inTank Media Baskets

StellaBlue's da Vinci Cube - RETIRED

ReefWeeds

Very nice addition!

Thanks!! I ran out of space for photos here so now I REALLY need to figure out flickr! The digitatas didn't make the photo addition :)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks!! I ran out of space for photos here so now I REALLY need to figure out flickr! The digitatas didn't make the photo addition :)

I use tiny pic and just insert the IMG code for a picture and it works pretty well.

I haven't started making it yet. I've discovered that Chloe is allergic to rabbit :wacko:. After all that searching for things that are rabbit too. I gave her a rabbit treat the other day and she started scratching. I fed her the frozen rabbit the other day too and immediately after her meal she was rubbing her face. I have a bag of frozen rabbit patties that Jack will have to eat now. Ugh. But she's fine with fish and I tried pheasant yesterday...she's fine with that. Stella & Chewy's has dehydrated (what I tried) and frozen pheasant so I'll go with that brand. OMG...this is ridiculous trying to find things that work! I still plan to cook for them too. When you get the business going...make a pheasant treat :lol:.

I love your new corals :wub:. Blue digitata is on my wish list :).

OH MAN!!! Good thing you noticed about the rabbit! And interesting on the pheasant. Another thing to try is venison. I've not heard of dogs having allergies to venison, but I've also not heard of dogs having allergies to rabbit and I bet both are because venison and rabbit aren't widely used :)

I'll have to try some of those pheasant treats!

The blue digi is a bit washed out at the moment. I can't wait to see what it looks like once it recovers from shipping and me forgetting to turn down the lights yesterday.

I also had to order some of Scuba Steve's $10 frags :o I have no self control. Got those today! Sunset monti, orange monti cap, some gobstopper zoas, a sour apple birds nest, and a Bud Bomber poci. And he threw in a favia too! Seriously. I have NO self control.

I use tiny pic and just insert the IMG code for a picture and it works pretty well.

Cool!! I'm going to look into this!!

Right? I'm getting a nano box too. My light is just way too intense for the rics and doesn't showcase their colors well. And OMG. More like freaking out. Hahaha. It's so close! Only three more days of regular classes (I do tuesday and Thursday classes) and finals then graduation!!!! Thanks for asking. Lol. Your tank will look so great with the nano box though!! I can't wait for the both of us!!!!!

WOW! Close!!! That's exciting. And I'm sure stressful. I switched from Fine Art to Business Management at the start of my junior year, so I ended up on the 4.5 year plan and probably graduated with more electives than anyone else in my class :) Go figure, a lot of the art classes didn't count towards my BS in business. So, I ended up graduating in December and didn't walk since I really didn't think it was a big deal at the time. It was totally anticlimactic graduating in December :)

Yeah, I'll be hitting 5 years. :bling: I went from biology to creative/technical writing. I don't want to walk. My mom said she'd kill me if I don't though.

Sk8n Reefer

Check out imgur.com- excellent hosting site and they don't deplete the quality of your photos

OH MAN!!! Good thing you noticed about the rabbit! And interesting on the pheasant. Another thing to try is venison. I've not heard of dogs having allergies to venison, but I've also not heard of dogs having allergies to rabbit and I bet both are because venison and rabbit aren't widely used :)

I'll have to try some of those pheasant treats!

The blue digi is a bit washed out at the moment. I can't wait to see what it looks like once it recovers from shipping and me forgetting to turn down the lights yesterday.

I also had to order some of Scuba Steve's $10 frags :o I have no self control. Got those today! Sunset monti, orange monti cap, some gobstopper zoas, a sour apple birds nest, and a Bud Bomber poci. And he threw in a favia too! Seriously. I have NO self control.

She wasn't doing well on the vet special diet of rabbit, but I attributed that to low quality food and not the protein source. Now that I'm giving her a high quality rabbit and she's still showing

signs, makes me think it's a rabbit allergy :angry:. I know it takes a while for it to leave their system, like several weeks. But seeing an increased sign of intolerance

so fast after eating makes me think that the rabbit really is bothering her. Yesterday she had fish and pheasant again and she was and still is doing better than the day and day after she had the rabbit.

This is so confusing LOL. Thanks for listening :).

You aren't any different than the rest of us with the coral control...we all have that problem :lol:. I love your new selections :happydance:.

She wasn't doing well on the vet special diet of rabbit, but I attributed that to low quality food and not the protein source. Now that I'm giving her a high quality rabbit and she's still showing

signs, makes me think it's a rabbit allergy :angry:. I know it takes a while for it to leave their system, like several weeks. But seeing an increased sign of intolerance

so fast after eating makes me think that the rabbit really is bothering her. Yesterday she had fish and pheasant again and she was and still is doing better than the day and day after she had the rabbit.

This is so confusing LOL. Thanks for listening :).

You aren't any different than the rest of us with the coral control...we all have that problem :lol:. I love your new selections :happydance:.

It is confusing! Seriously, I swear I've done more research about dog allergies with Stella than anything else EVER. She's allergic to a lot of tree pollens so this time of year really is tough for her. Benadryl is our friend this week.

Very nice piece!

This may be my favorite one. I love how fuzzy it is! I'm terrible at gluing stuff in my tank and I really don't like epoxy, so I'm thinking of getting the corals off the plugs and gluing them on small pieces of rubble then gluing that in my tank. Maybe I'll have better luck and make less of a mess :)

Sk8n Reefer

This may be my favorite one. I love how fuzzy it is! I'm terrible at gluing stuff in my tank and I really don't like epoxy, so I'm thinking of getting the corals off the plugs and gluing them on small pieces of rubble then gluing that in my tank. Maybe I'll have better luck and make less of a mess :)

Ya , I don't ever epoxy- I like the thick coral glue- place it slight twist and good to go!

Ya , I don't ever epoxy- I like the thick coral glue- place it slight twist and good to go!

What brand do you like?

Also remember when anchoring frags of SPS lay them down horizontally not straight up. This shows more coralites (sp?) to the light and encourages more branches to grow.

It is confusing! Seriously, I swear I've done more research about dog allergies with Stella than anything else EVER. She's allergic to a lot of tree pollens so this time of year really is tough for her. Benadryl is our friend this week.

I've put her on strictly fish so we'll see what happens. Got my dog food recipe book in the mail too. I'll start that this week :).

Ok, trying Imgur! Here's a photo of the Bud Bomber I got from Scuba Steve yesterday:

kaHHnGx.jpg

Awesome looking coral!
cmccorkle2005

best stuff ever for anchoring frags.

1021069914.jpg

You learn something new every day - never in a million years would I have thought it would have been ok to put super glue in an aquarium...

You learn something new every day - never in a million years would I have thought it would have been ok to put super glue in an aquarium...

What the heck have you been using?

cmccorkle2005

What the heck have you been using?

I've really never had to glue anything - I always see this reef glue made for aquariums in the pet store. The little bit I did with corals before I always bought pieces already on live rock...

I've really never had to glue anything - I always see this reef glue made for aquariums in the pet store. The little bit I did with corals before I always bought pieces already on live rock...

Ah, well, my lfs has an addiction to using ugly white frag plugs, so I usually scrape off what little rock is left on the plug and glue that sucker straight to my rock. Unfortunately, this makes it harder to move when I move apartments. Not looking forward to that. :(

cmccorkle2005

Ah, well, my lfs has an addiction to using ugly white frag plugs, so I usually scrape off what little rock is left on the plug and glue that sucker straight to my rock. Unfortunately, this makes it harder to move when I move apartments. Not looking forward to that. :(

Yeah - I moved a 46 gallon tank once and its not fun. Your buckets wont be as big but I don't envy you - It's still alot :( I am actually glad you posted this - I found a new LFS here that literally has probably 500 frags. The other one I have been using only sells mature pieces on LR but this place is amazing and it is so much less expensive to do frags I think I want to give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...
ReefWeeds

Well, I've been kinda MIA - things have been super busy! Here's an FTS for May:

Zya79ns.jpg?1

I really need to figure out the "real" camera. Some day! It looks all sort of funky since this was taken under the evening LEDs. Since I took this photo, the snails have knocked off some of my glued up frags! Darn snails. So, I have readjusted some things.

Here's a photo of one of the new acans I got a couple weeks back. I like the light blue/orange combo.

sMpWhIX.jpg

I also have what I think are some vermatid snails growing at the base of my neon trumpet. What do you guys think? Vermatids? If so, I'm going to scrape them off as I've read some horror stories about mucusy webs all over tanks. Gross.

8QFzz0r.jpgvxnEFJY.jpg?1

ReefWeeds

Oh, and monster tank update! All critters are doing well and nobody has eaten anyone else! We ordered some more snails from ReefCleaners and got a few more hermits and a pencil urchin for the monster tank. Then last week, two rock flower anemones decided the monster tank should be their home! Here's an updated shot of Jeff's monster tank:

IueYtpA.jpg

Here are a few shots of the rock flower anemones. I freaking love those animals:

uUbWY2M.jpgbZB57RG.jpg

ReefWeeds

Actually, here's a better FTS from today! Aside from the window reflections in the glass....

pDYadcq.jpg

And because I thought this was funny: a shot of the tank in the background with nano-reef.com up on the computer (which might just be my work computer):

YmXoQFw.jpg

Archived