ReefCleaners.org

My 20 Long Journey

Mom2many

The valley :wub:. Your tank is so healthy. It's obvious by looking at the colors and amazing growth you've had. I love it!

Thank you Gena!

I love the valley. When I do move down the line I'm going to have to rethink my 34. I love your sand bed rivers.

Thank you so much. I had my hands in my old tanks all the time rearanging the rock work and changing things. I didnt want to do that this time around. I used base rock from Reef Cleaners and played with it for days on a piece of newspaper the footprint size of my tank. Once I finally found what I wanted I set it up. I pray before I do anything and wanted to do this tank right from the start and not make the many mistakes I made in past tanks. I have not moved any rocks around this time since starting this tank up. I added a rock in the back behind everything but that is all. The sand river valley was just a happy accident. God has helped me and I have really enjoyed this tank more than I can say. It has been a relaxing hobby for the most part this time around.

• Like 1

I have never posted a video of my tank before. I took a short video of my tank yesterday. My son from Legobro4 Studios put music to it for me to spare you hearing 9 children and many pets in the backround. Then he posted it to Youtube for me. I am so bad with technology. Thank you William.

• Like 4

I really like your tank. It looks magical.

Thank you so much! It means a lot to me.

The tank looks excellent!

Haha the one clown at the back right upper corner was just trying to peek over the rim

Thanks! My clowns are clowns. When I feed, their heads almost come out of the water as they swim at the surface. One sleeps cuddled up in the zoas under the cliff at night and one tries to host the fluffy duncan in the front during the day.

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

LOVE the music choice. :wub: my inner cello player is showing...

everything is so vibrant and beautiful! I love the front to back depth you have as well. just beautiful!

• Like 1

LOVE the music choice. :wub: my inner cello player is showing...

everything is so vibrant and beautiful! I love the front to back depth you have as well. just beautiful!

I like classical instramental music. :)

Thank you! I have been very suprised and pleased with what has grown well under these lights. Your tank is so beautiful as well. Gods creation is just stunning. Every time I see someone elses tank or sit and watch mine up close I am amazed with it all.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Recently got a Crested Gecko for my son. Posting a photo of his home.

http://013_zpsixpfqhp1.jpg

Here is a picture of him in it.

002_zpsj50mbhmt.jpg

Thanks Gena for all your help. And for sharing about photo bucket. :)

• Like 1

Here are a few pictures I took over the last few weeks.

This is my Yellow Watchman Goby. He and my pistol shrimp must have been having relationship troubles as they sperated to oposite ends of the tank for a month. I guess they have it all worked out as they are now back together again. :) The orange ricordia, he is under, bleached out and almost melted away about four months ago when I got it. I moved it to the shade of a cliff and then to this low light area. It has slowly recoverd. Its mouth was parilized and he could not eat for months. It ate for the first time last week when I fed it. I guess it is well now!

048_zpsnnfuo2mv.jpg

Here is one of my sexy shrimp. I have four and they have all doubled in size since I recieved them from KP Aquatics. He is under my favoriet ricordia in this picture.

017_zpsv38i6b5j.jpg

Here is my Acan. When I bought it, it was only one head. He is growing and happy. I love how puffy he is. He was sold to me as a Blasto but I am glad I bought him anyways.

025_zpsnmhwn73e.jpg

• Like 2

That acan looks great! I recently moved my acan a bit further down the rockscape and it looks a lot happier. I'm hoping that it starts popping out some new heads like yours soon.

• Like 1

That acan looks great! I recently moved my acan a bit further down the rockscape and it looks a lot happier. I'm hoping that it starts popping out some new heads like yours soon.

Mine seems to like lower light and moderate flow. It really started to take off when I started feeding each head mysis shrimp. It did not like brine shrimp at all.

Over the last five days I have watch rapid RTN on my Red Planet acro. It is not bleaching but receeding from the base.

034_zpsre0jvtv9.jpg

Tomorrow is tank maintainance day. I plan to take it out, frag off the still living tissue and reglue it to my rock work, in an effort to save it.

I hate it when things dont do well and I dont know why. It was growing and doing well since I got it about a month ago.

Might be time to start testing calcium and alk.

Bummer :(. I think in that instance you need to cut off the dead parts and put some super glue at the edge of the good and bad part to stop the receding. I've never tried it but apparently it works from what I've read. Definitely start testing your alk, ca, and mg :).

• Like 1

Bummer :(. I think in that instance you need to cut off the dead parts and put some super glue at the edge of the good and bad part to stop the receding. I've never tried it but apparently it works from what I've read. Definitely start testing your alk, ca, and mg :)

i did have one coral a while back that I bought with algae growing on it. I fragged off the bad and coated the newly cut areas with super glue and now it is all healed over and growing in those areas. I will have to test tomorrow for calcium. That is the only test kit I have right now other than the basics. Will have to purchase the others next time I am out of town near a salt water store.

When you frag it, make sure to cut it where there is good tissue so your new frag will be 100% health tissue.

Thank you. That is exactly what I was thinking too. Maybe it can be saved. Only time will tell. I really liked that one too. sigh.