Pod Your Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Microbe lift stinks?! Hmmm....

yep what I am waiting on my slowass lfs to get in to ship u the small bottle to find out wtf is in it, and maybe explain while it smells like a waste treatment plant lol.

• Like 2

:lol:

The Cat/Fish bathroom is close to the tank with my cat's litter box. I can always blame the cat.

Small bit of GFO is now tumbling. You know you're a salt addict when you can pull reactors, extra fuge lights, extra pumps, heaters, tanks out of seemingly thin air.

• Like 1
:lol:

The Cat/Fish bathroom is close to the tank with my cat's litter box. I can always blame the cat.

Small bit of GFO is now tumbling. You know you're a salt addict when you can pull reactors, extra fuge lights, extra pumps, heaters, tanks out of seemingly thin air.

Hobbyists IMHO are categorized in 4 categories:

1. Novice - mushrooms ( prefers shade, often out shined by other corals)

2. Intermediate - zoas (somewhat successful with occasional meltdowns)

3. Advanced - xenias (compulsive upgrade junkies, overtaking all storage places with useless gear)

4. Acros - (overshadowing other corals, closest corals to light/knowledge)

• Like 1

Hey kat I dont want to hear or see anymore feeling sorry for yourself...You know I know better than anyone how you feel. But your one of the most talented reefers I know and its your duty to brush the dirt off your shoulders and make this tank more epic than the last... because your that good and thats what us real reefers do :closedeyes:

• Like 3

Hey kat I dont want to hear or see anymore feeling sorry for yourself...You know I know better than anyone how you feel. But your one of the most talented reefers I know and its your duty to brush the dirt off your shoulders and make this tank more epic than the last... because your that good and thats what us real reefers do :closedeyes:

Yessuh. No more moping around.

TWELVE FISH ARRIVE TOMORROW!

Howz that for Fishmas? ;)

Seriously, Eugene. Thank you. Your words mean a lot. And you are my lucky charm.

• Like 1

Yessuh. No more moping around.

TWELVE FISH ARRIVE TOMORROW!

Howz that for Fishmas? ;)

Sounds awesome..... I love threadfin cardinals. I wasnt able to get mine to shoal except when eating or if they were frightened but I did get them to breed. You have a much larger system than mine so hopefully that will encourage the shoaling behavior.

• Like 1

Im so excited to see a dozen little blue fishies in your tank so is long spine the same thing as threadfin cards?

Yeah they're the same AFAIK. I ordered 10, and 2 springers damsel to make a trio with the one I already have.

Tomorrow is the day!

I should probably watch a couple episodes of Sons of Anarchy now and get my bad boy on.

• Like 2
I don't see any reason microbelift should smell like that... Who makes it?

I think it is some sort of preservative to sustain healthy bacteria. It is said that it (smell) eventually goes away............. let's hope so

Ok, I just read their msds and the microbes in this are likely to be soil microbes. I suggest this because their product can be used safely for fresh AND salt water tanks, and the specific gravity of the suspension is 1.01, and the official odor labeled by the company is "mild earthy" suggesting to me that the organisms they put in their blend are microbes from soil which simply act as microbial food for the other microbes we want in our tank. Now, it's possible that they are using actual bacteria associated with the cycle we want, as I'm not sure the actual environmental constraints on the Nitrobacter, Nitrosomonas, and Nitrococcus species. I would assume that marine isolates would be different than freshwater isolates due to the drastically different environments, but I could be wrong. I'll email the. And see what I can find out....

• Like 2

I've received nothing but corpses, or things that turned into corpses within 24 hours, from Blue Zoo. The company is completely dead to me. I'm pretty sure I have a credit with them still that's going to expire. There's plenty of threads out there about how much they suck.

I bought a Purple spot Mantis from Blue Zoo a couple months ago which arrived DOA.

I was expecting a fight to get satisfaction from them but after dealing with a couple very nice and knowledgeable people there, Blue Zoo shipped me another Purple Spot Mantis within a week for no additional charge at all. They covered the cost of the animal and shipping.

"Clarence" has been with me now since early November and is healthy and active.

We always hear from those who have had bad experiences from vendors rather than from happy customers because upset people are more passionate than satisfied ones and tend to speak out more.

Ok, so I'm not sure about my previous post? Which product are we talking about? https://www.microbelift.com/products/home-aquarium/bacterial-products/ The technical director is a microbiologist, or so he claims. Their nite out stuff says exactly what is in it. The rest are vague.

special blend is the product not nite out. I think what you described in your post is accurate though as chris! mentioned to me dosing too often has similar effects to vodka dosing, going to have to try nite out in conjunction with it now.