Cultivated Reef

My 20 Long Journey

Mom2many

Only 5 gallon water changes! thats easy

I guess your right. Thats not to bad at all in a six gallon bucket. But I still would spend to much money on more corals. :) Love your fish choices by the way. Especially that litle school of cardinals!

I guess your right. Thats not to bad at all in a six gallon bucket. But I still would spend to much money on more corals. :) Love your fish choices by the way. Especially that litle school of cardinals!

thanks i am really digging them!

• Like 1

While I sit hear trying to be patient for my FedEx coral package to arrive...I will share a few more before and after photos.

My duncan cluster consisted of two plugs. One with one head in the front and one with two heads in the back. Now they have new baby heads all around them and growing. When the oldest heads are open and happy they are at least three inches with all their tentecles spread out.

post-87944-0-74803200-1437678326_thumb.jpg post-87944-0-59081500-1437678393_thumb.jpg

This little frag is one of my favoites in my tank. I love his teal and green coloration and his very fuzzy polyp extention that is always out and happy. When I got him he was in the fish store under blue lights and fuzzy. When I got him home I could see he had algea taking over several of his little arms. So I trimed them down and super glued over them. The skin has healed over all the trimmed areas but this front one that is slowly about to close. I have to blow bubbles off the healing place every day with my turkey baster. It should finish closing in a few more days.

post-87944-0-24328700-1437678855_thumb.jpg post-87944-0-50102000-1437679225_thumb.jpg

Several months ago I had been searching for an ORA green polyped toad stool and finally found a very small cutting of one at a store in Marietta. He has grown a lot but has still not taken the shape of a traditioanal toad stool yet. Getting there. :) I have given him the whole back corner of my tank so he can be viewed very well from anyone sitting in the living room looking toward that end of the tank.

post-87944-0-10434700-1437679571_thumb.jpg post-87944-0-65982400-1437679710_thumb.jpg

Still no package... I guess I will leave you with a picture of my sons very cute stinck pot turtle out sunning himself today. He looks like he is smileing and enjoying himself!

post-87944-0-68505300-1437679989_thumb.jpg post-87944-0-54472200-1437680090_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

A little down today. Fedex messed up the coral delivery. It was suposed to be here yesterday morning and still has not come. I am not sad for me but for the coral and little urchin inside. I dont see how they could have survived two days..and part of that in this deep south heat in a Memphis warehouse. sigh.

Fedex is going to make it right with the dealer. And the dealer, it is so not his fault. Is willing to do whatever I want. Replace or refund. The three corals were wysiwyg. So dont know about replacing those. And the urchin I ordered because of his size. He was only one inch and would have fit well in my small tank.

How hard is it to deliver a box to the right address. Fedex used to be perfect but has screwed up two of my recent orders, thankfully both were not livestock. :(

• Like 1
HarryPotter

A little down today. Fedex messed up the coral delivery. It was suposed to be here yesterday morning and still has not come. I am not sad for me but for the coral and little urchin inside. I dont see how they could have survived two days..and part of that in this deep south heat in a Memphis warehouse. sigh.

Fedex is going to make it right with the dealer. And the dealer, it is so not his fault. Is willing to do whatever I want. Replace or refund. The three corals were wysiwyg. So dont know about replacing those. And the urchin I ordered because of his size. He was only one inch and would have fit well in my small tank.

Aww man that stinks! :(

• Like 1

How hard is it to deliver a box to the right address. Fedex used to be perfect but has screwed up two of my recent orders, thankfully both were not livestock. :(

I know. The guy in SoCal paid to have it to my house by thrusday morning. So this is just rediculously late. I feel very badly about it all. Not for me but for the animals. I looked at the tracking and it is almost to my house. But two days in that heat...

Aww man that stinks! :(

I am very upset about it. I thought Fedex was suposed to be so great. You think when something says live animals on it, it would be treated urgently.

Well...my order just arrived now. Sigh. Doing my best to slowly.aclimate them all. I dont know how hot of temps they had to endure yesterday but right now the water they were in is warmer than I keep my tank. I keep my tank at a steady 79. The water they came in was 81 but I bet it was warmer than that yesterday. The guy...Danny packed them very well. He threw in a branching hammer and an extra birds nest. Hope they all make it. The urchin is moving around a little so that is a good sign.

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

Well...my order just arrived now. Sigh. Doing my best to slowly.aclimate them all. I dont know how hot of temps they had to endure yesterday but right now the water they were in is warmer than I keep my tank. I keep my tank at a steady 79. The water they came in was 81 but I bet it was warmer than that yesterday. The guy...Danny packed them very well. He threw in a branching hammer and an extra birds nest. Hope they all make it. The urchin is moving around a little so that is a good sign.

praying they somehow made it through the heat!! Im so sorry that happened. it's so frustrating when it's out of our control like that. At least there's some signs of life. Hammers have always been hardy in my experience... and my tuxedo urchins. I hope yours pulls through!! Maybe the good packing was their saving grace!

• Like 1

praying they somehow made it through the heat!! Im so sorry that happened. it's so frustrating when it's out of our control like that. At least there's some signs of life. Hammers have always been hardy in my experience... and my tuxedo urchins. I hope yours pulls through!! Maybe the good packing was their saving grace!

Thank you so much. It was frustrating and upsetting. I was hoping beyond hope they would come late into the night as I have had medical supplies delivered by FedEx as late at 8:30 pm before. I kept thinking of them setting in a hot warehouse or in the back of a truck somewhere. According to the tracking, they arrived fine in Memphis from Southern California by 3:57 am Thursday morning. I kept checking for progress all day as it should have come straight to me from there by late morning. We live in very north GA. Finally something was posted on their site that they left Memphis TN at 1:08 PM!! So I figured it would still be here in six hours or so. sigh. Nope...Didnt come till late morning today. And they guy rang the bell and left the box on my porch rail! He was headed down the drive by the time I got to the door. I have taken my time aclimating them and so far they all look ok. I am so grateful to God. I was worried I was going to open up a box of slimmy soup like my Reef2Go order. It made me just so sick and sad to see animals like in that order. I am just so grateful that so far they all look ok. Thank you again for the prayers.

• Like 1

Finally have everything aclimated and in. They all look no worse for the wear for now. I think all will be well with them.

Blue and Red tuxedo urchin.

post-87944-0-92587000-1437760149_thumb.jpg

Two dark pink birdsnest and a green bali slimmer. He gave me a second birds nest. I only ordered one.

post-87944-0-82896500-1437760228_thumb.jpgpost-87944-0-82896500-1437760228_thumb.jpg

A branching hammer that he threw in and the Red Planet I ordered.

post-87944-0-88416400-1437760290_thumb.jpg

I normally do not like things on my sandbed at all for long. But I know these have been thru a ruff two days. How long do you think I should leave them there before moving them up to where I wish to place them? My lighting is pretty low PAR compared to where they came from I bet.

post-87944-0-68296000-1437760399_thumb.jpg

• Like 4
HarryPotter

Finally have everything aclimated and in. They all look no worse for the wear for now. I think all will be well with them.

Blue and Red tuxedo urchin.

attachicon.gif92.jpg

Two dark pink birdsnest and a green bali slimmer. He gave me a second birds nest. I only ordered one.

attachicon.gif94.jpgattachicon.gif94.jpg

A branching hammer that he threw in and the Red Planet I ordered.

attachicon.gif95.jpg

I normally do not like things on my sandbed at all for long. But I know these have been thru a ruff two days. How long do you think I should leave them there before moving them up to where I wish to place them? My lighting is pretty low PAR compared to where they came from I bet.

attachicon.gif93.jpg

Thats amazing that they made it! Where did you order from again?

• Like 1

I am amazed as well. I thought for sure the urchin would be dead but all seems to be well. I orded on Ebay from a guy named Danny. At SoCalaquafarms. He was very upstanding and professional thru the whole ordeal. Sent freebees which is always nice. And packed everything super well. I ordered from him because he had a good rating and he had several of the items I had been looking for locally and could not find. I wrote him as a few items had ended and he relisted the buy it now price lower than his precious asking price as I was getting several things. I can't say enough good about him. Was not his fault FedEx messed up and I am grateful to God all the livestock was ok thru it all.

• Like 2

Everything looks perfect and 79 to 81 is fine, it was a gradual warm up. They're all glamorous looking additions.

Thank you. Just went from room to room and tucked all my sleeping children in bed for the night and sat and watched everything in the tank under the moon lights. All looks well. The little urchin is roaming the tank with stuff already stuck all over him so I guess he is ok and happy. I see some small polyp extention on the corals so that is good. I think at this point everything is going to be fine. I am just so very grateful.

Amazing, look at that slimers green. Whew!!

It is very green and is just glowing tonight under my moon lights. Now to take a few days and decide where to put everyone. Hmmmm...

• Like 3

Glad to hear it all turned out. Sometimes they are stronger than what we give them credit for. Great, I just realized I ended with a preposition, twice. Not usually the way I work. I better improve my writing skills for my local forum. ha ha.

• Like 2

Glad to hear it all turned out. Sometimes they are stronger than what we give them credit for. Great, I just realized I ended with a preposition, twice. Not usually the way I work. I better improve my writing skills for my local forum. ha ha.

Thank you! Surely you are not going to watch your grammer and sentense structure as a moderator?!! You write great. You should see some of the writing skills of people who write me about goats I have for sale on Craigs List. whew! Sometimes I need help decifering. I am sure you have seen I am a terrible speller. If it wernt for spell check I'd be in big trouble. Still cant figure out how to spell check on here yet.

They all look wonderful! So glad they got in ok

Thank you. They all seem to be fine praise God. The hammer has not puffed up as much as it should yet but everything else has had their polyps out. I love the little urchin but have not seen him eat yet. You were so right...much less distructive than the pincussion. I like him so much already. Thanks for the good advice.

I cleaned my tank this morning, as I always do on Sunday mornings and put all the new frags where I wanted them...for now. Some times as I look at the tank over time I move things around but I am happy with it all for now. I have a few frags I am getting rid of that these new ones took the place of. I hate things in my sandbed so just stuck them all over the rock work for now. I have a friend that takes all the ones I dont want and either keeps them or trades them in at a fish store for credit. She is my sons theraputic massage therapist that comes on Tuesdays. So they ones I dont want should be gone on Tuesday.

Can't even tell they were delayed! OMG...they are all gorgeous!!!!!

I have more issues with FedEx and live packages too.

Its been two days now since I got them so Praise God I believe they are going to be fine. I love the intense pink of the new birds nest. I hope it retains that color in my tank under my lighting.

I have never dealt with FedEx with live deliveries so this was very eye opening and disappointing. I dont have any really great salt store in our area. They are all an hour away and dont have really great stuff ususally unless someone locally is breaking their system down and selling it to them. I might catch them with something I have been wanting. So I have to order for the things that I really want.

My tank is pretty full now. So it would really have to be something special in order to tempt me to buy it. Except for maybe some recordia or a blasto. There is always room for a pretty ricordia somewhere. Right?

• Like 1

Its been two days now since I got them so Praise God I believe they are going to be fine. I love the intense pink of the new birds nest. I hope it retains that color in my tank under my lighting.

I have never dealt with FedEx with live deliveries so this was very eye opening and disappointing. I dont have any really great salt store in our area. They are all an hour away and dont have really great stuff ususally unless someone locally is breaking their system down and selling it to them. I might catch them with something I have been wanting. So I have to order for the things that I really want.

My tank is pretty full now. So it would really have to be something special in order to tempt me to buy it. Except for maybe some recordia or a blasto. There is always room for a pretty ricordia somewhere. Right?

That's what I say...always room for a mushroom! Yes, the colors are very intense on your corals :). I'll have to check out that eBay seller just to see what he is selling. I appreciate a good eBay seller :).
  • Like 1