Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

StellaBlue's da Vinci Cube - RETIRED

ReefWeeds

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey bug guy, what the he'll is this thing that straight up tried to murder my family. 97BC6145-9B8F-4C82-B175-00390EFE82ED.jpg

We measured. Over 5" long. 5.5 is you count antennae.

Ichneumonoidea, a good guy, as long as you aren't the insect host lol.

You would hate what I bring home then. : (

One is my garage pet because my fiance refuses to let me keep it in the house, the other I keep in the screen porch. Would keep him in the house, but no good windows to have him make a web in.

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg Just gave him a cricket

I am sure you can guess which one stays in the garage......

aww, little cuties. Did you give them any names? I haven't had many garden spiders this year unfortunately, winter must have been too cold, but I have thrown a 2 inch grasshopper in one particularly large web and the spider silked the hopper in a death blanket, cool stuff.

aww, little cuties. Did you give them any names? I haven't had many garden spiders this year unfortunately, winter must have been too cold, but I have thrown a 2 inch grasshopper in one particularly large web and the spider silked the hopper in a death blanket, cool stuff.

I always enjoy feeding them, The black widow does a silk -> Bite -> run and repeats until satisfied method of killing its prey. But no names. I am a poor sport when it comes to naming anything I have around.

I always enjoy feeding them, The black widow does a silk -> Bite -> run and repeats until satisfied method of killing its prey. But no names. I am a poor sport when it comes to naming anything I have around.

probably one of my favorite is grass spiders, they have the funnel of horrors, I like to put like a cricket in and the spider comes and bites, and usually runs away to bite again. Once they get the victim weakened they do a funny death hold on the back, often right behind the head and drag them in their house.

But for things like mosquitos and small game they usually just drag them away for a snack.

probably one of my favorite is grass spiders, they have the funnel of horrors, I like to put like a cricket in and the spider comes and bites, and usually runs away to bite again. Once they get the victim weakened they do a funny death hold on the back, often right behind the head and drag them in their house.

But for things like mosquitos and small game they usually just drag them away for a snack.

I know what you mean. Have this funnel web spider on the back of the house, the funnel as been getting large enough to roll a golf ball down. I tossed a horse fly into it about the size of a quarter, He sprang out, grabbed the fly and shot back into his hole. Bad A$% spider. Been 4 hours, I need to check on some snake eggs, maybe another has hatched.

I know what you mean. Have this funnel web spider on the back of the house, the funnel as been getting large enough to roll a golf ball down. I tossed a horse fly into it about the size of a quarter, He sprang out, grabbed the fly and shot back into his hole. Bad A$% spider. Been 4 hours, I need to check on some snake eggs, maybe another has hatched.

dude that's awesome :D

What kind of snakes?

Just caught up on this thread and have vomited several times in my mouth. And now will have ####ed dreams of ####ing spiders. :haha: I am skived out. urrrhhhheeerrhhlahhhhhhhhgggggrrrwhatthe####blackwidowpetserrrrrrrrrrrrr....still wretching in my skin

####

'''''''f''u'ck'''''''''''''''''

Just caught up on this thread and have vomited several times in my mouth. And now will have ####ed dreams of ####### spiders. :haha: I am skived out. urrrhhhheeerrhhlahhhhhhhhgggggrrrwhatthe####blackwidowpetserrrrrrrrrrrrr....still wretching in my skin

####

'''''''f''u'ck'''''''''''''''''

Awh..... Blame those that keep quoting the original post and bringing the pictures further into the depths of this thread. :lol:

O man stella, I checked in this morning expecting to read how your tank is being over run by pods and instead read about all sorts of creatures that they make scary movies about! BTW, I do not watch movies where there are creatures with dripping fangs that are trying to eat you, LOL. At least Franklin is cute and cuddly.

AMPHIPOD! You did NOT just bring over spiders and bugs to yet another page, did you? YUP. YUP you DID.

O man stella, I checked in this morning expecting to read how your tank is being over run by pods and instead read about all sorts of creatures that they make scary movies about! BTW, I do not watch movies where there are creatures with dripping fangs that are trying to eat you, LOL. At least Franklin is cute and cuddly.

HAHA! That's better than Harry thinking the thread was just plain over.

Yes, good thing for cuddly pups, kitties and lovable things like seahorses and such :)

Awh..... Blame those that keep quoting the original post and bringing the pictures further into the depths of this thread. :lol:

Very true, Muraki! You did only post those once and now they're carried over for what, a 4th page?? :P

####

i feel dirty need a shower. I hate spiders

You and me both :) I literally get an involuntary shiver every time I pass over those photos.

OOOOOMMMMMGGGGG. Why? Why did I read this? I freaking hate funnel web spiders. Ok, really, any kind of spiders. But funnel webs scare the CRAP out of me.

not listening. Not listening. not listening.

I have black widows right outside the front off the porch. I never realized they were such tiny things. In NC we also have those huge spiders that are brown, and they make web tunnels.

no no no. YUCK. I would be hightailing it out of there.

OOOOOMMMMMGGGGG. Why? Why did I read this? I freaking hate funnel web spiders. Ok, really, any kind of spiders. But funnel webs scare the CRAP out of me.

UGHHH... I found a second spider in my ReefCleaners rocks!! And I carried it home in my backpack!!

*disclaimer* I do not blame John for the spiders in my rocks. :flower:

UGHHH... I found a second spider in my ReefCleaners rocks!! And I carried it home in my backpack!!

*disclaimer* I do not blame John for the spiders in my rocks. :flower:

HAHA! They're the crazy tropical kind too! Now you're going to cause some weird spider outbreak up in IL.

No mo creepies. Here's my Bob Ross

IMG_20111005_104100.jpg

Nice! Did you do that???

ya

Awesome!

Okay, no more creeepy crawling pictures from me. Well not in any other threads but mine. Promise! :lol:

HA! Deal. I'm such a girl when it comes to bugs and spiders. Apparently Sancho is too.

Awesome!

HA! Deal. I'm such a girl when it comes to bugs and spiders. Apparently Sancho is too.

So is my Fiance, somehow she puts up with me. There would be a spider crawling on the floor in the house, she flips out, and I just look at it and ignore it. That doesn't always bode well with her :lol: I just tell her, she's got this!

So is my Fiance, somehow she puts up with me. There would be a spider crawling on the floor in the house, she flips out, and I just look at it and ignore it. That doesn't always bode well with her :lol: I just tell her, she's got this!

oh boy! I make my husband dispose of them. Either put them outside or squash it.

What happened in here? LOL My son and I go on black widow hunts at night with a flashlight and squish them. They are really slow lol. Im terrified of spiders that are on me but Im able to squish the ones that are on the ground. Disclaimer: Ive never had a black widow on me.

ok, so I hope this thread veers away from the spider talk. I think it's going to take more tank photos to make that happen :).

Archived