ReefCleaners.org

My 20 Long Journey

Mom2many

Your pipe organ rescue looks stronger now, love the contrast w/ the dark & light of the polyps. I had a tailspot, used to hide his face behind something and give you that, I'm hiding, I'm a secret agent, you can't see me look. Really cute w/ your clown doing that.

Oh, and the pollen has been insane yest and today. You know it. The yellow across your car and if it were to rain, you'd see golden rivers down the street. A walk to your car & back from work and my voice turned froggy and I don't normally have problems with allergies. Once I was inside it went away of course. But I don't ever remember the trees looking so good, big fluffy white cherries or something. Just gorgeous.

• Like 1

Your pipe organ rescue looks stronger now, love the contrast w/ the dark & light of the polyps. I had a tailspot, used to hide his face behind something and give you that, I'm hiding, I'm a secret agent, you can't see me look. Really cute w/ your clown doing that.

Thanks! I thought it was just in my head that it was looking better. I hope it spreads and grows. I like it a lot.

I love tail spot blennies. Yours sounds like he had a cute personality. I have one in my 10 gallon and he is not really that shy unless I try to get a picture that is. :)

• Like 1

It makes me smile too :). How's the anemone crab doing? Is he still under the poci?

Thank you! The anemone crab is doing very well. He stays on the top of my left island in the poci garden and does not leave. He does go from poci to poci occasionally. I cleaned the tank this morning and here is a picture when I was finished of him. :)

081_zpsusmlr1rs.jpg

Here is my newest FTS and a few others after I cleaned the tank this morning.

056_zpsvswjncfg.jpg

068_zps9dbg2uqj.jpg

073_zps7ngfv648.jpg

• Like 3

This is just growing into such a beautiful reef. You have the touch, no doubt about it.

Thank you so much. I appreciate that!

Tank is looking better and better!

Thank you! I love how colorful your tank is! I am hoping to sell one of my Nigerian Dwarf goats in April and then take that money and put in an order to Vivid Aquariums. I have been wanting a Ponape for a very long time.

• Like 1

Thank you! I love how colorful your tank is! I am hoping to sell one of my Nigerian Dwarf goats in April and then take that money and put in an order to Vivid Aquariums. I have been wanting a Ponape for a very long time.

That is something you don't hear in normal conversation. I love it! Love this crazy forum and all it's wonderful, unique people. Gonna sell my goat for a saltwater order.

• Like 1

That is something you don't hear in normal conversation. I love it! Love this crazy forum and all it's wonderful, unique people. Gonna sell my goat for a saltwater order.

I didn't think a thing about it when I wrote it... but now that you mention it...it does sound funny! :)

But in all reality. This pure bred Nigerian Dwarf goat is pregnant and due in April.

2013-03-12%2014.02.38a_zpszshyknhl.jpg

When she has her babies in a few weeks, I have a waiting list for people wanting to buy babies from my does. So the babies are sold already once they are born. I am using that money to buy hay. :) And this year I am selling that mother. So because she is a pure bred doe with papers and just freshened for this milking season, she can be sold for between $300 and $500 dollars. :) I always ask on the low end to ensure a quick sale.

Yup I guess you are right! A goat for some corals!

• Like 1

That's great that you have those as "growing" income, they just have at it and you make some money. Though I think I'd get too attached! Nice way to support the reefing.

• Like 1

That's great that you have those as "growing" income, they just have at it and you make some money. Though I think I'd get too attached! Nice way to support the reefing.

I actually only keep goats to have milk for my many special children. I try to only keep four or five does at any time to keep cost down. I decided to keep one of the little does born this spring. She was born to my best milker.

133_zpsehe1i4zt.jpg

So someone else needs to go. We only have so much pasture. I do get attached, as we bottle feed the babies that we do decide to keep and as adults I milk them daily and spend time with them. The one I am selling is named Plenty because she give plenty of milk. She is a sweetie and will be missed. But I have to keep the best and youngest stock to get the most milk.

When I sell babies or an occational adult, it does give me money for my tanks without taking from my families budget. :)

Here is a picture of my daughter bringing up the goats from our pasture to the barn to be milked in the evening. We call it the running of the goats. She runs and they just run with her up to the barn. :)

2013-04-20%2015.41.05_zpsqh47wrgo.jpg

• Like 1

In tank news my red planet that RTNed a few months back and I fragged off the good...It has decided to start to grow new tips and be happier. It is finally showing some color as well.

033_zpsrgzivfhg.jpg

And my huge colony of green zoas that were melting away are truly making a comeback. I am so relieved. I was sad they were melting away so fast. More and more heads are growing back from the grey flesh that was left of them.

049_zpsjofdra0o.jpg

Such a cute baby goat.

Thanks! I could not help but to keep her. She is from my best milker and as cute and strong as can be. My daughter named her panda. She is still being bottle fed.

• Like 2

I just realized one thing I really like that you do for your tank, is you end the rock ends with corals spilling over so you don't see the end of the rock. It's just a nice extension of the rock.

• Like 2

This is just growing into such a beautiful reef. You have the touch, no doubt about it.

Agreed!

The poci garden is fabulous! I love the mix of colors :).

• Like 1

Agreed!

The poci garden is fabulous! I love the mix of colors :).

Thank you Gena! Now if I can just control the baby poci's from popping up all over my little reef. :)

• Like 1

Thank you Gena! Now if I can just control the baby poci's from popping up all over my little reef. :)

Have they already spawned for you? I think it's cool :).
  • Like 1

Have they already spawned for you? I think it's cool :).

Yes! They have been since the first week I got them a long time ago. I have to constatnly work at keeping the babies at bay. They are every where. I have to scrape them off, use aptasia X or repeatedly scrub them with a stiff tooth brush to kill them. They are very well attached to the rock or I would crack or pop them off and move them to my 10 gallon to grow out. They do grow fairly slowly so not to huge of a deal unless one tries to grow in a hard to get to spot or under a well establised hard coral so I can not get to it.

I do like having them in my tank so I just deal with the constant spawning. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally had enough of the bad boy hammer in this tank. He can not seem to keep his tentacles to himself and is always stinging someone. So, even though I loved his beauty...I took him out, gathered up all my frags that were growing out in my 10 gallon and my husband took me to Atlanta last weekend to go shopping.

I got this white and green pipe organ...

018_zpsgajdpowy.jpg

028_zpsw81sp2gg.jpg

This deep purple birdsnest, is what it was listed as...

023_zpsqyojehce.jpg

This tiny, tiny flowerpot frag from the bargain bin...

062_zpsoeolgbfh.jpg

And then to try to fill in the HUGE void where my hammer was, several fast growing duncan frags...

046_zpsdscmlnbh.jpg

044_zps7ojnwhzk.jpg

I figure as they grow and fill in that area I will crack off what is to much and take it back in for credit as larger colonies.

My tank definitely looks a bit empty to me now. So I will be patient and enjoy watching things fill in once again. :)

032_zpse0rlwcff.jpg

• Like 1

Really jealous of your Red Planet. :)

Hopefully that Alveopora grows fast, that can fill some space when happy.

:) For so many people saying that Red Planet was pretty easy I have had issues with mine. I hope its troubles are over and it can now grow out for me. Right now it is putting out new tips everywhere.

The LFS showed me the mother colony of the little alveopora I got. The mother was in the stores display tank. The owner had picked it up to move it to a different part of the tank and that little baby was in the sand next to it. I would love for it to grow up to be like its parent. It was gorgeous. Right now it really is itty bitty.

• Like 1