Coral Vue Hydros

Dr. Felicia's Predator Paradise - Retired

Felicia

Thanks, Dawn! Yeah its amazing how peaceful they are. When I decided to get them, I wasn't sure if they'd seem aggressive, but surprisingly they are very calm and graceful. I love how they hover and move so slowly. Feeding time isn't so peaceful, but that's also why they're so fun! Its really a lot like seahorses. I loved feeding my seahorses! Its fun to have something a bit more interactive on that front than most reef fish. The eel is the one who isn't very relaxing or peaceful, but that's ok! :)

Yeah, I loved my eel too but peaceful is not the word that come to my mind in regards to him, ha ha!

• Like 1

So guess what?! I'm having tons of fun photographing and filming the tank the last few days, so I have more photos and another video for you! Look at me not being a slacker for once :lol:

First though, I wanted to give an update on the Tomini tang. She seems to be settling in really well. She's out and about all the time and has been eating. She's still a bit shy, but she's warming up and isn't hiding too much. She just tends to stay towards the back of the tank right now. You'll see her in my new video. Sorry for the quality of the clips with her. I had to try not to spook her with my filming.

Today is water change and cleaning day, so keep in mind that the tank is a bit dirty in these photos and video. Sorry!

The antennata tends to be kind of shy, but she was out and about last night at feeding time, so I took a bunch of photos of her.

CXb32i.jpg
LB0Ieh.jpg
jrRci4.jpg
Then Falkor decided to start photobombing her photoshoot :lol:

qjJ0Cl.jpg
r0EnZt.jpg

Of course Draco needed his photo taken too. He's such a ham!

KtHzOe.jpg
CME09D.jpg
OeN4RN.jpg
0EPsAO.jpg
I was photographing on the mithrax crab's side of the tank, so I took a photo of him as well.
WdUyu9.jpg

Just moving these over to the new page :)

• Like 2

Fun update! I put some algae on the algae clip for the tang and she demolished it in under 15 minutes. She sure is quick on the uptake! The kole tang that I got never did seem to really get the memo on the algae clip, so this makes me optimistic that this tomini tang is much healthier. Her main body color has also darkened up nicely now to a pretty brown. I'm not that into tangs, but I'm really enjoying this fish so far. :)

• Like 3

I cleaned the tank yesterday and its so sparkling and nice! I figured I owed you guys some new FTS's since I'd been avoiding them in the last couple photo shoots since the glass was dirty :lol: So anyways, here ya go!

FTS 1/25/16

24046121984_fa269fb86b_z.jpg
24306604359_937ffeeca2_z.jpg
24556507432_6b03a16cb1_z.jpg
24047467233_d88c3b589e_z.jpg
I also took some photos of the tang after I put in a nori sheet for her to eat. She moves too much so they're a bit blurry, but not too bad!
24674304815_90b9da6610_z.jpg
24674304245_58a843343a_z.jpg
24674303785_1378d1f448_z.jpg
24648078206_940d7963e6_z.jpg
24648077586_83e36d5c2e_z.jpg
I made some frags of my big neon green toadstool last night during the maintenance.
24306605009_f5f487ceaa_z.jpg
The eel is like, "Huh, I can't even tell you fragged it?"
24580747641_a8e15976a1_z.jpg
And Draco is all like, "Don't you dare frag my favorite toadstool! This one is mine!"
24047470493_76efb9ca84_z.jpg
Also, here's a really fun photo. My stand doesn't have a top. The tank just sits on the lip of the stand, so if you look up inside the stand, you can see the bottom of the tank. The eel has built his burrow under the right rock structure, so you can actually see his burrow through the glass on the underside of the tank. I think its fun that you can see him in his burrow.
24378756440_e34f27bfdd_z.jpg
And finally, a photo for Lily's fan club! Its been way too long since I've posted a photo of her for you guys!
24378755630_7f6706ea5d_z.jpg

Oh and a quick, music-less video of the tomini tang eating the nori sheet. Btw, she already finished all of it! She's a piggie!

• Like 11

It has been a while since we've seen Lily :wub:.

Looks like this tang is the charm!!!!! She/he's a gorgeous fish! Where's the fox coral? Did I miss it?

Lily is just too cute not to share photos! It had been too long :)

Yeah this tang is so much more spunky than the last one. Don't want to be too optimistic, but this one does seem like the charm. I liked the kole tang, but I honestly think the tomini is way prettier. I love the dark yellow on her fins and that striking white tail.

The fox coral is up on top of the bonsai pillar in the back. It was down in the front right but it just never opened up from the store and was looking stressed. I decided to move it up into more flow and its actually shaded under the return nozzle to see if that will help. It looks a bit better today, but still not fully open. It was beautiful and so puffy in the store, so I don't know what the deal is.

• Like 2

Lily is just too cute not to share photos! It had been too long :)

Yeah this tang is so much more spunky than the last one. Don't want to be too optimistic, but this one does seem like the charm. I liked the kole tang, but I honestly think the tomini is way prettier. I love the dark yellow on her fins and that striking white tail.

The fox coral is up on top of the bonsai pillar in the back. It was down in the front right but it just never opened up from the store and was looking stressed. I decided to move it up into more flow and its actually shaded under the return nozzle to see if that will help. It looks a bit better today, but still not fully open. It was beautiful and so puffy in the store, so I don't know what the deal is.

I read they like low flow. Mine opens more if the flow is lower. And I think I read they like lower light. I hope it perks up for you!!!! Maybe the eel was swimming around it too much and irritating it?

• Like 1

I read they like low flow. Mine opens more if the flow is lower. And I think I read they like lower light. I hope it perks up for you!!!! Maybe the eel was swimming around it too much and irritating it?

Where I put it now, it isn't in very high flow, but a bit higher than where it was. It seems to be doing better now. I just hope it wasn't too far gone before I moved it. I thought about that with the eel, but honestly I didn't see him even touch it over the last few days, so I don't think he's at fault.

• Like 2

That is such a cool pic of the snowflakes' s burrow! All the other shots look great too. And Lily is such a princess!

Thank you! Yeah I think its pretty cool that I can see him from underneath the tank. Lily is definitely a princess! :)

I just got a phone call from Vivid Aquariums to confirm that the neon green cabbage leather and yellow fiji leather that I ordered are shipping today. That means they'll be here early tomorrow. Woohoo! :)

X6l7Wl.png

• Like 5

I just got a phone call from Vivid Aquariums to confirm that the neon green cabbage leather and yellow fiji leather that I ordered are shipping today. That means they'll be here early tomorrow. Woohoo! :)

X6l7Wl.png

:happydance: Can't wait to see them!!!!!!!!

I just was telling Stella that you ordered a fiji from Vivid. She's looking at them too :).

• Like 1

:happydance: Can't wait to see them!!!!!!!!

I just was telling Stella that you ordered a fiji from Vivid. She's looking at them too :).

I'm excited to see how they look. I know people love Vivid, so I figured they'd be nice. I got the cabbage leather as WYSIWYG because it was cheaper than the same size range non-WYSIWYG. However, the WYSIWYG fiji leather was more expensive than the stock one of the same size, so I just went with the stock one and figured it would look nice. I picked the medium size, so hopefully it'll be nice and big. Seems like their pricing is weird about whether WYSIWYG is more expensive or cheaper :lol:

So far, I have to say that I like their customer service. They actually call to confirm the shipping day and make sure that works for you. The guy that called was super nice and had no problem with me wanting to have the box held at the FedEx store. I've noticed my coral packages do WAY better when I do that because they get there sooner and don't have to spend all day in the non-climate controlled delivery truck getting jostled around.

• Like 2

I'm excited to see how they look. I know people love Vivid, so I figured they'd be nice. I got the cabbage leather as WYSIWYG because it was cheaper than the same size range non-WYSIWYG. However, the WYSIWYG fiji leather was more expensive than the stock one of the same size, so I just went with the stock one and figured it would look nice. I picked the medium size, so hopefully it'll be nice and big. Seems like their pricing is weird about whether WYSIWYG is more expensive or cheaper :lol:

yeah usually they will charge more for the WYSIWYG because they are taking the extra time to photograph..maybe someone goofed LOL. I bet the stock fiji and the WYSIWYG are exactly the same color wise at least.
  • Like 1

yeah usually they will charge more for the WYSIWYG because they are taking the extra time to photograph..maybe someone goofed LOL. I bet the stock fiji and the WYSIWYG are exactly the same color wise at least.

Yeah that's what I figured. I always expect WYSIWYG to be more. Yeah I figure there can't be that much variation besides size with yellow fiji leathers.

• Like 1

Well, a new fish!!! Any name picked out yet? Looks like a slice of lemon. I like the colors of your new corals, they'll contrast nicely with the tank. They sure will be pretty additions.

• Like 1

Well, a new fish!!! Any name picked out yet? Looks like a slice of lemon. I like the colors of your new corals, they'll contrast nicely with the tank. They sure will be pretty additions.

Thank you, Annette! I wanted to make sure she was going to make it long term before I named her. She seems to be doing well, so I guess I should start thinking of names! Yeah, the yellow on her fins is super vibrant :) I'm glad you think the coral colors will work well! I figured a pop of yellow and a pop of neon green would work well.

Ok, so I'm laughing at Lily right now because she's apparently decided that she's a tang. Ever since I got the tang, I've been feeding it nori sheets and when I get out the nori, Lily goes nuts. She keeps trying to eat it and chewing the bag. I took a video of it tonight because its hilarious. What cat eats seaweed? She's just licking it in the video, but I ripped her off a smaller strip afterwards and she gulped it down. How bizarre. I figure it can't be bad for her. Its just greens!

• Like 2

Oh my gosh she's hilarious. Smells fishy, but it's flat, it's not a fish, but I like it! Sure seems the stinkier something is the more cats like it.

• Like 1

Your snowflake and antennata are gorgeous! Well lets be honest...entire tank is amazing!

Thank you so much! Its funny because the antennata is the prettiest of the lions, but she's also the most shy so I don't get to photograph her too much.

Oh my gosh she's hilarious. Smells fishy, but it's flat, it's not a fish, but I like it! Sure seems the stinkier something is the more cats like it.

I think you're spot on. It must be the somewhat fishy smell that algae has!

such an amazing tank, i find myself looking at your tank as part of my inspiration tanks, kinda helps me keep my hopes up for mine.

Thank you so much! It's such a huge compliment that you find my tank to be inspirational :D

My Vivid Aquariums package arrived! I have some photos of the packaging for you guys. For anyone considering ordering from Vivid, I'm super happy so far. They had very nice packaging and the corals appeared to be in awesome shape in the bags!

Lily is still the official box inspector. She takes her job very seriously :lol:

24556700822_cb89507957_z.jpg
Very big labeling on the box! The Fedex lady who called me to tell me my package was ready for pickup was like, "Please come soon! Its live fish!!!"
24378950900_de4a4c949c_z.jpg
They send some very elaborate instructions :)
24306793049_fdd864761e_z.jpg
24306793699_41460c9886_z.jpg
Heat pack was still toasty!
24580935681_b35222202d_z.jpg
And look at these beauties! Looking great in the bags! I'm thrilled so far! :wub:
24648264626_8cab3e6c67_z.jpg
24378948140_a8bac3e5cf_z.jpg
  • Like 5

:happydance:

They look NICE! Pretty big too!!!! Can't wait to see them in the tank :).

Yeah I'm very happy with them! They were super happy in the bags and they are good sizes and look great. The fiji leather is puffing up even more in the tank, so its definitely a good size. My lights don't come on until 2, so I'll get some photos this evening. I also have to figure out where to place them.

• Like 3