inTank Media Baskets

StellaBlue's da Vinci Cube - RETIRED

ReefWeeds

Nanofreak79

White balance does nothing for you since you use RAW and lightroom.

I don't always shoot in RAW and my practice pics look great compared to not having white balance set, which makes everything blue and shitty. I don't want to spend time in Lightroom fixing white balance. Idk, from everything I've read changing white balance is a how to fix it type recommendation. So I should use regular P or AV and set my iso and f stop then just shoot blue pics in raw?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

I don't always shoot in RAW and my practice pics look great compared to not having white balance set, which makes everything blue and shitty. I don't want to spend time in Lightroom fixing white balance. Idk, from everything I've read changing white balance is a how to fix it type recommendation. So I should use regular P or AV and set my iso and f stop then just shoot blue pics in raw?

Gotcha. P is Program mode, which auto sets aperture and shutter, which usually isn't what you want, so I would stick to shutter or aperture priority modes (Tv and Av, respectively). If you set your white balance to 4000K or something similar to that in your camera, then when you snap a picture, it will not have the heavy blue tone in the camera preview, and when you import to Lightroom, the white balance setting will be ignored and it will show you the raw data. Then if it doesn't look correct, only adjust the color temperature slider, and it will pretty much get things looking right with only that one change. If an image is a fuzz too dark, you can bump the exposure up half a stop in lightroom without doing too much damage to the photo.

This is a photo raw from the camera.

IMG_1927-3.jpg

This is after changing the color temperature slider and half a stop exposure.

IMG_1927.jpg

Gotcha. P is Program mode, which auto sets aperture and shutter, which usually isn't what you want, so I would stick to shutter or aperture priority modes (Tv and Av, respectively). If you set your white balance to 4000K or something similar to that in your camera, then when you snap a picture, it will not have the heavy blue tone in the camera preview, and when you import to Lightroom, the white balance setting will be ignored and it will show you the raw data. Then if it doesn't look correct, only adjust the color temperature slider, and it will pretty much get things looking right with only that one change. If an image is a fuzz too dark, you can bump the exposure up half a stop in lightroom without doing too much damage to the photo.

This is a photo raw from the camera.

IMG_1927-3.jpg

This is after changing the color temperature slider and half a stop exposure.

IMG_1927.jpg

The Ritteri!!!!

I meant to post this up here before and forgot. I've seen a few posts of people having trouble keeping temp down in their tanks during the summer and I was having the same problem. The biocube definitely runs cooler with the NanoBox LEDs, but I had trouble keeping the temp below 80 when it started getting really warm (we don't have central air). I picked up this little fan on Amazon and ever since running it, I've had NO problem keeping temp at a steady 78 - even when ambient temp gets above that in the room. Evaporation works wonders.

E5sU4rH.jpg

Oh! I have 2 of those, you're looked different somehow. Hmm.

Probably because I have it upside down? Do you like yours? How long have you had them?

I meant to post this up here before and forgot. I've seen a few posts of people having trouble keeping temp down in their tanks during the summer and I was having the same problem. The biocube definitely runs cooler with the NanoBox LEDs, but I had trouble keeping the temp below 80 when it started getting really warm (we don't have central air). I picked up this little fan on Amazon and ever since running it, I've had NO problem keeping temp at a steady 78 - even when ambient temp gets above that in the room. Evaporation works wonders.

E5sU4rH.jpg

Nice little mod stella!

Ages and ages. I have one in the sump right now.

I really like how quiet it is! I also wasn't expecting it to keep the temp so steady -

I really like how quiet it is! I also wasn't expecting it to keep the temp so steady -

Looks nice! I do the same with a spare PC fan! Amazing how well it works!

Well, my Tunze ATO kicked the bucket yesterday. The pump part. I realized last night that I hadn't heard the trickle of top off water for a bit. Checked it and the pump was trying to pump, but wasn't working. It must've died sometime yesterday am as about a half gallon of water needed to be added to the tank. I actually did it slowly. Put about a couple cups of rodi in, checked salinity, added some brackish and then let it sit. Added some more brackish overnight. Salinity is back at about 1.025, it had actually only climbed to 1.026 by the time I caught it. Now, since I bought the ATO on amazon, I need to figure out the number to call at Tunze. What a PITA, especially since I'm relying on evaporation to keep the tank temp steady right not.

Well, my Tunze ATO kicked the bucket yesterday. The pump part. I realized last night that I hadn't heard the trickle of top off water for a bit. Checked it and the pump was trying to pump, but wasn't working. It must've died sometime yesterday am as about a half gallon of water needed to be added to the tank. I actually did it slowly. Put about a couple cups of rodi in, checked salinity, added some brackish and then let it sit. Added some more brackish overnight. Salinity is back at about 1.025, it had actually only climbed to 1.026 by the time I caught it. Now, since I bought the ATO on amazon, I need to figure out the number to call at Tunze. What a PITA, especially since I'm relying on evaporation to keep the tank temp steady right not.

I'll go talk to tunze for ya ;) hahaha

I'll go talk to tunze for ya ;) hahaha

Well, I got it working. I had taken it apart and put it back together last night and that didn't work. But for some reason, it worked about an hour ago. So I got it working, but not sure how long it will work for! the pump sounds weird.

Good thought! I did not try that. I will though. Maybe crap built up.

Good show darlin it'll prob simmer it down if not make sure the impeller and all are aligned just right

Good show darlin it'll prob simmer it down if not make sure the impeller and all are aligned just right

Good lord. Let's hope I don't need to mess with the impeller - hahaha :)

thecoralbeauty

And some hidden cup corals :wub:

WsktgsJ.jpg

Here's the spongodes:

qn4Vga3.jpg

And a shot of the "caps corner"

eko8o8T.jpg

Mona hanging out under the toadstool:

9pBEhEM.jpg

Mona and Vit furiously cleaning off the seachem badge.

QwI6T6I.jpg

soCqDNH.jpg

AND a few growth shots:

The poci on 4/16/2015 and the poci today:

u6lliiZ.jpg

6hoUEyw.jpg

been a while since i caught up. looking great!!! and hey, my photos are more horrendous than yours. lol

Well, the pump died again. Talked with Roger at Tunze. He thinks the pump is bad so he's sending out a new one. Great service!

That pocillipora has really nice growth! And teddy bear fuzzy

I love pocillopora! I really like the shapes and how fuzzy they get!

I love pocillopora! I really like the shapes and how fuzzy they get!

I have a reddish pink one in my tank really starting to get clubbed out now. They are cool.

Archived