Cultivated Reef

My 20 Long Journey

Mom2many

Harry...here are the pipes you sent to me as of this morning!

028_zpstvxoke22.jpg

025_zpsr8e8rnqr.jpg

020_zpsngydnu7u.jpg

Every day they open up a little more and look happier. My lights are not as bright as yours so we shall see if I get the growth you had. :) Love them.

While I was taking these I snapped some top downs.

My Neon Birds nest

021_zpsydxilq01.jpg

Left Island - The Outer Edge

010_zpsbcaf0f5l.jpg

The inner edge

014_zpsy4xudjah.jpg

The Valley

015_zps6seu307v.jpg

Blasto Wellsi

005_zps6uwk0amk.jpg

I love the top downs! What gorgonian is that in the 3rd photo from the top????? Is it from KPA?

• Like 1

I love the top downs! What gorgonian is that in the 3rd photo from the top????? Is it from KPA?

It is not from KP. I had looked all over for it for a while. It is a Grubes Gorgonia. They are very hardy. I was thinking I would have to find one on line but found a stray frag at a fish store south of me. I was super excited. So far it is doing very well.

You've inspired me. When I move and set up the tank I'll be finally making my screen for my 40g.

I know you can do it. You are very creative and it was a fun project. :)

• Like 2

Whoops! Yes! I just went back and looked. That one is from KP!

It is a yellow sea feather!

It looks similar to one I am eyeing from another vendor!

I know you can do it. You are very creative and it was a fun project. :)

I got frustrated trying to make mine and gave up. My husband took over LOL.

• Like 1

I am loving this grandis paly! It must really like it here as today it was HUGE! I mean, the biggest polyp had to be almost 2 1/2 inches across.

018_zpsftzi4wkz.jpg

Here it is in comparison to my pink ones across the valley enterance from it. Those pink polyps are about 3/4 of an inch each.

019_zpsj312i5nc.jpg

When I bought that frag last week it had a little polyp bud on it. That bud has now opened and has color and there is another bud growing next to it that was not there before.

016_zpss0kal8ll.jpg

Gena, here is a photo of my Yellow sea feather. It just shed and is in its prime. It has polyps along the edges. Makes it look flatish. :)

020_zpsjvstn4wa.jpg

• Like 2

Looking great! I'm glad the new screen is helping with the low Ph. Your corals are probably happy with the improved oxygen transfer too. Those grandis palys are amazing!

• Like 1

Looking great! I'm glad the new screen is helping with the low Ph. Your corals are probably happy with the improved oxygen transfer too. Those grandis palys are amazing!

Thank you so much. The Ph is much higher now so I am glad I took the time to make the screen. Thanks, I am enjoying watching them eat! They eat like an RFA. Grab stuff and just fold over on it. Too cool!

• Like 1

Glad to hear your pH went up. I look forward to moving down the line as I'll have wonderful cross breezes I don't have now as the living room windows are across from 2 bedrooms, the dining and kitchen are across from another so I'll have some nice air flow. This duplex just didn't work out well with the air flow. Those palys really must be enjoying it.

• Like 2

Glad to hear your pH went up. I look forward to moving down the line as I'll have wonderful cross breezes I don't have now as the living room windows are across from 2 bedrooms, the dining and kitchen are across from another so I'll have some nice air flow. This duplex just didn't work out well with the air flow. Those palys really must be enjoying it.

So many exciting positives to your move! Who would have thought that a screen top and opening up my house would make such a difference!

• Like 1

Gena, here is a photo of my Yellow sea feather. It just shed and is in its prime. It has polyps along the edges. Makes it look flatish. :)

020_zpsjvstn4wa.jpg

It's really nice and fluffy! I'm having a hard time determining if the one I'm eyeing is going to be what it's described as online and shown in the picture or if it's going to be like the yellow one from KPA. Both are nice, but I'd be paying more for something that should be more exotic but may not be. Maybe I'll just go for it. Either way, can't go wrong with a gorgonian :wub::).
  • Like 1

It's really nice and fluffy! I'm having a hard time determining if the one I'm eyeing is going to be what it's described as online and shown in the picture or if it's going to be like the yellow one from KPA. Both are nice, but I'd be paying more for something that should be more exotic but may not be. Maybe I'll just go for it. Either way, can't go wrong with a gorgonian :wub::).

I totally agree!!

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

Wow! SO MUCH BEAUTY! Love the little tuxedo urchin lurking in the top-down photos. I'm also happy to hear about all the success with the screen tops... I'm loving mine. I started to see some rust on it, but I went to home depot and bought a can of "Rust-oleum" and sprayed it down... no more issues. It was about 4 bucks I think?

Beautiful blastos... :wub:

• Like 1

Wow! SO MUCH BEAUTY! Love the little tuxedo urchin lurking in the top-down photos. I'm also happy to hear about all the success with the screen tops... I'm loving mine. I started to see some rust on it, but I went to home depot and bought a can of "Rust-oleum" and sprayed it down... no more issues. It was about 4 bucks I think?

Beautiful blastos... :wub:

Thank you! I am liking the screen top for so many reasons. I dose, top off and do some feedings straight thru one of the squares on the screen top. Evaperation is a lot more but it has been a good trade off.

• Like 2
thecoralbeauty

Thank you! I am liking the screen top for so many reasons. I dose, top off and do some feedings straight thru one of the squares on the screen top. Evaperation is a lot more but it has been a good trade off.

next purchase: ATO :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is the latest video of my tank. I have really enjoyed this tank. It is now 8 months old and I can see the origional frags I bought growing into colonies. The tank is maturing and filling in.

• Like 3
thecoralbeauty

Here is the latest video of my tank. I have really enjoyed this tank. It is now 8 months old and I can see the origional frags I bought growing into colonies. The tank is maturing and filling in.

wow so much growth!!! and it all looks so clean, too!

• Like 1

wow so much growth!!! and it all looks so clean, too!

Thanks Morgan! I will be honest and tell you I took that video after I had cleaned that morning but it is a pretty clean set up. :)

I really love your tank. The mix of corals, the gorgs, it all looks so natural with the rockscape. A+!

Thank you so much! That means a lot to me!

Love the tank! Beautifully clean. Simple and stunning.

Thank you so very much!

Photo Dump.

New Full Tank Shot.

024_zpsbt2hlhic.jpg

The Zoas my clown hosts a good deal of the time.

035_zpscd3ziz6u.jpg

This is my candy cane coral that has been burnt my my branching hammer. I have to make the decission to keep or rehome the hammer as it has put out two extra long sweepers toward my candy cane and two toward my toad stool. The toad stool is pretty far away so I am not worried right now. But if I keep the hammer I need to move the candy cane... no room!

010_zpsvd3wyq26.jpg

Long tank shot.

021_zpsurzwbzxm.jpg

My green Poccillapora that has spawned about 20 babies all over on the rockwork of my tank!

013_zpsqrxdreob.jpg

Top down to see my new pipe organ all perked up and happy.

003_zps0ep4ov0d.jpg

009_zpsrhivzipp.jpg

And the other one

010_zpsbkhnb6tk.jpg

• Like 3