inTank Media Baskets

StellaBlue's da Vinci Cube - RETIRED

ReefWeeds

Hey bug guy, what the he'll is this thing that straight up tried to murder my family.

97BC6145-9B8F-4C82-B175-00390EFE82ED.jpg

We measured. Over 5" long. 5.5 is you count antennae.

OMG!! omgomgomg Noooooooooooooooooooooooooopppppppeeeeeee!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey bug guy, what the he'll is this thing that straight up tried to murder my family.

97BC6145-9B8F-4C82-B175-00390EFE82ED.jpg

We measured. Over 5" long. 5.5 is you count antennae.

what the heck is that monster?

Too many spiders in this thread... /runs

yeah, no kidding! I need to NEVER go back to that page.

MOOOOOR PICTURS

haha! NO FTS shots for a bit until I get things straightened out!

That is a species of wasp. I can find more info if you like. Not one that bothers people normally.

http://kittbo.blogspot.com/2011/08/giant-ichneumon-wasp-megarhyssa.html

Here you go. : )

im gonna read that link now. That thing was a beast. Between me and my brother, we are some big guys. We legitimately ran out the front door screaming. The damn thing was swooping down at us and took multiple whacks with a broom and still coming in for more.

im gonna read that link now. That thing was a beast. Between me and my brother, we are some big guys. We legitimately ran out the front door screaming. The damn thing was swooping down at us and took multiple whacks with a broom and still coming in for more.

Hairspray and a lighter, patty.

Just caught up after getting back from vacation. Let's see...we got wrath of God storms and spiders and mutant bugs from hell. Can you please post an FTS? Cause I really wanna see this tank full of all of Zia's awesome frags. Can we do that please? Kaythanksbye :)

Just caught up after getting back from vacation. Let's see...we got wrath of God storms and spiders and mutant bugs from hell. Can you please post an FTS? Cause I really wanna see this tank full of all of Zia's awesome frags. Can we do that please? Kaythanksbye :)

Haha, straight and to the point. Just aweseome. :lol:

:lol: Missed you, Teeny!!!! Ooooookkaaaay. I'll take an FTS today! And you can see the disaster of frags that this tank is right now :)

Saw one the size of a silver dollar in an architectural salvage joint here in Austin a month ago. Used to collect them an a kid...but this was biggest BY FAR I ever saw.

Ok, so you keep them as pets? Holy crap. I just got the shivers.

Ok, so you keep them as pets? Holy crap. I just got the shivers.

When I was a kid...mom knocked the whole collection with her car (was in the garage!) and I had some serious SPLAININ' to do.

Everything is bigger in Texas, I guess.

Damn straight.

Stella! I have a surprise in my Thread, it should make up for all the spiders and giant wasps..... :D

:lol: Going to check it out now!

Stella! I have a surprise in my Thread, it should make up for all the spiders and giant wasps..... :D

Oh, I will get you. You better watch out :)

You would hate what I bring home then. : (

One is my garage pet because my fiance refuses to let me keep it in the house, the other I keep in the screen porch. Would keep him in the house, but no good windows to have him make a web in.

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg Just gave him a cricket

I am sure you can guess which one stays in the garage......

HOLY CRAP!

A couple years ago, I was moving a few wood pallets in our garage and got bit by a good size spider. Not sure what kind, it ran away quickly. My whole hand swelled up! freaked me out. Like I wasn't scared enough of spiders :)

So, like, you're spiderchick now? :huh:

HOLY CRAP!

Oh no! Poor Stella has to have the spider pictures on a 3rd page! And good question, Can you make webs stella? :huh:

HOLY CRAP!

Oh no! Poor Stella has to have the spider pictures on a 3rd page! And good question, Can you make webs stella? :huh:

HA! Yeah, thanks for carrying that over, Kat :P

I'm becoming desensitized to it though so maybe this is a good thing!

Yes! I can scale tall buildings in a single bound! oh wait... wrong superhero.

Please tell me you don't wear spandex while doing these shenanigans. Poor hubby.

:lol: NO! PINK!!!

Ok, so I'm posting something cuter than bugs and spiders :)

Obx4AYL.jpg

Omg Stella in the threads list if just shows "thread is OVER..." And I was like WTF is going on?!?!

HA! Whoops!!!

:lol: NO! PINK!!!

Ok, so I'm posting something cuter than bugs and spiders :)

Obx4AYL.jpg

Now that you mentioned being over ran by bugs, I am just going to have to add to the thread. B)

I have black widows right outside the front off the porch. I never realized they were such tiny things. In NC we also have those huge spiders that are brown, and they make web tunnels.

Archived