Innovative Marine Aquariums

Dr. Felicia's Predator Paradise - Retired

Felicia

I made cupcakes tonight! I mentioned to Gena that I was planning to bake this weekend, so she asked me to share a photo. For those of you who don't know, I love to make fancy cupcakes. I just haven't had much time lately with how busy I've been, but I really got the itch to bake. So anyways, here is my latest creation...

Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes

24746918885_7f6c7ba5d9_k.jpgIMG_1529 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

They are vanilla bean cupcakes with strawberry filling and homemade strawberry whipped cream.

• Like 9

I made cupcakes tonight! I mentioned to Gena that I was planning to bake this weekend, so she asked me to share a photo. For those of you who don't know, I love to make fancy cupcakes. I just haven't had much time lately with how busy I've been, but I really got the itch to bake. So anyways, here is my latest creation...

They are vanilla bean cupcakes with strawberry filling and homemade strawberry whipped cream.

Yummy, those would sure go with my mocha flavored coffee I am having right now. Alas I must settle for a piece of raisin bread (which is still good) but not as good as your cupcakes I am sure!
  • Like 2

Can you make those again for MACNA????? They would be nice in the evening with our drinks :D. I love that they are vanilla bean..I can see the little vanilla bean flakes in the cake :wub:.

I'm going to need that recipe!!! They look way tastier than my banana bread :lol:.

• Like 1

Yummy, those would sure go with my mocha flavored coffee I am having right now. Alas I must settle for a piece of raisin bread (which is still good) but not as good as your cupcakes I am sure!

Haha! Sorry to taunt you with cupcakes first thing in the morning :) Raisin bread is yummy!

Can you make those again for MACNA????? They would be nice in the evening with our drinks :D. I love that they are vanilla bean..I can see the little vanilla bean flakes in the cake :wub:.

I'm going to need that recipe!!! They look way tastier than my banana bread :lol:.

Id love to but I'm not sure how they'd survive the drive! These have to be refrigerated and served chilled because of the whipped cream and strawberry filling. Maybe I'll make one of my other cupcake recipes, like the margarita cupcakes :).

Yeah last time I made these, I just used vanilla extract, but this time I went all out and used an actual vanilla bean. Always so much yummier but a bit expensive.

I can pm you the recipe :) And I doubt they're better than your banana bread. People go crazy over banana bread!

• Like 3

Haha! Sorry to taunt you with cupcakes first thing in the morning :) Raisin bread is yummy!

Id love to but I'm not sure how they'd survive the drive! These have to be refrigerated and served chilled because of the whipped cream and strawberry filling. Maybe I'll make one of my other cupcake recipes, like the margarita cupcakes :).

Yeah last time I made these, I just used vanilla extract, but this time I went all out and used an actual vanilla bean. Always so much yummier but a bit expensive.

I can pm you the recipe :) And I doubt they're better than your banana bread. People go crazy over banana bread!

PM me the recipe. Maybe I can make them and bring them since I'm closer :). Margarita cupcakes sound good too LOL. Who cares if we gain 10 pounds at MACNA LOL.
  • Like 2

PM me the recipe. Maybe I can make them and bring them since I'm closer :). Margarita cupcakes sound good too LOL. Who cares if we gain 10 pounds at MACNA LOL.

Will do :) Well be doing plenty of walking in the convention center so we can eat a few cupcakes haha. I'm more worried about my wallet than my waistline at MACNA haha!
  • Like 1

That write up is awesome! I could totally see my boyfriend and I doing a large predator build with stuff like this....it's so unique, and the interaction is great. How often do you free your babies? I too show your tank off to people to show just how exotic saltwater reef keeping is! (As if putting coral in a 20L isn't enough) ;)

• Like 1

OMG THIS SOUNDS AMAZING.

I might have to come to MACNA just for these!

They're pretty fun cupcakes. They're vanilla cupcakes with lime and tequila. Then there is tequila brushed on the top while they're still hot after baking. Then the frosting is tequila-lime buttercream and then finally garnished with salt. They really taste like a margarita in cupcake form :)

That write up is awesome! I could totally see my boyfriend and I doing a large predator build with stuff like this....it's so unique, and the interaction is great. How often do you free your babies? I too show your tank off to people to show just how exotic saltwater reef keeping is! (As if putting coral in a 20L isn't enough) ;)

Thank you! Glad you found it helpful. I feed them about 3 times a week. Feeding is super interactive because I hand feed each of them with the feeding tongs. And yes, all reef keeping is pretty exotic!

Here's a photo of the margarita cupcakes :)

24395199999_01cfc45273_b.jpg320172_10101281943561641_2136646_n by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

• Like 5

Is the lime just decoration or do you squeeze the juice onto the cupcake?

Will do :) Well be doing plenty of walking in the convention center so we can eat a few cupcakes haha. I'm more worried about my wallet than my waistline at MACNA haha!

Can't wait :happydance:.
  • Like 1

Is the lime just decoration or do you squeeze the juice onto the cupcake?

Can't wait :happydance:.

I just use them as decoration, but you could totally squeeze it on if you wanted more lime flavor. :)

• Like 1

Has anyone seen these adorable care sheets for different corals? They're a series by an artist on Instagram. I thought this one was cute!

24763347605_b638f04287_z.jpg

I want a write up on these cupcakes!!! :wub:

Sounds like I need to start a recipe sharing thread here on NR! :) You know what, I'm totally going to!

• Like 4

Except it would go in the lounge right? :scarry::lol:

Yeah, terrifying right...maybe it can actually be a wholesome lounge thread. We can try anyway!

I saw the article on ReefBuilders and just checked out the Instagram. There are some really cute fish drawings too. This, for example, is the most innocent looking 6-Line I have ever seen!

https://www.instagram.com/p/9LQjHpqTi2/?taken-by=comiquarium

Yeah, I saw it on ReefBuilders too. Lots of super cute things! I was sad there wasn't an adorable lionfish.

I saw the article on ReefBuilders and just checked out the Instagram. There are some really cute fish drawings too. This, for example, is the most innocent looking 6-Line I have ever seen!

https://www.instagram.com/p/9LQjHpqTi2/?taken-by=comiquarium

Oh I wish instagram wasn't blocked at work!!

Yeah, terrifying right...maybe it can actually be a wholesome lounge thread. We can try anyway!

Those cupcakes look sooooo good!! I wonder how solid your recipe is, if it can be altered for almost any fruit... I'm thinking peaches!

• Like 1

Those cupcakes look sooooo good!! I wonder how solid your recipe is, if it can be altered for almost any fruit... I'm thinking peaches!

I bet you could use peaches! The filling is very translatable to different fruit. I actually use basically that same process to make fruit sauce for my cheesecake. I've made blueberry, blackberry, raspberry, and strawberry sauce. I bet peaches would work! The cupcake part would stay the same and then you'd just have peach homemade whipped cream, which sounds tasty. You should try it!

• Like 2