Coral Vue Hydros

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

:lol::lol::lol: That's too funny! Kittens are such a riot!

I had a feeling it would happen. They were being rough and her weight was pulling on the back of that chair. Plus my purse was hanging on the other side LOL. One rambunctious Nicky move and it toppled over :lol:.

• Like 2

Gasp! Those photos of your tank are just stunning! Truly they are. You have really done an excellent job with your choices and putting it all together. Wonderful!

And too cute of a shot with your kitties like that. I bet they are so entertaining. Pure cutness.

Well...I did it. I found a crested gecko for sale the next town over. It is a one year old male. I think the guy said it was a dalmation? All I know is he is a cutie pie. It was posted on Craigslist. A young man selling many of his pet reptiles. My daugher and I drove over to take a look at the crested and see if he looked healthy and she fell in love with a leopard gecko he had as well. So walked away with a crested and also a leopard I was not expecting to buy...actually I didnt expect to buy any animals today...actually I never knew crested geckos exsited till you showed us yours...hmmmmmm...Huston, I think we have a problem.

• Like 2
Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Gasp! Those photos of your tank are just stunning! Truly they are. You have really done an excellent job with your choices and putting it all together. Wonderful!

And too cute of a shot with your kitties like that. I bet they are so entertaining. Pure cutness.

Well...I did it. I found a crested gecko for sale the next town over. It is a one year old male. I think the guy said it was a dalmation? All I know is he is a cutie pie. It was posted on Craigslist. A young man selling many of his pet reptiles. My daugher and I drove over to take a look at the crested and see if he looked healthy and she fell in love with a leopard gecko he had as well. So walked away with a crested and also a leopard I was not expecting to buy...actually I didnt expect to buy any animals today...actually I never knew crested geckos exsited till you showed us yours...hmmmmmm...Huston, I think we have a problem.

Post some pics!
  • Like 2

Here is the little guy.

post-87944-0-51322700-1439515843_thumb.jpg

It was 85$ for him and his whole set up, which was a thirty gallon tank that I did not want. I had no place to put a tank that size. I told the guy to keep it rather than me try to figure out what to do with it. So the guy put him in a plastic shoe box with holes drilled in it for me with damp moss and such. He is in there for the night as I have gotten home late and had to get all the children down for the night. First thing in the morning when I have time I will put together this and move him into it.

post-87944-0-26764500-1439515963_thumb.jpg

The leopard gecko my daughter fell in love with was $45 for it and his 10 gallon set up. (she named him Alfred) I am going to change a few things with it later to make it easier to take care of and better for the gecko as we have one leopard already and I have figured out the best set up to care for one.

post-87944-0-90926700-1439516063_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Here is the little guy.

attachicon.gif020.jpg

It was 85$ for him and his whole set up, which was a thirty gallon tank that I did not want. I had no place to put a tank that size. I told the guy to keep it rather than me try to figure out what to do with it. So the guy put him in a plastic shoe box with holes drilled in it for me with damp moss and such. He is in there for the night as I have gotten home late and had to get all the children down for the night. First thing in the morning when I have time I will put together this and move him into it.

attachicon.gif027.jpg

The leopard gecko my daughter fell in love with was $45 for it and his 10 gallon set up. (she named him Alfred) I am going to change a few things with it later to make it easier to take care of and better for the gecko as we have one leopard already and I have figured out the best set up to care for one.

attachicon.gifIMG_3336.JPG

Awesome :happydance:.

He looks like my Snickers! Very similar :). That's a nice cage for him too! Take a picture of it all set up as well, if you don't mind!

• Like 3

So glad you kept the clowns. Nice orange for that contrast, then it matches that sponge.

I agree. The bright orange/yellow of the sponge and then the clownfish and firefish really add to the look! I was thinking of getting another bright orange sponge for the left side too. I have a small yellow one there behind the open brain coral. It's hidden in the photos..but it's growing so I could just wait for that one to be visible instead of buying another. But I like the contrast of the bright color with the pastel corals. I don't want primary colored corals in this tank, but the sponges look ok in there to me :).
  • Like 1

Ah...so peaceful. Incredible tank!

Antonio's crested does look alot like your Snickers! Antonio still can not talk yet so his does not have a name. Hopefully soon. :) The server wont let me upload a picture of it. Dont know why. My techie hubby is in bed so will try to post one tomorrow.

I put the whole kit together in front of Antonio. I hope it brought him joy inside. When I was done I asked him if he liked it and he slowly droped his head to his chest. So I will take that as a yes. :)

Do you cover the screen top on top to keep it more humid? Can I keep a female in with this male permenently if I find one? I would think he will get lonely.

Ah...so peaceful. Incredible tank!

Antonio's crested does look alot like your Snickers! Antonio still can not talk yet so his does not have a name. Hopefully soon. :) The server wont let me upload a picture of it. Dont know why. My techie hubby is in bed so will try to post one tomorrow.

I put the whole kit together in front of Antonio. I hope it brought him joy inside. When I was done I asked him if he liked it and he slowly droped his head to his chest. So I will take that as a yes. :)

Do you cover the screen top on top to keep it more humid? Can I keep a female in with this male permenently if I find one? I would think he will get lonely.

Awwww...how sweet!

I don't put anything on top. I don't think you'll need it. You do want the cage to dry out once a day. I've heard of pairs staying together permanently. They will breed though. And if he is constantly bothering her then you'll have to separate them. The females need some space for a period of time during their breeding cycle. You would need a bigger tank though to house two geckos. Is this one a 12x12x18? If so, that won't be big enough. But it would be a backup if you ever have to separate the two to give her some space!

• Like 1

Awwww...how sweet!

I don't put anything on top. I don't think you'll need it. You do want the cage to dry out once a day. I've heard of pairs staying together permanently. They will breed though. And if he is constantly bothering her then you'll have to separate them. The females need some space for a period of time during their breeding cycle. You would need a bigger tank though to house two geckos. Is this one a 12x12x18? If so, that won't be big enough. But it would be a backup if you ever have to separate the two to give her some space!

Yes it is the 12x12x18. I think we will just stick with the one then...for now. :)

We seem to acumulate pets here sometimes but they bring us all alot of joy. I can already tell that we are going to enjoy this little crested gecko. I had seen them in the past but knew nothing about them or even their name. When I was researching to buy Antonio his first lizzard, all of the websites said leopard geckos were the easiest and best to start with. And we have loved him. He is a great pet. But start up equipment was costly on leopards. But I can tell this one is going to be a great, pretty easy to care for pet. I am just using paper towels for the bottom of the cage.

There is a reptile show that comes to Atlanta in November. I have not taken Antonio in a few years. I am going to try to get him there this year if he is up to it. We always come home with something, :)

• Like 1

Yes it is the 12x12x18. I think we will just stick with the one then...for now. :)

We seem to acumulate pets here sometimes but they bring us all alot of joy. I can already tell that we are going to enjoy this little crested gecko. I had seen them in the past but knew nothing about them or even their name. When I was researching to buy Antonio his first lizzard, all of the websites said leopard geckos were the easiest and best to start with. And we have loved him. He is a great pet. But start up equipment was costly on leopards. But I can tell this one is going to be a great, pretty easy to care for pet. I am just using paper towels for the bottom of the cage.

There is a reptile show that comes to Atlanta in November. I have not taken Antonio in a few years. I am going to try to get him there this year if he is up to it. We always come home with something, :)

I use paper towel too. It's just so easy to clean up! Ohhhh...fun! I have never been to a reptile show but it's on my to-do list. I'll have to keep an eye out for any happening this year. If it's anything like saltwater expos, there should be one in the fall and one in the spring here :). I could surely find my second breeder female at that!
  • Like 3

Playing catch up in your thread. Your kittens are so adorbs it almost hurts :lol:. & I love your cresties! Living vicariously through you. Do you have your fish tanks strapped to the wall for earthquake safety too? I'm debating trying to secure a few of my tanks for when/if the "big one" happens in my lifetime. :blink:

Your tank has filled in so nicely! I love that fox coral and it's squishyness. I went a similar(ish) route with mine and a three-rock scape too, though not as open and proportionate as yours :lol:

• Like 2

Playing catch up in your thread. Your kittens are so adorbs it almost hurts :lol:. & I love your cresties! Living vicariously through you. Do you have your fish tanks strapped to the wall for earthquake safety too? I'm debating trying to secure a few of my tanks for when/if the "big one" happens in my lifetime. :blink:

Your tank has filled in so nicely! I love that fox coral and it's squishyness. I went a similar(ish) route with mine and a three-rock scape too, though not as open and proportionate as yours :lol:

Jaime!!! :wub: Missed you lately!

So YES...tank is bolted to the wall :). I'll have to check for an update in your tank thread! Do you just have one tank going now?

Tomorrow is the first day of school here :tears:. I'm gonna miss having a buddy around during the day. Back to the old grind. Good thing I love Fall. Gives me something to look forward to :).

A little Nora for your Sunday :happy:

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-16%20at%2010.51.

• Like 7

Aw! I love that shot of Nora. Looks like a pretty portrait with the out of focus tank behind her! Love it!

Great new tank shots too! I'm with Eddie right now and he's glad to see the blastos are doing good for you! Your clowns are really pretty. They have really nice coloring and the contrast between the orange and black on them is great :)

• Like 1

What a pretty backdrop for a pretty kitty!

Thank you :).

Aw! I love that shot of Nora. Looks like a pretty portrait with the out of focus tank behind her! Love it!

Great new tank shots too! I'm with Eddie right now and he's glad to see the blastos are doing good for you! Your clowns are really pretty. They have really nice coloring and the contrast between the orange and black on them is great :)

Thanks, Felicia! And thanks and hello to Eddie too :). Those blastos are growing a little, they look bigger to me. And the one that had the heart shape seems to be keeping it. It's kinda on it's side so it's hard to tell.

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't sell those clownfish. I had someone set to buy them and they flaked so....yay me LOL.

• Like 2

Jaime!!! :wub: Missed you lately!

Tomorrow is the first day of school here :tears:. I'm gonna miss having a buddy around during the day. Back to the old grind. Good thing I love Fall. Gives me something to look forward to :).

A little Nora for your Sunday :happy:

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-16%20at%2010.51.

I missed Jamie too!!

I've been having a WONDERFUL summer that I am sad to see the days really are getting shorter - the sun wasn't out at all when I woke up today!!

But fall means pretty leaves, hoodie weather, and snuggling by the fire! Bittersweet...

Nora is such pretty little kitty! :wub:

• Like 2

I missed Jamie too!!

I've been having a WONDERFUL summer that I am sad to see the days really are getting shorter - the sun wasn't out at all when I woke up today!!

But fall means pretty leaves, hoodie weather, and snuggling by the fire! Bittersweet...

Nora is such pretty little kitty! :wub:

I just sent the most depressed kid out the door LOL. I remember those days well. If it's like every other year, he'll come home with a big smile and excited about the new school year fingerscrossed.

This morning the parrots are out and making a racket! Nora is sitting behind my computer, on the windowsill, going nuts over the parrots LOL. Either I am just usually asleep and don't normally hear them, or the parrots are another sign of fall. I think they start migrating this time of year down south or maybe just from Northern California to southern California. I haven't heard them all summer and today is the first day, but I'm also up earlier than normal :wacko:.

Ahhhh...fall. We don't have the pretty leaves, but we've got hoodies and snuggles :).

• Like 3
Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I just sent the most depressed kid out the door LOL. I remember those days well. If it's like every other year, he'll come home with a big smile and excited about the new school year fingerscrossed.This morning the parrots are out and making a racket! Nora is sitting behind my computer, on the windowsill, going nuts over the parrots LOL. Either I am just usually asleep and don't normally hear them, or the parrots are another sign of fall. I think they start migrating this time of year down south or maybe just from Northern California to southern California. I haven't heard them all summer and today is the first day, but I'm also up earlier than normal :wacko:.Ahhhh...fall. We don't have the pretty leaves, but we've got hoodies and snuggles :).

I HATE those parrots!

• Like 1

IS it the first day of HS for your young man? I had my youngest (Noah) for the summer and his HS orientation is today!

Sophomore year! Where does Noah go to school? In Austin or another state?

I HATE those parrots!

They are NOISY!

Awww...shucks. New page. Guess I know what else I'll be doing today :).

• Like 1