SaltCritters.com

StellaBlue's da Vinci Cube - RETIRED

ReefWeeds

I'm getting really excited for Reef-A-Palooza NY!!! Two days!

This is exciting omgomgomg

Mangroves are cool but the root system will get crazy! I had some in a 3g tank (smaller than a 12g obviously) and the roots were all over that tank.

I still have more reading to do here. Ended up on the phone for a while but will check this thread out more later. Plus I see you have a new thread going for the 12g :).

Yeah, I'm a bit nervous about the mangrove, but I think if I can keep it contained to the one end, given the length of the tank, I'm hoping it will be ok :) AS long as the roots don't grow through the seams of the tank. Oy. But I'm super excited. Now I just need Marine Depot to get the tank back in stock.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holeeeee crap. So, I was just testing calcium and alk. Switched to red sea tests, so I needed to read the directions. And I'm sitting there squinting at the directions because the type was so freaking small and actually said "I swear they keep making text smaller" and then I realized that my dad used to say this all the time and I used to tell him "no, you're just getting old". OMG OMG OMG! I'M OLD!!!!!

I'm getting really excited for Reef-A-Palooza NY!!! Two days!

Yeah, I'm a bit nervous about the mangrove, but I think if I can keep it contained to the one end, given the length of the tank, I'm hoping it will be ok :) AS long as the roots don't grow through the seams of the tank. Oy. But I'm super excited. Now I just need Marine Depot to get the tank back in stock.

Reefapalooza will be fun! I went once here in CA. You will spend more than you think :).

Holeeeee crap. So, I was just testing calcium and alk. Switched to red sea tests, so I needed to read the directions. And I'm sitting there squinting at the directions because the type was so freaking small and actually said "I swear they keep making text smaller" and then I realized that my dad used to say this all the time and I used to tell him "no, you're just getting old". OMG OMG OMG! I'M OLD!!!!!

Haha...yeah, I could definitely use bifocals. My next pair :( LOL.

I think my clownfish are going to spawn soon. And funny enough, on the seachem ammonia badge. They've been going to town cleaning off the back and are really protective of the area.

Yep, we're ALL getting old!!! So far, my mangrove hasn't done anything and it has a very tiny root system thankfully. Like one root (there are 2) is only 1 inch long right now.

Well, dammit. One of my snails knocked my little pink lemonade pocillopora frag I got from PEA off the rocks and into an acan over night. Not sure if it will make it given how much tissue is gone. Should I cut off the exposed parts and superglue? It's like over 50% of the frag :(

i40t5uL.jpg

You changed back your avatar! I was confused for a minute. :)

I like puppies in avatars.

I did! And me too! who doesn't like puppies? And it matches the little graphic for the swanky tanky :)

Geez louise. Two of my credit cards just sent me notices TODAY that they increased my limits. Didn't ask them to. But really? That happens the DAY BEFORE the reef-a-palooza? That is dangerous.

Well, dammit. One of my snails knocked my little pink lemonade pocillopora frag I got from PEA off the rocks and into an acan over night. Not sure if it will make it given how much tissue is gone. Should I cut off the exposed parts and superglue? It's like over 50% of the frag :(

i40t5uL.jpg

I don't know....the hermit looks awful guilty to me :lol:.

I don't know....the hermit looks awful guilty to me :lol:.

Yeah, no kidding! If I hadn't just pulled the coral out of the acan, I totally would've blamed the hermit.

jedimasterben

Geez louise. Two of my credit cards just sent me notices TODAY that they increased my limits. Didn't ask them to. But really? That happens the DAY BEFORE the reef-a-palooza? That is dangerous.

#winning

I believe it was wise FlowerMama that once said there are no coincidences and everything happens for a reason! ;)

I believe it was wise FlowerMama that once said there are no coincidences and everything happens for a reason! ;)

She did! I just read that in my tank thread :happy:.

HAHA! Wise words. I betcha my husband won't agree with that one on this particular occasion! :D

I vote you buy all of Pacific East Aquaculture. All of it. And toss me a frag while you're at it :P

I'll throw in a couple of their clams too. How about that?

Archived