ReefCleaners.org

Bad Hombre Cantina (yes I have a fish tank)

Sancho

1 minute ago, Sancho said:

@banasophia scolys are hard to kill. If anyone can keep one you could. But $200 is a bit much....I’m a cheep reefer $100 is my limit for any single piece 

Sure glad I didnt charge you then :lol:

I have paid over that for a few pieces.........Hell one polyp of hallucinations was 100.......but sold probably 500 worth since I bought it so it paid for itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Sancho said:

@banasophia scolys are hard to kill. If anyone can keep one you could. But $200 is a bit much....I’m a cheep reefer $100 is my limit for any single piece 

Thanks for your vote of confidence. 🤗 I just have to be careful cuz there are lots of things that would not do well with the high nitrates/phosphates in the Biocube and the less powerful lights, and I have a more powerful light and lower nutrients in the Nuvo 10, but little space on the sandbed. And yeah, $100 has been my limit as well... 

What do your nitrates and phosphates run in your tank? 

3 minutes ago, spectra said:

Sure glad I didnt charge you then :lol:

I have paid over that for a few pieces.........Hell one polyp of hallucinations was 100.......but sold probably 500 worth since I bought it so it paid for itself.

Pays to know people like you :flower: the box you sent was awesome. I seriously can’t thank you enough....

• Like 2
Just now, banasophia said:

What do your nitrates and phosphates run in your tank? 

I’m a bad lazy reefer for the last year or so 😬 I’ve become frustrated and complacent and haven’t tested in a long while. When I was testing and had every nuisance algae growing the testing never jived with the conditions I was experiencing. So I stopped and now all my test stuff is well expired. Starting to get into this again now that I don’t have a GHA dominated tank so probably gonna invest in some new test kits

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Sancho said:

Pays to know people like you :flower: the box you sent was awesome. I seriously can’t thank you enough....

No problem I am glad that most survived..........to bad the other shroom melted.........

I get tired of dealing with local fish geeks.......thats why anymore I just take it to the LFS and trade......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

I didn’t expect them to look this good. 🤗

Me either....it’s odd they perked up pretty quick after I cut the dead portions off

• Like 1
A Little Blue
12 minutes ago, Sancho said:

Me either....it’s odd they perked up pretty quick after I cut the dead portions off

Infected? Sometimes you need to go World War Z on it. Seems like it helped. Good call. 

9CAC82F6-7B0E-4AED-AE95-6E9B7B7BE667.gif.a553ea7b5f7862006b2999c320c0fb8e.gif

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Infected? Sometimes you need to go World War Z on it. Seems like it helped. Good call. 

9CAC82F6-7B0E-4AED-AE95-6E9B7B7BE667.gif.a553ea7b5f7862006b2999c320c0fb8e.gif

Haha nice Blue, that was exactly what I was thinking about when he cut it today!!! 🤣🤣🤣  I love that movie.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sancho said:

Couple more shots 

0E9E8FDF-E6D2-4DCD-8E01-5BDB242DC632.jpeg

4AEF08A9-2953-4CCD-AEBB-588A0DB9E7E8.jpeg

Wow, your tank looks great, and the sponge looks really happy again already!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I come home almost every day and the toadstool is all closed up...I’ve caught my emerald crab a few times using it as his personal bed 🙄 now I’m convinced he’s molestering the toadstool and just ignoring the bubble algae it was procured to get rid of....lazy bastard 

64B814EA-116F-49ED-8A68-BAF8AF5C218A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

In the crabs defense it did turn around and was standing on it crab tippy toes trying to reach out and get the morsels of bubbly algae goodness behind it....couldn’t get a good pic though 

C08005B9-AEC4-4211-B01F-0A3680D2E94B.jpeg

So I come home almost every day and the toadstool is all closed up...I’ve caught my emerald crab a few times using it as his personal bed 🙄 now I’m convinced he’s molestering the toadstool and just ignoring the bubble algae it was procured to get rid of....lazy bastard 

64B814EA-116F-49ED-8A68-BAF8AF5C218A.jpeg

Put him in the washing machine. Problem solved. 🤷🏻‍♀️😁

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1

woke up this morning and the bubble algae was gone 🤗 crabs a crafty mofo...guess it’s just camera shy 

9624F808-55D8-48FC-98A7-308D34BAC569.jpeg

Yay for the crab!!! And your toadstool is gorgeous! 😍

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Yay for the crab!!! And your toadstool is gorgeous! 😍

Crab seemed determined last night...I waited and waited to get that ####er getting the bubble algae on video or at least a good pic of it reaching out to get it...however every time I got near the tank the assclown stopped and gave me that what you looking at look...it was awesome to see the bubble algae gone in the morning though. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Nursecop818 said:

How does one “molester” something? 🤔🤔

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5c91b6117834673159

Well I don’t think the toadstool is happy or wanting to be touched be the crab....🙄 could be wrong though....some ocean creatures have weird symbiotic relationships 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
17 minutes ago, Sancho said:

Well I don’t think the toadstool is happy or wanting to be touched be the crab....🙄 could be wrong though....some ocean creatures have weird symbiotic relationships 🤷‍♂️

It's not "molesting" if they enjoy it and are willing.... but I'm not sure about that whole "molestering" deal. 😉

• Haha 4
52 minutes ago, Nursecop818 said:

It's not "molesting" if they enjoy it and are willing.... but I'm not sure about that whole "molestering" deal. 😉

It’s my thread I can make up words 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5