Cultivated Reef

StellaBlue's da Vinci Cube - RETIRED

ReefWeeds

Just found your thread. Was happy to see that large white rfa! it's so much brighter white than the one I have. I didn't know you were getting Gena's rock flowers. They're all pretty. I know you'll enjoy them. You have so many wonderful things. Love the mint pavona of course. Saw one for the first time in Miami. SOoo pretty.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha- that dumping water story is funny! Pavona is sweet- turning into a nice piece for sure! Good growth going- great job! I'll be playing with a bluefish soon myself!

Holy blond moment(s) I had. I love the pavona! It might be my favorite coral. Probably because I can actually see it growing practically :) And you're going to love your hybrid from Dave! And the Bluefish. Of course I had to run a thunderstorm or two today just because. And I'm still fiddling with the settings. But it really is cool.

Definitely start off with a squamosa or derasa. They take the least light and are the least finicky.

THIS IS EXACTLY what I needed to know. PERFECT! Thank you. I was trying to figure out which would be the easier of the bunch.

Omg your dog is adorable :)

I got a Pavona as well recently, hoping it'll turn out nearly as nice as that!

HAHA! Thanks! They're all big goofs. Well, except Stella, the little bichon that rules the roost.

Yours will for sure!! You'll love it.

Just found your thread. Was happy to see that large white rfa! it's so much brighter white than the one I have. I didn't know you were getting Gena's rock flowers. They're all pretty. I know you'll enjoy them. You have so many wonderful things. Love the mint pavona of course. Saw one for the first time in Miami. SOoo pretty.

Yay!! I got that one from SaltCritters - It looks so frilly. It definitely likes to walk around though so it is definitely good that it is in Jeff's monster tank.

Gena's RFAs are doing well! They're in my recently renovated 6 gallon. I have a crappy way too blue light over it so I haven't been able to get any good photos, but I bought a used razor nano and it should come tomorrow or the next day so there will be photos and a new thread for sure.

The pavona is fun. It really kind of looks like a head of lettuce sitting in my tank :) And it seems (so far) super easy.

thecoralbeauty

ive always had maximas- wonderful color and hardy. but, im getting my crocea tomorrow so i'll have a better comparison then.

clams are awesome, i totally think you should do it

you also make me want a pavona.... hm. you get a clam, i'll get a frag of that hahah then between that and our tinkerbell palys we'll have twin tanks almost! haha

ps- that ATO story is hysterical, and fuels my pitch for not getting an ATO myself haha

ive always had maximas- wonderful color and hardy. but, im getting my crocea tomorrow so i'll have a better comparison then.

you also make me want a pavona.... hm. you get a clam, i'll get a frag of that hahah then between that and our tinkerbell palys we'll have twin tanks almost! haha

ps- that ATO story is hysterical, and fuels my pitch for not getting an ATO myself haha

Ok, I'm doing it!!! Just bought the book Ben recommended. I think I'm going to get a maxima... I think. And when I frag the pavona you are welcome to a piece for sure!!! And holy crap to the ATO. I swear I almost had a heart attack - twice.
Just bought it on Amazon! Woo hoo!!

Tanks loookin good! Really filling in!

Thank you!! Bet you were happy to get back and see yours! When do you leave for school?

HarryPotter

And today you'll be getting another maxima and Crocea ;)

Very good book. AND! James Fartheree does respond to question on Facebook. omgomgomg

Ordered! I *think* it is coming today. And that is so freaking cool that he responds to questions on Facebook!

This morning I was contemplating the fact that I really need a cut and highlight. But even with short hair, that runs about $150. Then I realized that $150 could buy a lotta coral or some clams from HJS and decided who needs a haircut anyway? Oh boy. I'm totally addicted. That and I've decided to let Jeff have my little 6 gallon tank and I'm going to start a 12 long nano, but I'm going to make it into an AIO, peninsula style (ordering a custom acrylic thingy from MrReefer81 that I will silicone in on one side which will house a custom media basket and the pump etc.). WHY WHY WHY????

Actually, with the overflow box in the middle of the 6 gallon, I can't get the scape right and the sides are totally shaded due to the overflow box. So, Jeff is going to turn that into a fresh water tank and I'm going to put the 12 long in the same place in the sunroom.

Get a Home Depot bucket head for tank cleanup chores and haircuts.

inventions-flowbee1.jpg

For those old enough to remember the Flowbee. :D

inventions-flowbee1.jpg

BAHAHAHAHA! Love it.

Sk8n Reefer

inventions-flowbee1.jpg

that is a good one !

I tried the diy highlights on my own hair yesterday....maybe I should have held off on the corals for a little while and spent the money on a stylist! LOL But hey, hair always grows out and you never know when anot her good deal on corals is going to come around, right?

Maybe if I get a Flowbee I can also get my hair to look like that. Just maybe.

I tried the diy highlights on my own hair yesterday....maybe I should have held off on the corals for a little while and spent the money on a stylist! LOL But hey, hair always grows out and you never know when anot her good deal on corals is going to come around, right?

Exactly! And I tried that once and ended up with polka dots all over my head, the day before I needed to travel onsite to a client. OMG. All I can say is I'm glad my neighbor used to be a hairdresser. She fixed me up.

Maybe if I get a Flowbee I can also get my hair to look like that. Just maybe.

Exactly! And I tried that once and ended up with polka dots all over my head, the day before I needed to travel onsite to a client. OMG. All I can say is I'm glad my neighbor used to be a hairdresser. She fixed me up.

Ha ha, that's funny! It probably wasn't funny to you at the time. I am a dark brunette and I was trying to add caramel highlights just using regular hair color. Basically I didn't get any highlights and now I am more of a medium ash brunette, so it's not terrible. I will probably just redo with dark brown next week.

Just wanna say nice setup you have there! I can't wait to go beyond my 12g long one day :)

Thank you! And I can't wait to start my 12 long with the swanky overflow/AIO wall/filter basket you're going to make! :happydance:

Thank you! And I can't wait to start my 12 long with the swanky overflow/AIO wall/filter basket you're going to make! :happydance:

You'll love that tank dimensions, i just had a great idea for the last road block we have. Can't wait to build it for you :)

You'll love that tank dimensions, i just had a great idea for the last road block we have. Can't wait to build it for you :)

I saw that! That sounds like an awesome plan! I am so freaking excited.

Archived