha, I'm not sure what I'd do except laugh.

• Like 1

That's hilarious :lol:. I see what you mean by not wanting to go get him in that instance LOL.

HA. Nope! I just end up yelling around the corner "i'm so sorry about that!"

• Like 2

This is why you have the title of the Crested Princess :)

The red dalmatian particularly is my favorite :)

Good job darlin!!!!

Nice head sizes too.

There you are! I was just in your thread :).

Yeah, that red dalmatian is going to be super nice as it gets older. The spots come out even stronger as they get older! I'm hoping that one will be a boy (and pretty positive it will) and I'll breed him with the blonde dalmatian, which is a girl. Should be a great pair!

• Like 1

There you are! I was just in your thread :).Yeah, that red dalmatian is going to be super nice as it gets older. The spots come out even stronger as they get older! I'm hoping that one will be a boy (and pretty positive it will) and I'll breed him with the blonde dalmatian, which is a girl. Should be a great pair!

I think it'll come out great, you're a master at your craft Mrs Gena. Total respect.

• Like 1

I think it'll come out great, you're a master at your craft Mrs Gena. Total respect.

We'll see. I hope I can master the pairings (choosing good pairs). I'm a novice when it comes to breeding! :)
  • Like 2

We'll see. I hope I can master the pairings (choosing good pairs). I'm a novice when it comes to breeding! :)

Mine just did it on their own,wasn't trying to get them too. They just did it lol. You'll be just fine.

• Like 1

The geckos are beautiful. Love the first tounge shot! To cute. You have a lot of differnt variations in them. Do they need an enclosure with a certian humidity and what do they eat? Show me one of your enclosures?

• Like 1

At least he's only 75 pounds. My 100+ pound Dane does the same thing. :rolleyes:

Beautiful Geckos Gena! Good luck with the breeding

• Like 3

At least he's only 75 pounds. My 100+ pound Dane does the same thing. :rolleyes:

My BF's 150lb newfoundland always wants to hop on the bed to cuddle (and drool) in the morning!! -_- Silly big dogs!

Gena, your geckos are soooo cute!! :wub:

• Like 2

Thanks you guys! I'm glad you like the geckos :).

Wow, the calcium sacs in their mouths are really interesting. And the diets that are made for cresties sound really tasty! :blink:

It smells amazing! The one I have now is from Pangea. It's a complete diet powder that you just mix with water. I have Banana and Papaya and Banana and Apricot. Smells like a smoothie :).

The geckos are beautiful. Love the first tounge shot! To cute. You have a lot of differnt variations in them. Do they need an enclosure with a certian humidity and what do they eat? Show me one of your enclosures?

They do need a moderate amount of humidity which they get from once or twice a day mistings with a spray bottle. You don't want to soak them and the cage should dry out once a day. I usually spray them down just in the evenings so the cage is wet through the night when they are most active and when they do their shedding. The moisture helps them to shed. The adults are kept in larger cages like these:

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-10%20at%209.03.4

And the babies and juveniles are kept in critter keepers

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-10%20at%209.03.2

The straps are there because of the potential for earthquakes around these parts. I don't want the cages to go flying off the shelves!

• Like 6

Danes are beautiful - including yours. And the personalities ... :wub:

• Like 1

The straps are there because of the potential for earthquakes around these parts. I don't want the cages to go flying off the shelves!

I'm just going to keep on thinking that you are really trying to "kid proof" the cages and ignore the real reason cause that terrifies me!

• Like 1