ReefCleaners.org

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

Managed to squeeze in a photo shoot today :).

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-17%20at%202.02.0

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-17%20at%202.06.0

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-17%20at%202.04.5

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-17%20at%202.04.0

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-17%20at%202.02.4

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-17%20at%202.05.2

These guys had a rough day. They missed their buddy. First day of school was just fine, btw :).

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-17%20at%204.40.3

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-17%20at%204.48.4

• Like 9

Tank is lovely. I never tire of seeing it. Very peaceful.

Kitties look so sweet sleeping. I bet they did miss your son today. They have only known living there with him home very day.

• Like 3

I'm sure your boy couldn't wait to get home. I'm sure he missed you and the kitties.

Yeah, he did miss us :). Getting ready to send him out the door in 15 for day 2. At least his sleep schedule is getting back to normal. He was going to bed at 3am and waking up after 12pm :wacko:. I did not like that at all during the summer. But it's summer and that's what the kids do I guess. I could never stay up that late when I was his age. But I remember sleeping until 11am sometimes LOL.

Tank is lovely. I never tire of seeing it. Very peaceful.

Kitties look so sweet sleeping. I bet they did miss your son today. They have only known living there with him home very day.

Thank you :flower:. The kittens were extra hyper yesterday. Not sure if it had anything to do with him being gone or not. Might have :).

Looking great Gena, LPS are cranking! So are you dosing this tank? What's your w/c schedule?

Thanks, Scott! No dosing yet. I've been keeping an eye on mainly Ca and Alk and it's been perfect so far. I forget the actual numbers. If I have time I will test again today. I do a once weekly water change on Wed. Today would be a good day to see what was used up during the week.

Someone's being sneaky!! Didn't see him at first!!

Yep...those GBGs are very sneaky :).
  • Like 3

Jaime!!! :wub: Missed you lately!

So YES...tank is bolted to the wall :). I'll have to check for an update in your tank thread! Do you just have one tank going now?

Tomorrow is the first day of school here :tears:. I'm gonna miss having a buddy around during the day. Back to the old grind. Good thing I love Fall. Gives me something to look forward to :).

I've missed my N-R peeps too! Been busy between family stuff and writing stuff. I'm looking into bolting two of my tanks to the wall (lot of freshwater tanks), but some of them are going to be goners if the quake happens. Yep, just down to one reef tank. I've been horribly lax in updating the thread. Maybe later today or tomorrow if the new mushies settle in. I was sent a copperband butterflyfish on accident in the order, ugh <_< need to find it a home.

Sorry you're losing your summer buddy, but I must say I love fall :wub: sweater season!

• Like 3

I've missed my N-R peeps too! Been busy between family stuff and writing stuff. I'm looking into bolting two of my tanks to the wall (lot of freshwater tanks), but some of them are going to be goners if the quake happens. Yep, just down to one reef tank. I've been horribly lax in updating the thread. Maybe later today or tomorrow if the new mushies settle in. I was sent a copperband butterflyfish on accident in the order, ugh <_< need to find it a home.

Sorry you're losing your summer buddy, but I must say I love fall :wub: sweater season!

Sounds like you are being productive :).

I worry about the big one too! Not sure how I have it bolted will protect it if that happens, but I should be good for any "almost big ones" LOL.

Yeah, one good thing about fall...sweaters! But, I'm still enjoying my summer wardrobe too LOL. Just did a bit of shopping the past few days. Killer deals on end of summer clothes at Anthropologie :wub:. I love that store, but it's pricey. I've gotten a few full priced things before, but I go a little crazy when they have their big sales :).

I hope you are able to do an update on your thread fingerscrossed.

• Like 2

Wednesday water change is done :happydance:. I grabbed a few photos before doing the WC because the corals looked so fluffy. Not that they aren't always fluffy, but sometimes they look better than other times. I wonder if it has anything to do with the pH? Anyways....the back glass is dirty and I needed to do my bubble algae pruning, but I took photos regardless. All that stuff is clean now post water change :).

The dirty pics......

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-19%20at%204.27.1

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-19%20at%204.26.0

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-19%20at%204.24.0

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-19%20at%204.24.4

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-19%20at%204.26.5

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-19%20at%204.25.1

• Like 9

Since the page flipped here are 7 new photos :).

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-14%20at%201.51.2

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-14%20at%201.50.0

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-14%20at%201.52.4

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-14%20at%201.49.5

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-14%20at%201.53.1

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-14%20at%201.52.0

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-14%20at%201.51.4

and the FTS from yesterday :)

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-13%20at%201.16.1

Looking awesome, Gena! And I :wub: the new avatar photo. Gorgeous!

• Like 1

Dirty pictures! Ha ha. Your dirty pictures are cleaner than my just cleaned pictures! Your tank always looks wonderful and clean. Very pristine. Your newest blastos look like they are really happy and doing well! Very nice!

I have not been able to post pictures right now. It says I can not anymore. I guess I used up my alloted amount and I have not figured out how to do it another way yet. My sons new little crestie is doing very well. Thanks for the info on them and all. Great choice for a nice pet.

• Like 1

Indiana sky just for you took them today :)

04DD1BDA-EBBD-4332-B171-AC23FA0199C6.jpg

8DBEB032-6057-45F2-A32F-D44C4BA860A1.jpg

:wub: thanks!

The clouds have a fallish look to them. Funny how you can tell seasons by the clouds :).

Looking awesome, Gena! And I :wub: the new avatar photo. Gorgeous!

Thank you :flower:

Dirty pictures! Ha ha. Your dirty pictures are cleaner than my just cleaned pictures! Your tank always looks wonderful and clean. Very pristine. Your newest blastos look like they are really happy and doing well! Very nice!

I have not been able to post pictures right now. It says I can not anymore. I guess I used up my alloted amount and I have not figured out how to do it another way yet. My sons new little crestie is doing very well. Thanks for the info on them and all. Great choice for a nice pet.

LOL...trust me, it was dirty :D. You should try uploading photos to someplace like photobucket. That's what I use. It's super easy to do! You CAN'T stop posting photos of your tank...it's too beautiful not to show off :).

Glad you are happy with the crested gecko. They really are an ideal pet. Wish they were around when I was a kid. Hamsters were cute and fluffy but they would BITE! I was always afraid of mine LOL.

• Like 2

:wub: thanks!

The clouds have a fallish look to them. Funny how you can tell seasons by the clouds :).

Today feels like fall too... I didn't need the a/c on in my room last night, just a window fan on low. Wishing I'd brought a warmer jacket for the train tide to work, too!

• Like 1

Have I mentioned how much I love those pink trumpets?? Haha. What's the more common name so I can start looking for some.

Caulastrea is the scientific name. Candy cane or Trumpet coral the common names.

Gena has the neon green/kryptonite, the turquoise/teal, and the red with the neon green center varieties. There are also red with turquoise centers. Either of the red varieties can also have white stripes on the red part.

• Like 3

Caulastrea is the scientific name. Candy cane or Trumpet coral the common names.

Gena has the neon green/kryptonite, the turquoise/teal, and the red with the neon green center varieties. There are also red with turquoise centers. Either of the red varieties can also have white stripes on the red part.

I think he was referring to the fox coral...Gena can you confirm?

• Like 1

I think he was referring to the fox coral...Gena can you confirm?

I was referring to the trumpet coral =P.

Thanks! I was hoping the pink / red one has a special name I can search for easier than just trumpet / candy cane =(. Most places only carry the normal green ones.

• Like 1

Thanks! I was hoping the pink / red one has a special name I can search for easier than just trumpet / candy cane =(. Most places only carry the normal green ones.

Oh wow...yes!

If you find it, post it up. Im also curious and would love to mix a pink/red one with my green candy cane.

• Like 1

NP. I'm not aware of a special name for the red ones... unless it is a red one with stripes. Those are referred to as Pinwheel. Here is a picture of my Pinwheel under fluorescence photography. Under regular lighting the stripes are all white:

CandyCane_zpspdehdnj6.jpg

Tidal Gardens has a variety of Candy Canes for sale, including green centered ones.

http://www.tidalgardens.com/coral/lps/candy-cane-corals-caulastrea.html

• Like 1

thanks! they dont look quite as fluffy and pink as gena's candy canes (gosh that sounds wrong for some reason....). Gena needs to start her own coral shop already!

How were your orders from MyReefToYours? Their prices are pretty good, shipping fair, but their Acropora are all browned out. Literally every Acro, no matter the name, looks like a 1.5" brown stick :(