Coral Vue Hydros

Dr. Felicia's Predator Paradise - Retired

Felicia

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for making my week so much better! I'm thrilled about TOTM and all the positive feedback. I apologize if my replies are a bit shorter than usual, but I'm really slow at typing right now because I broke a bone in my left hand over the weekend. Now I'm one-handed chicken pecking for the time being. Luckily it doesn't hurt now and I'm all cheered up by N-R :) I just have a giant clunky splint/cast thing on for the next couple weeks, so its making things like typing take sooo much more effort. Still trying to sort out how I'm going to do a water change on the tank this week :lol:

Stylish :D

IMG_2002_zpsdov2hxwy.jpg

• Like 1

He's like that overly love-y dog that won't stop jumping on you...just with venomous spines :lol:

Best quote ever!

I'm really slow at typing right now because I broke a bone in my left hand over the weekend.

Oh no! That is going to make tank maintenance a challenge. :wacko: I wish you a speedy and uneventful recovery! Ask Lily to purr for your hand -- the frequency of cat purrs actually promotes bone healing and bone density!

• Like 3

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for making my week so much better! I'm thrilled about TOTM and all the positive feedback. I apologize if my replies are a bit shorter than usual, but I'm really slow at typing right now because I broke a bone in my left hand over the weekend. Now I'm one-handed chicken pecking for the time being. Luckily it doesn't hurt now and I'm all cheered up by N-R :) I just have a giant clunky splint/cast thing on for the next couple weeks, so its making things like typing take sooo much more effort. Still trying to sort out how I'm going to do a water change on the tank this week :lol:

IMG_2002_zpsdov2hxwy.jpg

I said it in the TOTM post but not here, so congrats on a well deserved recognition!

O no, what a bummer about your hand! That splint/cast looks awkward too. At least it looks like it is your left hand? And I am assuming you are right handed?

• Like 1

Best quote ever!

Oh no! That is going to make tank maintenance a challenge. :wacko: I wish you a speedy and uneventful recovery! Ask Lily to purr for your hand -- the frequency of cat purrs actually promotes bone healing and bone density!

Haha, thought that was a pretty good analogy :)

Yeah, maintenance is going to be interesting, but I'll figure it out. Lily has been very cuddly because its getting colder here, so there is lots of cat purring :)

I said it in the TOTM post but not here, so congrats on a well deserved recognition!

O no, what a bummer about your hand! That splint/cast looks awkward too. At least it looks like it is your left hand? And I am assuming you are right handed?

Thank you! Its ok! Really not too bad, just awkward and annoying. Yep, luckily its my left hand and I'm right handed, so that definitely helps.

Oh no! Hope you heal up quick Felicia. At least Lily will keep you company if you are stuck at home :).

Still have to work unfortunately, but Lily is definitely good company when I'm home :)

• Like 1

Wow, another TOTM is well deserved but unexpected. Love the acro pictures, need MORE. :D]

You are using the wide angle lenses on the Razor, right? I cannot for the life of me get mine dialed in to where I like it.

• Like 1

hope it's a speedy recovery for your hand! more time to stare at the tank =)

Thank you! That's a good point. Its like, hmmm, can't really do much so I'll just be lazy and watch the tank. :)

GRATS on TOTM, you deserve it. Sorry about your hand, it will get better though. Take it easy!

congrats again awesome tank :)

Thank you so much! :flower:

Wow, another TOTM is well deserved but unexpected. Love the acro pictures, need MORE. :D]

You are using the wide angle lenses on the Razor, right? I cannot for the life of me get mine dialed in to where I like it.

Thank you, Mark. Yeah, it took me by surprise! I tend to neglect the SPS in my photos don't I? Its because they're back farther and hard to get decent photos of them. These were taken with my Canon Powershot in its water proof housing actually down in the tank.

Yep. I couldn't get mine the way I liked either, so I switched to the wide angle lenses. That definitely helped. It took me a while to get the color balance, intensity, and height off of the tank just right.

Hmmm broken hand or lion fish sting :huh:

Again and again so proud of your crazy beautiful reef. Congrats!! Guess i don't need to setup an other now that i have yours to enjoy :happy:

• Like 2

IMG_2002_zpsdov2hxwy.jpg

Ouch!! When I first saw the pic I thought oh noes draco got her! and then you had a horrible allergic reaction to the sting. Im glad thats not the case. At any rate feel better soon.

• Like 2

Guess i don't need to setup an other now that i have yours to enjoy :happy:

Nope, nope, nope. All of N-R will riot! Plus, a bunch of us have frags to regift you whenever you do set-up a system again. ;)

• Like 5

WOW, Congrats Felicia! Such a beautiful tank, very well deserving... and SPS :wub::D lol

Hope you heal up quickly as well!

Thank you so much, Chris! Its a true mixed reef now :)

Hmmm broken hand or lion fish sting :huh:

Again and again so proud of your crazy beautiful reef. Congrats!! Guess i don't need to setup an other now that i have yours to enjoy

You brat! You know its not a lionfish sting since you were with my when it happened. Don't blame my poor lionfish! Blame the bike!

Thank you :wub: I appreciate all your help with this system. You definitely kept me from getting discouraged after all the issues and set-backs. You still need your own tank though. This one is mine!

giphy.gif

Ouch!! When I first saw the pic I thought oh noes draco got her! and then you had a horrible allergic reaction to the sting. Im glad thats not the case. At any rate feel better soon.

Haha! Nope, no lionfish stings for me. This was caused by a bike and not a lionfish.

Nope, nope, nope. All of N-R will riot! Plus, a bunch of us have frags to regift you whenever you do set-up a system again. ;)

He'll be back eventually. He's an addict like the rest of us. He'll relapse ;)

• Like 3

And I thought the eel got you LOL. Hope it heals fast for you :flower:.

Poor predator fish are getting a bad rap. I was 400 miles away from them in SoCal when this happened :-D. Thank you, Gena! It's just a small crack so it should heal prett quickly.
  • Like 2

Poor predator fish are getting a bad rap. I was 400 miles away from them in SoCal when this happened :-D. Thank you, Gena! It's just a small crack so it should heal prett quickly.

Blame it on the predators...that's what I always say :). Think the eel could actually do that sort of damage though?
  • Like 1

Its so annoying because my Starry Blenny was perfect. He had so much personality, and was big enough for the lions to ignore him. He ate algae like a champ....then he up and decided to eat the beautiful, huge squamosa clam and he had to go. :(

The Blenny ate the clam?! :o The clam was huge! How big was the blenny? wow.

• Like 1

The Blenny ate the clam?! :o The clam was huge! How big was the blenny? wow.

Haha! I just realized how badly I worded that. He started nibbling at the clams mantle constantly so it was pinched all the time. I rehomed the blenny and now the clam is just fine :)

Blame it on the predators...that's what I always say :). Think the eel could actually do that sort of damage though?

Ha! Poor predators! The eel has bit me before and he can't really do any damage. He has a tiny mouth and tiny teeth. It just feels like a tiny pin prick when he bites. He left a tiny mark that looked like a hangnail when he bit me.

• Like 1

oh, whew. I was thinking boy that must be a fat blenny.

Speedy recovery Felicia.

Yeah that blenny would be Jabba the Hut if he ate that clam. That clam would be a full seafood dinner for me, its so big!

Thank you! :)

• Like 2

Ha! Poor predators! The eel has bit me before and he can't really do any damage. He has a tiny mouth and tiny teeth. It just feels like a tiny pin prick when he bites. He left a tiny mark that looked like a hangnail when he bit me.

Ok, that's good :). I was curious how strong their jaws were.
  • Like 1

Ok, that's good :). I was curious how strong their jaws were.

Their jaws aren't necessarily strong but they do have some rasping teeth, kinda like bridtletooth tangs. Other blennies have fangs :o

I don't think jaw size matters as much as their size. Big morays can do some serious damage and potentially take your finger off. Mine is tiny though and he has a little mouth and little teeth, so he can't do much damage at this point.

• Like 1