ReefCleaners.org

My 20 Long Journey

Mom2many

It will be a week tomorrow since I recived my order from ebay (SoCal Aquafarms). The urchin seems happy and is decorating himself with little tidbits all the time. I have been really enjoying him. He has not been distructive at all like my pincussion urchin was. Here he is crusing behind some frags.

post-87944-0-47817200-1438291636_thumb.jpg

I have slowly moved the new corals where I wanted them to go and did a little rearanging.

The slimmer.

post-87944-0-15749400-1438291690_thumb.jpg

The pink birdsnest

post-87944-0-91135400-1438291742_thumb.jpg

Here is the free branching hammer that was sent. I just stuck him over here for now. I usally cant keep any of these type corals for long in my tank as they quickly reach out and touch someone in such a small crowded tank.

post-87944-0-79838600-1438291832_thumb.jpg

I also fragged a branching poccilapora. I was not happy with its placement or shape, so kept two pieces to fill in some holes for now. I will see how they grow.

Here is my new full tank shot.

post-87944-0-68079700-1438291987_thumb.jpg

Here is the newest shot of my left hand Island

post-87944-0-96141300-1438291368_thumb.jpg

This is the best shot I could get with my cell phone of the right Island.

post-87944-0-31742000-1438291518_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

You sure have a wonderful eye for color. Just gorgeous yellows, greens, pinks. You're making it look easy!!

Your to kind. It is a great hobby and all of Gods creations are so beautiful. Just put them in a tank and they are awesome! Hows your little betta doing?

What Annette said! It's a masterpiece :wub:.

Thank you so very much. :) I wish I had a better camera. I only have my cell phone and the colors are just so much brighter in person. Yours, Annettes and so many others pictures always look so professional. So many pretty tanks on this sight. I love looking at them all.

• Like 1

Your tank is gourgeous! I just read the last few pages of your thread and am so thankful that your delayed order was ok and that the animals seem to have come through their ordeal. I like you scape and your choice of God's creatures! Very nice.

• Like 1

Your tank is gourgeous! I just read the last few pages of your thread and am so thankful that your delayed order was ok and that the animals seem to have come through their ordeal. I like you scape and your choice of God's creatures! Very nice.

Thank you so very much! I love your combined set up. Beautiful reef and such a very pretty sea horse tank. I love sea horses and have looked at the rider site many times. It is so tempting but I know I could never keep up with all the work to really do the best by them. The combined set up you have is genius. Benifits both systems. :)

I have something weird growing out of my green clove polyps colony. I have had this colony for about four months and it was not there when I bought it. It has slowly grown out of this colony and I thought it was a pink sponge at first but it does not act like or look like a sponge now. It is almost an inch and a half tall and flat. Fuzzy and a very pretty color pink. At the bottom of the colony you can see another very pale one starting to grow. The second one is less than a cenimeter tall right now. It grows very slowly and does not seem to be bothering the colony at all. They brush up against it all the time. I like it and am going to let it grow if it is not a harmful thing. Anyone had one grow in their tank in the past?

post-87944-0-70406500-1438366457_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It looks like cotton candy algae, but the growth pattern is pretty bizarre! Usually that stuff just clumps in a round shape. Maybe flow and lighting is forcing it into that shape?

• Like 1

I'm going to stick with cotton candy algae. And I would pull it. But do that with flow off and have a vacuum of sorts to grab the little bits so they don't travel to other areas of your tank!

• Like 1

It looks like cotton candy algae, but the growth pattern is pretty bizarre! Usually that stuff just clumps in a round shape. Maybe flow and lighting is forcing it into that shape?

I dont know? I have moved it twice so I dont know that current would have anything to do with it and the new little one growing looks the same as this big one did when it was small. I will have to look Cotton Candy algae up! Not heard of that one! The closest thing I have come to finding on the internet is under the sticky note for this site. Under identification. Something they call a foraminiferans? But mine looks a good bit different from even that one. Weird stuff grows in the ocean for sure! and finds their way into our tanks!

I'm going to stick with cotton candy algae. And I would pull it. But do that with flow off and have a vacuum of sorts to grab the little bits so they don't travel to other areas of your tank!

Looked up Cotton Candy Algae. Kind of pretty but not good to have. Boy, you know about a lot of tank stuff. I moved it recently and had it out of the aquarium to super glue the colony into place and it is stiff and I can bend it. At that point I realized it was not a sponge as there were no spouts on it at all and it did not die being exposed to air for the time it took for the super glue to set up.

• Like 1

My betta, is doing well. His water gets changed out Sunday. I'll get a picture up at that time.

Can't wait to see him! He is a pretty one. Do you have a heater on his tank?

• Like 1

Looked up Cotton Candy Algae. Kind of pretty but not good to have. Boy, you know about a lot of tank stuff. I moved it recently and had it out of the aquarium to super glue the colony into place and it is stiff and I can bend it. At that point I realized it was not a sponge as there were no spouts on it at all and it did not die being exposed to air for the time it took for the super glue to set up.

If it's stiff it's not cotton candy algae. Sounds like a sponge type of thing and not an algae. I might hang onto it to identify it before getting rid of it. Sounds kinda cool :D.

• Like 1

If it's stiff it's not cotton candy algae. Sounds like a sponge type of thing and not an algae. I might hang onto it to identify it before getting rid of it. Sounds kinda cool :D.

Yes, it is stiff, bends and feels like memory foam to be honest. :) It is a bit fuzzy and i have watched it slowly grow over the last three months or so. I grows slowly. At first I thought it was a new clove polyp but when it did not get a flower and kept growing taller I knew it wasnt that. It is really strange.

I did thoughly research the cotten candy algea after you mentioned it. Wow that stuff is a beast to get rid of. I Pray I never get it in my tank. I think if what I have was that I would have a lot more of it by now and also it is not billowly like in the pictures. So I think we have ruled that out.

Unless someone tells me it is dangerous to my tank I think I will let it be for now, until like you say...someone can identify it. Might turn into something cool looking. :)

• Like 1

Can't wait to see him! He is a pretty one. Do you have a heater on his tank?

No, i keep it consistent between 70 and then up to 76 when I'm not home. When I move down the line, after a little bit, I'll try to put him in a glass 5 g or something where I can put a tiny filter in back and keep it consistent.

• Like 1

It really sounds like a SPONGE!!!! That's a cool HH :happydance:.

We will go with sponge than and see how it grows. I will let it be for now. :)

• Like 1

I've decided to rehome my dendro. :( I have so many children, that take so much of my time, I just dont have the time to sit by my tank encouraging it to eat and then protecting it from getting the food taken. I used to feed it in a bowl and that was very time consuming as well but at least I didnt have to babysit it. I have tried the covering it with a coke bottle and it is still causing me issues. I made the decission last night, that now that it is healthy, I am just going to find him a new home. He is causing me to much stress. I am pretty pleased with everything else in the tank right now. By rehoming my dendro it will also cut way down on the amount of food I put into the tank as it only grasps a fraction of food stuff I put on it. Everything else in the tank is pretty easy to feed so I am content with this decission. I need to come up with somethings to put in the darker areas of my tank in the caves. Do tube anemones grow very slow? Maybe a feather duster.

Here is one of my goats from the kids crop this spring. She was named by my daughter. Her name is Carmelpie. She was bottle fed and is very sweet. I kept her because of her intense blue eyes.

post-87944-0-59690800-1438538101_thumb.jpg

This ones name is Milky Whey. She gives about a half gallon of milk a day.

post-87944-0-93171000-1438538206_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Oh...they are soooo pretty! Alpines right? We had alpines and nubians when I was a kid. I love goats...they are so sweet! Those blue eyes are amazing! Never seen that before!

• Like 1

Oh...they are soooo pretty! Alpines right? We had alpines and nubians when I was a kid. I love goats...they are so sweet! Those blue eyes are amazing! Never seen that before!

These are acutally pure bred Nigerian Dwarfs. Some of them have stripes on their face like the alpines do. Good guess though. I am inmpressed! I used to breed registered dairy goats for ADGA. We breed Nubians and Lamanchas. As I have gotten older I just can not handle the larger goat breeds for hoof trimming and such. Also we dont consume the amount of milk we used to years ago. So we moved to the much smaller and easier to handle Nigerian dwarfs. They remind me of little dogs. So sweet and friendly. I am hoping the little doe I retained from this years kid crop, ends up being a good milker so I can keep her. I love her blue eyes. Its not a very common trait.

Hows your shoulder feeling today? Still improving?

• Like 1

These are acutally pure bred Nigerian Dwarfs. Some of them have stripes on their face like the alpines do. Good guess though. I am inmpressed! I used to breed registered dairy goats for ADGA. We breed Nubians and Lamanchas. As I have gotten older I just can not handle the larger goat breeds for hoof trimming and such. Also we dont consume the amount of milk we used to years ago. So we moved to the much smaller and easier to handle Nigerian dwarfs. They remind me of little dogs. So sweet and friendly. I am hoping the little doe I retained from this years kid crop, ends up being a good milker so I can keep her. I love her blue eyes. Its not a very common trait.

Hows your shoulder feeling today? Still improving?

Oh..lamanchas...those are the ones that look like they had their ears cut off, right? I don't think the dwarfs were around 30 years ago..or maybe just not "popular" here. My brothers and I were in 4-H and would show them at the county fair. We had some babies too but seems like they always ended up being male and we had to get rid of them :(.
  • Like 1

Tank is looking very nice, hopefully that odd pink thing is a sponge or something besides that cotton candy algae.

I really like the rockwork on the right side, with the cliff.

• Like 1

God must have graced you with much patience and a type A personality. I don't know how you find time for everything. I know you said the kids help with chores and taking care of the animals. I'm finding it a great deal just to take care of myself, my dog, 4 tanks and a betta. But, I may have a friend's mother buying my 55g freshwater, albeit the stand which is like a beautiful piece of furniture. I don't want to take it on the move. I have enough.

• Like 1