SaltCritters.com

StellaBlue's da Vinci Cube - RETIRED

ReefWeeds

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every time I see that I think great a power outage!

Me too! So far so good.

Hope you are surviving the storm...and hopefully NO power outage!

Had some hail for a bit but seems to be mostly over now!

I want to be a generator as a precaution someday. Storms always make me nervous because of the fish tank.

I agree. We've actually been meaning to get one ever since ours died right BEFORE hurricane Sandy.

I agree. We've actually been meaning to get one ever since ours died right BEFORE hurricane Sandy.

I want to get a Diesel Generator, but they are so pricey! : (

I want to get a Diesel Generator, but they are so pricey! : (

They are for sure. And we always think of it at about this time of year - storm time. No deals to be had. I wish I would remember to start looking in December or something.

The larger of my two cleaner shrimp decided to have a massive egg hatching event and all the inhabitants, including the coral, LOVED it. Caught some of it on video.

I caught the one in the back still hatching babies as well.

HarryPotter

The larger of my two cleaner shrimp decided to have a massive egg hatching event and all the inhabitants, including the coral, LOVED it. Caught some of it on video.

I caught the one in the back still hatching babies as well.

"This Video is Private"?

Hmm I thought you could only keep one Cleaner Shrimp per tank... My dad told me that. It would be pretty cool to have two like you do!

Oh really? let me change the settings! I'm a YouTube dummy.

Nah, you can have more than one. They generally congregate together is my understanding. I got these guys and added them at the same time so not sure if you need to get them young and add them together or not. They're a mated pair now.

Ok, try now! I updated to public.

HarryPotter

Oh really? let me change the settings! I'm a YouTube dummy.

Nah, you can have more than one. They generally congregate together is my understanding. I got these guys and added them at the same time so not sure if you need to get them young and add them together or not. They're a mated pair now.

Ok, try now! I updated to public.

WOW! Thats a lot of babies!

Any thoughts on trying to raise a few in the sump or something? That would be pretty fun :)

WOW! Thats a lot of babies!

Any thoughts on trying to raise a few in the sump or something? That would be pretty fun :)

From what I've read, they're virtually impossible to raise. So for now, just fish food :)

From what I've read, they're virtually impossible to raise. So for now, just fish food :)

I considered attempting to raise my sexy shrimp since they always had eggs, but after reading the work involved, I decided against it. I do not blame you, free/fresh fish food!

I also looked into raising baby shrimp for food for my seahorses, (sorry kimber). It is quite a process, even for peppermint shrimp or ghost shrimp so I decided against it.

I also looked into raising baby shrimp for food for my seahorses, (sorry kimber). It is quite a process, even for peppermint shrimp or ghost shrimp so I decided against it.

I still have my polyclad flatworm cause I couldn't just kill it or let it die!!

I still have my polyclad flatworm cause I couldn't just kill it or let it die!!

You are hilarious! I freaking love that you still have that crazy monster alive because you don't know what to do with it and can't kill it - even though it almost crashed your whole tank :)

Okay, I need some help. I finally captured a video of the flatworm I have in my system. Saw another today. MUCH better rendering than my potato picture (JMB). It's about in the center of the video. Good? Bad? Next video shows it eating a NLS small fish pellet.

HarryPotter

You are hilarious! I freaking love that you still have that crazy monster alive because you don't know what to do with it and can't kill it - even though it almost crashed your whole tank :)

Okay, I need some help. I finally captured a video of the flatworm I have in my system. Saw another today. MUCH better rendering than my potato picture (JMB). It's about in the center of the video. Good? Bad? Next video shows it eating a NLS small fish pellet.

Am I a terrible person because I siphoned the evil poly flatworm right onto the gravel driveway? :lol:

When I read all that they need, I thought heck no. NOT worth it.

I think if it was smaller, I'd think of it more like a bug and easily flush it - but it's the size of my palm! Though, I do tend to save spiders if I can... ;)

Archived