inTank Media Baskets

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

Guess who is hand-dosing her tank???? LOL

I tested the water on Sunday and my alk was at 6.5 dKH :scarry:. Probably why I lost those pink hippos! Anyways...no big deal to drop some 2-part in everyday. Takes me 5 min tops (wait time between doses). I do it when I feed the fish :).

Yes, you and me both... My daughter has a doctors appointment on the 11th by the closest fish store to us.,.an hour away. I will be buying some 2 part and trying to figure out how much I should be doseing. Will be buying test kits for Alk and mag at the same time. How did you figure out how much to dose?

• Like 1

Yes, you and me both... My daughter has a doctors appointment on the 11th by the closest fish store to us.,.an hour away. I will be buying some 2 part and trying to figure out how much I should be doseing. Will be buying test kits for Alk and mag at the same time. How did you figure out how much to dose?

It's easy enough to hand dose so might as well do it. Are you going to do B-ionic? That's what I have on hand and am using. I just started with 2.5ml each and there was no change from yesterday so looks like that's what I'm using in a day. I just need to get my alk back up to the 8.0 range which I should get to on Wednesday with my water change. And then I'll just keep dosing 2.5ml of each per day. You can use a reef calculator to figure out what to dose to get to your desired level. Once you get there just test daily to see how much it drops in a 24 hour period. That will fluctuate with growth of course so even after you figure out the magic number for your tank, you should check it periodically to make sure it hasn't changed. With SPS it gets more complicated. That's why I ditched SPS for softies and LPS :).

Here's a reef calculator

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reef-calculator

Well, I took some quick photos for the page but photobucket is down for maintenance right now. Hopefully they'll be back up soon.

• Like 3

It's easy enough to hand dose so might as well do it. Are you going to do B-ionic? That's what I have on hand and am using. I just started with 2.5ml each and there was no change from yesterday so looks like that's what I'm using in a day. I just need to get my alk back up to the 8.0 range which I should get to on Wednesday with my water change. And then I'll just keep dosing 2.5ml of each per day. You can use a reef calculator to figure out what to dose to get to your desired level. Once you get there just test daily to see how much it drops in a 24 hour period. That will fluctuate with growth of course so even after you figure out the magic number for your tank, you should check it periodically to make sure it hasn't changed. With SPS it gets more complicated. That's why I ditched SPS for softies and LPS :).

Here's a reef calculator

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reef-calculator

Well, I took some quick photos for the page but photobucket is down for maintenance right now. Hopefully they'll be back up soon.

Yes, after much research I had decided on the B-ionic. I dont have an auto top off and really didnt like the idea of mixing up the kalk and all. My time is very precious. I have so many children that need me 24/7. (We just adopted three of our foster children last tuesday!) I need to keep things as simple as possible. So the 2 part dosing sounded like the easiest route for me. I will get the test kits and 2 part and might have to get some help from you if I get stuck.

Thanks for the reef calculator link! That will really help!

Photobucket is finally working again :).

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-31%20at%204.30.2

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-31%20at%203.25.0

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-31%20at%204.31.0

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-31%20at%203.26.0

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-31%20at%203.27.5

The back glass is dirty :blush:.

. Shhh...We are all oohing and aaahing over the corals and cute fish! I didnt even see the back glass!

• Like 3

Yes, after much research I had decided on the B-ionic. I dont have an auto top off and really didnt like the idea of mixing up the kalk and all. My time is very precious. I have so many children that need me 24/7. (We just adopted three of our foster children last tuesday!) I need to keep things as simple as possible. So the 2 part dosing sounded like the easiest route for me. I will get the test kits and 2 part and might have to get some help from you if I get stuck.

Thanks for the reef calculator link! That will really help!

. Shhh...We are all oohing and aaahing over the corals and cute fish! I didnt even see the back glass!

I will do my best to help you out :). There's a lot of testing involved in figuring out the dosing...be prepared!

And congrats to you and your family on the adoptions :happydance:.

I didn't notice until you pointed it out. ha. For shame I saw one speck. :P

LOL....I see it. It's bad :).
  • Like 2

I will do my best to help you out :). There's a lot of testing involved in figuring out the dosing...be prepared!

And congrats to you and your family on the adoptions :happydance:.

LOL....I see it. It's bad :).

I appreciate that. I just might need it!

And thank you on our adoptions. They have been living with us over a year so daily nothing has changed but to know that God blessed us with them as family forever...just fills me with happiness and love for them.

• Like 2

Thanks you guys :).

It looks worse in person than in the photos. But tomorrow is water change day and it will be sparkly again :D.

I wonder if I'll get my sponges tomorrow???? I didn't get a shipment notification yet so maybe not. Unless I overlooked it in my inbox.

• Like 1

I appreciate that. I just might need it!

And thank you on our adoptions. They have been living with us over a year so daily nothing has changed but to know that God blessed us with them as family forever...just fills me with happiness and love for them.

A quick congrats on the adoption. God bless you and your family!

The back wall did not look dirty to me and the tank looks great.

• Like 2

A quick congrats on the adoption. God bless you and your family!

Thank you! We feel very blessed to have them in our family!

• Like 1

Haha...I guess I was being overly self-conscious about it and I shouldn't have said anything :). Thanks for making me feel better about my dirty back glass! I really can't wait to clean it up tomorrow with my water change. Filling the RO/DI bucket now for tomorrow :).
  • Like 3

Haha...I guess I was being overly self-conscious about it and I shouldn't have said anything :). Thanks for making me feel better about my dirty back glass! I really can't wait to clean it up tomorrow with my water change. Filling the RO/DI bucket now for tomorrow :).

I am also filling RO/DI for WC tomorrow!

• Like 2

I....am not filling my brute. Not til the weekend.

I gotta do my WCs tomorrow and Thursday morning. My hubby and I pull out on the bikes by 7 am bound for Nashville, TN to see our youngest son and his wife.

• Like 2

I....am not filling my brute. Not til the weekend.

Filling a brute :o. Only time I ever fill a brute is when I set up a new tank :).

I gotta do my WCs tomorrow and Thursday morning. My hubby and I pull out on the bikes by 7 am bound for Nashville, TN to see our youngest son and his wife.

Safe travels!!!!!!

Hahaha...reading this reminded me I'm filling my 5g bucket with water. I forgot about it LOL. Luckily it sits in a sink so overflows go down the drain :).

• Like 1

aaaaw. They made a heart!

I know!!!!! Too bad her tail isn't out like his. Would have been perfect :).

Moving them over here too because it's too cute to not be on a new page :).

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-01%20at%207.56.3

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-01%20at%207.56.1

• Like 7